new regulations for retirement visa for Americans?

A friend told me today that CM immigration will no longer acceptt he proof of income caffidavit from US consulate but must now show proof of income. Is this true?

Edited by ubonjoe
Added a ? mark to the title to make it correct.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, tomahawk said:

but must now show proof of income

Show proof directly at immigration?

Was that a personal experience at immigration or just a "feeling"?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

About a month ago I asked my agent if any of their clients had been asked for proof of income and they said no only letter from Embassy is needed. This agent is on the up and up no funny money stuff just paper work and going to immigration, she also does a lot of japanese extensions of stay. I am located in Chiang Mai

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Sounds easy.

And immigration will be able to verify proof of income from dozens of different countries in misc languages?

And what would they accept as proof?  Some sort of monthly deposit into a Thai bank?  I won't have that as I don't have a pension.  I have an income estimation statement from my broker for my stocks and bonds and dividends and interest, and Etrade said they would issue a letter affirming the estimated values.  I doubt a Thai or many Americans really understand quarterly stock dividends or monthly ETF dividends, or bi-annual Municipal Bond interest payments.  The Thai officials could really make this difficult, not to mention all the different immigration office interpretations!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

So to understand things a bit more clearly, an 800k deposit in a Thai bank is sufficient and no other proof of income is required ?

Yes. No change. But the funds must be seasoned for the required time period.