Pickup falls from six-floor carpark

webfact

Pickup falls from six-floor carpark

By The Nation

4bf3d3f3e2d5ff73e59a54723d81cf17.jpeg

A pickup truck driver reversed and fell from the rooftop of the six-floor carpark at the Food and Drug Administration's headquarters.

5a04fd1dd2fcf3f414ddbc2434efd81e.jpeg

The vehicle was written off but the driver escaped with slight injuries.

Police said the accident happened at 11am and the driver, Jiraphat Weerachartwattana, jumped out before it crashed against the concrete guard wall and fell.

c9bd716877a363d9abc385cf896a1ed6.jpeg

He told police he visited the FDA and forgot to return the transmission to park when he turned off the engine.

Jiraphat said that when he returned, he reached in to start the engine with one leg still on the ground. It reversed, he became frightened and removed his left leg from the vehicle before it hit the concrete wall.

FDA secretary-general Dr Tharet Kratnairawiwong said it was lucky that no one was hurt and the FDA would not require the driver to pay compensation.

Tharet said the FDA would review the strength of the concrete walls in the carpark.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30356179

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-10

Indeed an implausible text.

Even the worst auto transmission car would not allow to start with "R".

Some allow "N", the safest do nothing when not in "P".

Something lost in translation, manual?

No control over his car. Another expert rider. Panicked?

Not knowing how to stop a car but able to jump off.

What a stunt.

Even with "R" on a manual I would hardly manage to break through a barrier before breaking.

Even a manual will not start in reverse unless the clutch is depressed. If the clutch is released suddenly it would probably bunny-hop a couple of times then stall.

I do not believe anything about this guy's story.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Indeed an implausible text.

Even the worst auto transmission car would not allow to start with "R".

Some allow "N", the safest do nothing when not in "P".

Something lost in translation, manual?

No control over his car. Another expert rider. Panicked?

Not knowing how to stop a car but able to jump off.

What a stunt.

Even with "R" on a manual I would hardly manage to break through a barrier before breaking.

It is this family thing you know. Here is what happened to his wife lately:

6173c309-3019-41e4-a079-c48c2faf9e42_zps

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I bet the Police did not even check to see if he

actually had a driving license. 

regards worgeordie

If he has a DL, the police should take it and ban him from driving for life. It's just a matter of time before he kills someone with his car!

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Even a manual will not start in reverse unless the clutch is depressed. If the clutch is released suddenly it would probably bunny-hop a couple of times then stall.

I do not believe anything about this guy's story.

Not all vehicles have that interlock. In fact, of all the many manual vehicles I've driven and I really do mean many, only one, a Hyundai, had that facility.

With all the cars that go through parking lot barriers, in Thailand,  I wonder it they put in any re bar, when building? That barrier should be strong enough to withstand a direct hit, at parking lot speeds. Someone fudged on the concrete work!

5 hours ago, fakename said:

With all the cars that go through parking lot barriers, in Thailand,  I wonder it they put in any re bar, when building? That barrier should be strong enough to withstand a direct hit, at parking lot speeds. Someone fudged on the concrete work!

pandoras box

Archived