U.S. EMBASSY INCOME VERIFICATION LTR.

Hi and thank you in advance for the honest replies. As everyone knows the British Embassy has announced no more income letters are being offered to their Nationals. I heard and read today that the British Embassy said the American Embassy will soon follow. However, I'm an American and need to renew my retirement visa in early Jan. of 2019 is there any news about the U.S. Embassy stopping this as well? I use the income method of 65.000 Baht and have been using the letter the past 2 years when applying for my visa.  My last question if they are still offering the letter from the EMBASSY I have in the past taken it straight to immigration and they have accepted it with no questions but I have heard some folks had to get that letter certified with MFA.  Do I need to do or same as before just give that only to immigration?  Thank you for your help with this matter.  Jasper

Nothing posted here or on the US embassy website or their twitter account. I think they will still be doing the income affidavits come January.

Only a very few offices have want the signature on income letters and etc verified by the MFA. If was not needed this year then it will not be required next year.

You can do the letter early if you are concerned about it since immigration will accept them that are up to 6 months old.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Nothing posted here or on the US embassy website or their twitter account. I think they will still be doing the income affidavits come January.

Only a very few offices have want the signature on income letters and etc verified by the MFA. If was not needed this year then it will not be required next year.

You can do the letter early if you are concerned about it since immigration will accept them that are up to 6 months old.

Ubon Joe:

Is this the only thread dealing specifically with U.S. affidavit letters for retirement visa extensions of stay?

Also, is there a separate thread dealing only with CM Immig. visa extension issues?

I am a newbie, and trying to trace the news on TV leads me to 2-3 threads, as best as I can see.

Many thanks.

Paul/SK

1 hour ago, PaulinSaphanKwai said:

Is this the only thread dealing specifically with U.S. affidavit letters for retirement visa extensions of stay?

It is has been mentioned in other topics.

The correct name for it is a income affidavit. It is not specifically for retirement extensions of stay. The same one is used for those based upon marriage as well.

25 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

The British embassy in Thailand have confirmed that after providing income verification letters to expats for more than 20 years, they are not verification experts and have decided to cease this practice.

OK.  So now foreigners from many countries are supposed to rely on Local Thai immigration officials to understand all the possible ways a foreigner may have income?

One of our members here, in another thread on this subject, just posted on having spoken today with an acquaintance at the U.S. Embassy in BKK, and being told the U.S. Embassy has NO plans to stop issuing income affidavits.

That's obviously a second-hand report, just as the British Embassy statement to ThaiVisa was. I suspect we'll hear something official from the U.S. Embassy folks tomorrow, one way or the other.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1061503-british-embassy-statement-on-income-letters-officials-knew-about-problems-in-may-and-say-that-us-nationals-will-also-be-affected/?do=findComment&comment=13447575

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK