Non-O enter within 3 yrs or can use for 3 years?

3 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

valid until: 09 Oct 2021

I means they made mistake when they did the visa sticker.

It should be 9 Oct 2019. Multiple entry non-o visas are only valid for one year from the date of issue.

Where did you get the visa?

22 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

Hi Ubonjoe

yeah that what I thought, must be a mistake. Or is it?

Like what will happen when I fly in tonight? Will they pull me over at immigration and say the visa is actually only valid for a year?

Regardless of the expiry date you will only receive a maximum of 90 days on entry so I don’t see at this point being a major issue.

However, although they’ve made an error, you should get it corrected to avoid problems in the future. You would need to get it corrected at the MFA in Bangkok, or at the embassy/consulate that issued it.

43 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Regardless of the expiry date you will only receive a maximum of 90 days on entry so I don’t see at this point being a major issue.

Perhaps but since I have no plans to make an extension for 1 year, instead plan to make a mini holiday every 90 days, the expiry date of the visa is an issue as do I need to make a new visa in one year plus 90 days or can I just keep using this one for the next three years?

Edited by STD Warehouse

8 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

Perhaps but since I have no plans to make an extension for 1 year, instead plan to make a mini holiday every 90 days, the expiry date of the visa is an issue as do I need to make a new visa in one year plus 90 days or can I just keep using this one for the next three years?

I can assure somewhere along the way a immigration officer will notice the incorrect date when you enter the country. They are aware that standard non immigrant visas are only valid for one year from the date of issue. 

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I can assure somewhere along the way a immigration officer will notice the incorrect date when you enter the country. They are aware that standard non immigrant visas are only valid for one year from the date of issue. 

I’m guessing they will notice tonight when I come through immigration at Don Mueng. 

Ive read in other threads that’s embassies/consulates don’t have actual computer terminals that link into Thai immigration. So how does the visa go into the Thai immigration computer system? Does the visa ID number get entered for the first time on first use when coming through immigration for the first time? Then what happens? The computer will be like <deleted>, why’d this non-O saying three years and alert the immigration officer?

it will be interesting to see what happens tonight. I did not have time to go back to the embassy/consulate as I only noticed after they had closed and I was already here at the airport.

3 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

Ive read in other threads that’s embassies/consulates don’t have actual computer terminals that link into Thai immigration. So how does the visa go into the Thai immigration computer system?

It does not get entered. Only the  class of the visa used for entry is entered in their system. For example TR for a tourist visa or non-im for a non immigrant visa.

38 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:
1 hour ago, elviajero said:

My point is that regardless of the error you are still within the period the visa is -- if issued correctly -- valid, so at this point in time there should no major issue.

If you were trying to use the visa after 9th Oct 2019 I could see several potential problems, which is why I recommend you get the error fixed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, elviajero said:

My point is that regardless of the error you are still within the period the visa is -- if issued correctly -- valid, so at this point in time there should no major issue.

If you were trying to use the visa after 9th Oct 2019 I could see several potential problems, which is why I recommend you get the error fixed.

Wise words, I see what your saying. 

so I just came through a quite Don Muang immigration at 11.45pm.

I purposely choose a woman immigration officer I thought enjoyed denying entry to visa on arrival farang as she might flag up my special three year non-o visa.

Anyway, she had stamped my passport and was about to give it back when I pointed out that my visa was for three years when I should only ever have been granted a one year visa. She nodded in agreement and called over a senior woman immigration officer, then two further male immigration officers quickly came over.

They all looked at my visa and then all laughed together at the fact I had a three year non-o visa. At that point I said I was a very lucky man, having a three year visa, and they all laughed again. Then they all walk off, still laughing, the woman then gave my passport back.

It seemed that nothing more had been entered into the computer and they wrote nothing on my passport, except for the usual stamp for 90 days entry. And they gave me no advise about contacting MFA.

The whole experience was quite comical and highly enjoyable, it was like I knew that they knew it was only a one year visa, and they knew that I knew it was only a one year visa, and the whole thing was a bit of a joke.

So there you go, come in as a genuine tourist through Don Muang and get denied, come in with an error prone visa and get a good laugh! Thai style immigration at its best.

Edited by STD Warehouse
  • Like 1