500+ Foreigners Arrested In New Nationwide Raids

webfact

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

At the rate the top 2 cheese are ordering things, by election time it might just be every 60. 

To be honest, if he clamps down too hard, it would not matter if all the foreigners still left living here reported daily to immgration, they would still be twiddling their fingers

4 hours ago, lkv said:

What makes you think that people staying long on tourist visas are being affected, where did you come up with that?

I am staying long on tourist visas and that's not what concerns me, they can bl#w me as far as I am concerned since I am not on overstay.

It's the vibe of a nanny state I am having a problem with, along with racial profiling, this coming from one of the most corrupted institutions, Royal Thai Police, and a non democratic administration.

The Vibe of a Police State.

41 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its not about race though .

Some people support African criminals , because they are so non racist , that they believe anyone who disapproves of African criminals  , only disapproves of them because they are African .

Yes, there are some racists on TV, but generally, posters just dislike criminals , overstayers , drug dealers  etc, regardless of their ethnicity .

I agree and it’s obvious by the tone or style of their comments who is who. 

I’m an apologists and i realize my biases and try not let it cloud my judgements, but in this confusing world where good and bad are so interwoven, being a racist is something that nobody will ever be able to label me. It’s my personal belief that if one is or isn’t, they should have no doubt and hide their evil intentions. Thanks for your reply and hope you’ve a great weekend. 

Parts of Chinatown are 25-50% Indian, primarily Sikh.

Yeah, Chinese definitely missing from that mob but still well done - taking out the trash.

Shocked at so many illegal entries, all Africans. This people are no damn good. You don't skirt immigration with good intentions in mind. I've seen this lot years ago up in Vientiane hanging out, up to no good. Waiting...'selling cloth'

Racial profiling blah blah looks like targeting black folks hanging out on lower Sukhumvhit was a gold mine. Send em over to Ramkhamheng and police the ARL.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Funny how we've heard nothing lately, AFAIK, about what all these raids have meant in terms of impact on the IDC, and the extent to which all these people they're rounding up either are or are not actually getting put on airplanes for deportation to their home countries.

They get popped in Immigration raid arrests, and that seems to be the last that's ever heard about that.  Kind of makes you wonder, if all of them really do end up getting kicked out of the country, or just perhaps, manage to make some payment and then quietly disappear back to their prior lives.

It’s a sad combination of all three. I visit most Saturday and if a person gets nicked and taken to lumphini they can work it off or pay it off but once in IDC they give them there phones in the daytime and turn them loose to beg and pleade anyone and everyone to send them money. Some who see the scam for what is and have no one to help will just sit and wait. IDC is nicer than back home and they don’t have to sell themselves. But to end the story, the answer is everyone in IDC eventually is deported. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its not about race though .

Some people support African criminals , because they are so non racist , that they believe anyone who disapproves of African criminals  , only disapproves of them because they are African .

Yes, there are some racists on TV, but generally, posters just dislike criminals , overstayers , drug dealers  etc, regardless of their ethnicity .

Like the first little man in the quotes. Clearly a racists but will not admit it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

A racist is a person who treats a person differently due to their race .

Some people think that its racist to disagree with a Black person .

Treating a Black overstaying drug dealer differently to a White overstaying drug dealer , would be racist , because your opinion of a person depends on their skin colour

Which is exactly what I am pointing out and you know this. This group is being targeted specifically because of their race. They made a bad decision to come here and now stuck in hotel California it just gets continually worse and worse and their is not a happy ending for them. They’re criminals and they’ll be the first to tell you how regretful they are for coming here. I’m not defending them of their criminality, I’m defending them because no one else will. 

The thais who invited this behavior here to make money have found another source and 1000’s of people are left. Being without rights or protection make them easy marks for the coorupt police. If you want to have your stomach turned go to lumphini police station tonight around 4 am. It sickens me. 

Thats why I’m an apologist and defend them 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Michael Stribling said:

I visit most Saturday and if a person gets nicked and taken to lumphini they can work it off or pay it off

Can you explain what you mean about "Lumpini" and working it off or paying it off?

IDC isn't there, but elsewhere at Soi Suan Plu, right?  I'm confused...

2 hours ago, Michael Stribling said:

The thais who invited this behavior here to make money have found another source and 1000’s of people are left.

What do you mean by that ?

Which Thais invited this behavior and how did they invite it ?

(And how did they make money from it ?)

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

A racist is a person who treats a person differently due to their race .

Some people think that its racist to disagree with a Black person .

Treating a Black overstaying drug dealer differently to a White overstaying drug dealer , would be racist , because your opinion of a person depends on their skin colour

“Some people think it’s racist to disagree with a black person”

ROTFLMAO

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its true .

Take a post in this thread as an example .

It was suggested that the reason people have animosity against African overstaying drug dealing criminals is because they are African .

They do not accept that the reason for the animosity is because of their actions , rather than their race .

If you "disagree" with an Africans persons behavior , they view that as being racist 

That is not what you said. 

You said “some people think it’s racist to disagree with a black person”. 

That is what has had me rolling around laughing. 

What you describe in your post here is racial profiling. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

There are indeed some people who think that if you disagree with a black person about something , you are only disagreeing with them because they are Black 

Like the guys that kneel for the US National anthem , if you disagree with them doing so, theres only one reason as to why you disagree with them.........."because youre a racist"

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, humbug said:

yeah right, chinese origin plump mr P sending his homeboys to chinatown where 1000's of chinese origin people: work, live and bingo ! they net 30 indians; before people say but theres a large indian community there too, yes but its called chinatown for an <deleted> reason folks; and not 1 chinese origin person arrested

but the Chinese have been playing this game much longer.  :cheesy: