500+ Foreigners Arrested In New Nationwide Raids

webfact

8 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

That is a bold lie. There are countless people who abide by the letter of the law and still get screwed everyday. I have countless stories from my own personal experiences and many other Farang I know. 

Let me guess: you live in a tourist area, don't speak Thai and wear your shorts during a visit to the immigration office? :passifier:

5 hours ago, Michael Stribling said:

When you get rolled up on the suk you get hauled off to Lumphini police station. There the gals are given time to accrue the money to be released. Those who can’t come up with the money are then booked and processed to IDC or cut a deal with a cop. 

Does this help somewhat?

Haaa!   Yes, I guess a bit... So, what's the going rate, more or less, to get released at Lumpini police station instead of getting sent onward to IDC?

And, are you talking only about generic working girl street raids around Nana, since you said "gals," or are you also talking about the recent broader visa overstay raids that the Tourist Police have been conducting and having weekly news conferences about?

The latter is a whole different segment of folks.

4 minutes ago, Michael Stribling said:

Totally making that up. There not up at the food court, that’s ridiculous. 

You guys are downstairs at McDonald’s obviously. 

Why are you saying "You guys" ?

Me ?

I am not on an overstay , I dont sell drugs .................and Im not downstairs in McDonalds

Are you aware of any places where a large amount of White people on overstay/sell drugs all congregate ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Haaa!   Yes, I guess a bit... So, what's the going rate, more or less, to get released at Lumpini police station instead of getting sent onward to IDC?

And, are you talking only about generic working girl street raids around Nana, since you said "gals," or are you also talking about the recent broader visa overstay raids that the Tourist Police have been conducting and having weekly news conferences about?

The latter is a whole different segment of folks.

Well it’s been sometime since I did my research but Somchai has quite a ringer going on. They’ll watch a independent sex worker catch a trick early, then they will usually have some one follow from a distance. People being greedy and not making good decisions she’ll often try and knock out another trick. When she does they’ll nab her up, put her in the truck, and  then go snatch a random two up as well. Now remember girl #1 has two transactions on her. That’s what sets the others up. When it time to impose the “ho tax” they peel off about 6000 and tell her call her friends for 4000 more. She pays her 10,000 and now the other two has to follow suit. Old Somchai doesn’t leave them taxi fare, so they gotta blow a taxi driver to get home. 

Its all a game for them down there, but adds potential horrific consequences for people. Example: The woman fear carrying condoms because the Lump’s will check their purses and use that as “evidence” that she’s a prostitute to tax her. So now you have African sex workers in the sex capital of the world accosting “handsome me “ who are drunken beyond reason and no one has a condom. What can go wrong?

• Thanks 1

Well it’s been sometime since I did my research but Somchai has quite a ringer going on. They’ll watch a independent sex worker catch a trick early, then they will usually have some one follow from a distance. People being greedy and not making good decisions she’ll often try and knock out another trick. When she does they’ll nab her up, put her in the truck, and  then go snatch a random two up as well. Now remember girl #1 has two transactions on her. That’s what sets the others up. When it time to impose the “ho tax” they peel off about 6000 and tell her call her friends for 4000 more. She pays her 10,000 and now the other two has to follow suit. Old Somchai doesn’t leave them taxi fare, so they gotta blow a taxi driver to get home. 

Its all a game for them down there, but adds potential horrific consequences for people. Example: The woman fear carrying condoms because the Lump’s will check their purses and use that as “evidence” that she’s a prostitute to tax her. So now you have African sex workers in the sex capital of the world accosting “handsome me “ who are drunken beyond reason and no one has a condom. What can go wrong?

image.png.fd94efaf650ace185a573cb0b486cbca.png

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Why are you saying "You guys" ?

Me ?

I am not on an overstay , I dont sell drugs .................and Im not downstairs in McDonalds

Are you aware of any places where a large amount of White people on overstay/sell drugs all congregate ?

Hey you were so keen on this evidence and such I assumed you were in such a crowd. Glad you cleared it up.

Am i aware of where white people who overstay/sell drugs congregate ? 

Yes, the remand prison up the river as several. 

You are speaking so "street" , its difficult to understand what you are saying 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2018 at 7:22 AM, GeorgeCross said:

so nana area? were hundreds of old white guys rounded up to have their passports checked or just those fitting the 'profile' in the picture?

'Old'...you mean over 21? Or just older than you? The last time I was there a few months ago the demographics were mixed ages.

Just now, Father Fintan Stack said:

Keep playing the race card.

These are illegal criminals that are not wanted in Thailand.

God, I love this country sometimes.

Ok sir. Please clear it up then. Just yes or no answers. 

Do you consider an African man to be your equal?

Do you think an African is deserving of The exAct treatment as you in every instance?

if you saw an act of bigotry against an African would you say something?

thats it. Three easy yes or no questions. 

50 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

That is a bold lie. There are countless people who abide by the letter of the law and still get screwed everyday. I have countless stories from my own personal experiences and many other Farang I know. 

Things you will never hear a Thai say.

”oh good the police are here.”

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Cheops said:

People who abide by the law don't have any reason to fear. In the event that the rtp stops and checks you there will be no problem. I live here more than 13 years and never be stopped or questioned or checked, but then again I don't hang out in nana nor I live in a touristy area. My Visa and wp is extended every 2 years. 

Yes, you don't live in the center of Bangkok, to be exposed to abuse from the infamous Thonglor Police.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael Stribling said:

Do you think an African is deserving of The exAct treatment as you in every instance?

1; yep

2:yep

3: nope, cause i don't give a rats what other people think and it don't effect me. it aint my country and i aint got no right to judge.

i just hate stupid people, regardless of their ethnicity.

1 hour ago, Michael Stribling said:

Yes , yes and yes . 

If they were white skinned criminals I would have said the same , send them back to Russia or wherever they come from . In this case I said Ghana and Nigeria because that's where most of them comes from . 

You seem to be prejudgemental or maybe you just think too much . 

Edited by balo

19 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

1; yep

2:yep

3: nope, cause i don't give a rats what other people think and it don't effect me. it aint my country and i aint got no right to judge.

i just hate stupid people, regardless of their ethnicity.

10 minutes ago, balo said:

Yes , yes and yes . 

If they were white skinned criminals I would have said the same , send them back to Russia or wherever they come from . In this case I said Ghana and Nigeria because that's where most of them comes from . 

You seem to be prejudgemental or maybe you just think too much . 

Then I sincerely apologize for calling you men racist. I was out of line and I’ll give more pause and reflection before making such a horrible accusation. I’m sorry and it will not happen again. 

• Like 2

1. Would that not depend on the individual? I’m sure some superior to me. Do you think everyone is the same?

2. Depending on the situation, would not an African National be treated differently than a US National? One needs a visa to visit Canada, one does not for example.

3. Again, would that not depend on the the situation? In any event, would it not be better to do something than say something?

Yes or no please.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lkv said:

Yes, you don't live in the center of Bangkok, to be exposed to abuse from the infamous Thonglor Police.

I do live in Bangkok for the past 13,5 years, but not in the center (I live in the Laksi area). In our neighborhood there are also regular check points, but they never ask me anything and always let me drive through. I don't about the situation in Thonglor.

4 hours ago, Michael Stribling said:

Utter fantasy. A complete fabrication. Perhaps the activities of another police forcein another country projected on to Sukhumvit.  Whatever scams or corruption exists on the 'Suk' it is not based on the model described.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The manic said:

Utter fantasy. A complete fabrication. Perhaps the activities of another police forcein another country projected on to Sukhumvit.  Whatever scams or corruption exists on the 'Suk' it is not based on the model described.

Haha. Prove your argument. I’m willing to walk any one of you guys through there and we can speak to people themselves. I’ve no qualm with defending my words. 

You can’t and won’t so get along ????

• Haha 1