Thai girlfriend of my age/earning power pressuring me to be financially supported

andux

Seems like when you are going to have to pay for everything, she will see that as normal and will not even apriciate it . I think its best to find one that apriciates what you give her, and its not thai i think all nationalities will cost money , the important thing is that they wont see it as normal, but apriciate it and see how hard we also have to work for it , it still doesn't come falling from the sky.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If not already done, someone will come along and suggest that the OP gets a dog instead.

i found a much better thing:

buy europa universails 4 strategy game and theres no going back to thai woman

Yes. If she looks as you tell us then she sure can find a provider so why shouldnt she. The norm in Thailand if she stayed with a Thai boyfriend would be they share but now you aint Thai are you? I would seriously leave that girl asap because if this issue bothers you now then it will bother you always.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, seajae said:

mate, I share all expenses with my wife, she has insisted on it since we met, if your girlfriend wants you to support her fully then you are in for a rocky relationship. It takes 2 to tango, the way I look at it if you have to pay for everything you re buying yourself a full time hooker, if money is more important than love then its not a marriage or a partnership, you may as well be single and hit a brothel when you want a bit. Sounds more like she is in this for herself and simply wants what she can get, think long and hard before you really commit long term, if you have no problems picking up women then look elsewhere for a genuine woman as she is obviously not genuine at all

who buys a Cow you better just buy the milk and butter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More the norm of the Thailand of decades ago. While the norm might have shifted towards more equality in a relationship, the old mindset of I am the woman/I am giving him my body and should therefore in some way be  compensated for my sacrifices is still present in many Thai women especially when it comes to going with Farang. 

Refuse to oblige, if she really loves you, she will stay. 

At your age you can still find a girlfriend with  less exploitative intentions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thecyclist said:

At your age you can still find a girlfriend with  less exploitative intentions. 

When I was 17 I managed that a couple of times (maybe three).

After 20 I paid, all the time, for everything.

I was once having a serious talk with a fat ugly Thai lady about this very subject and she said, "But you are always with beautiful young Thai ladies, and they have many choices, if you were my man I would share everything"

........... Sorry girl, I'd rather pay for a product worth having ............

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2018 at 7:03 PM, andux said:

I'd understand the situation if there were certain disparities (in either income, age or attractiveness), 

What has attractiveness got to do with anything...I see you mentioned it two times?

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I was once having a serious talk with a fat ugly Thai lady about this very subject and she said, "But you are always with beautiful young Thai ladies, and they have many choices, if you were my man I would share everything"

........... Sorry girl, I'd rather pay for a product worth having ............

I am with a 32-year-old fat Thai. She shares everything. She will do anything to please me. To me, that is a product worth having and to date, has been the only Thai girl I have been with that has paid her way.

We are all very different. I have been with my share of Thai pretties here and looks just in my books are far behind in points for a decent mind/heart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't read all 6 pages of comments, too much for me.

Mine tried the same. I explained to her that this won't happen and she understood an accepted. Still sometimes some very odd demands for little money, like 1000 Baht for the beauty parlor, though she has millions of her money in the bank. If it makes her happy, so what. But absolutely no big figures at all, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

What has attractiveness got to do with anything...I see you mentioned it two times?

Attractiveness is an asset that allows a person to find sexual mates. The more good-looking a person is, the more options the person will have. 

When there's a disparity in attractiveness between two people that are in a relationship, it has to be compensated with something else, usually money. That's why usually the ugly girls (with few available options) pay their way, and the pretty ones (with options all around) can afford to sit around doing nothing.

This is just a general rule, there are exceptions. I've always dated pretty girls and never paid a penny to keep them around (I mean, in the sense of financial support, I don't go to the movies/dinner and make a scene when the bill comes), but this is my first Thai girlfriend, and also the first time I talk about marriage/kids with someone. That's why the situation, and her recent attempts to convert me into a financial provider, got me a bit confused, and came here for some advice from more experienced people.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

I am with a 32-year-old fat Thai. She shares everything. She will do anything to please me.

At 32 she's a bit past her sell-by date, if she were 20 it would cost you $$$$$$$$s.

Whenever I meet a single woman in her 30s, I always think to myself "What's wrong with her?"

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1