VIDEO: Bangkok minivan driver held after hitting female passenger

rooster59

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He has been fined 5,000 baht and blacklisted from driving a minivan.

Officials said that operators will be told not to hire him in the future.

So obviously "blacklisting" is a waste of time ??

5 hours ago, mok199 said:

I watch daily as the beach tour group herders ,push shove and insult Chinese..absolutely diigraceful,the lack of respect.....A lawless defiant society out of control...

A part of Thailand that no one should experience. LOS's?  LOL Not with these volatile and thin-skinned males. Why would anyone want  to come  here?Everyday some  f...d u p story of   aggression.

7 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Maybe she was talking loudly to her phone using the speaker phone function.

Still no reason for assault. Stressed out driver, misunderstood phone call? 

Still assault. Fine and Charge, suspended sentence would seem right.

4 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

Never happens anywhere else! Strange how all crime is only in Thailand, innit, bozo?

Yes- it does  happen in  other places,  but it  seems that  psychosis is rampant in the LOS.  Thailand has some  whacked out people.. and I dare anyone to say otherwise. If you compare  Thailand to other destinations, the safety factor  is well below what some may think.  Thank God  I have  left there.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

14 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Never seen a bus driver in UK punch a passenger,,,,,here its a regular thing, so yes it is pretty much a thai thing

Exactly! Thais obviously need some mental health counseling...those who are in that category of aggression.. Obviously, not all  are in that category.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Just another half man worm with no self esteem or self discipline. Where I come from you just don’t slap a woman around. I’ll bet a lot of forum members would like a chance to set this creep straight. Hope he never gets to drive a van again. 

I can pretty much guarantee that he Will drive a van again if he wants.

Also he will probably even refuse to pay the 5000 THB fine and nobody will do anything about it. Tit. Tons of laws, no enforcement.

1 minute ago, TMNH said:

Exactly! Thais obviously need some mental health counseling...those who are in that category of aggression.. Obviously, not all  are in that category.

Education and some recourse for offending would work.. bet ya bottom dollar that driver is still working....immigration staff wack people, bus drivers, taxi drivers, restaurant staff....its not a safe place to be 

And if you decide to work in a position where  tourists are commonplace, then get used to it or get the f..k out. No one needs  volatile Thai people working in any tourist-related position. You do not bite the hand that feeds you.

Unfortunately minivan drivers are not the most cultured and pleasant of people to be around having their patience already tested in Bangkok's notorious traffic, unruly passengers and silent farting.

Thankful that the CCTV cameras were working today and very high def indeed.

Real men don't hit women dude, didn't your mom teach you that?

Hopefully news will get around that nowadays you have to be accountable for your actions due to CCTV and social media.

5 hours ago, connda said:

Wanna know why this sort of thing is so pervasive in Thailand?

Because you can assault and batter anyone you wish for only 5000 THB.  Think about it!  ????

In the West you end up with a fine, jail time and a criminal record to follow you around the rest of your life.  That's before the civil suit which will put a serious hole in your net worth.

Here in Thailand?  5000 THB is the price you pay for having low self-esteem and not having to keep your temper.  Wanna smack a woman around.  Not a problem!!!

"5000 baht please - commit assault and battery now, pay later!" 
And as far as being a minivan driver again - just move out of Bangkok.  Heck, move to Chiang Mai.  You can smack around a farang, a woman, a child for 5000 baht and probably keep your job.  What? You really think that Thailand has the database infrastructure and  manpower to track the driver, "Mr. Mana", across Thailand to assure he doesn't take a job as an angry minivan driver again?  <laughs> :clap2:

Before you get all excited , OP clearly states matter will be sent to court .

5000 fine was by the transport department , there would be another 5000 from the courts/police .

And no, in the west you do not go to jail for slapping someone , you would not even go to jail if you give someone a good beating .

the only time you would go to jail in the west is if you caused serious injury

9 hours ago, ReMarKable said:

The first time I heard someone talking on one of these devices I was in an elevator and I thought he was talking to me.  I looked at him and he continued talking to apparently no one.  I thought he needed mental health help.

Happened to me when waiting at the traffic light junction. The guy in the car next to mine was talking and looking at my direction. I thought he was talking to me through the closed window so I wound down my window to ask him what the matter was. He did not even have the decency to wind down his window to hear me out. He just glanced at me and kept on talking to his  ‘god’.

Only then did it hit me. I thought his wireless earpiece is for his hard of hearing problem!

20 hours ago, connda said:

Wanna know why this sort of thing is so pervasive in Thailand?

Because you can assault and batter anyone you wish for only 5000 THB.  Think about it!  ????

In the West you end up with a fine, jail time and a criminal record to follow you around the rest of your life.  That's before the civil suit which will put a serious hole in your net worth.

Here in Thailand?  5000 THB is the price you pay for having low self-esteem and not having to keep your temper.  Wanna smack a woman around.  Not a problem!!!

"5000 baht please - commit assault and battery now, pay later!" 
And as far as being a minivan driver again - just move out of Bangkok.  Heck, move to Chiang Mai.  You can smack around a farang, a woman, a child for 5000 baht and probably keep your job.  What? You really think that Thailand has the database infrastructure and  manpower to track the driver, "Mr. Mana", across Thailand to assure he doesn't take a job as an angry minivan driver again?  <laughs> :clap2:

Normally ir's not 5000 Baht. It's 500 Baht.

21 hours ago, connda said:

The sanctions and penalties in the Thai 'justice' system seem to have real no rhyme or reason. 

To be fair, there's not much here that shows rhyme or reason in any form.

As I have said for years - 'Welcome to Thailand - land of the consistently inconsistent'.

On 10/13/2018 at 8:44 PM, mok199 said:

I watch daily as the beach tour group herders ,push shove and insult Chinese..absolutely diigraceful,the lack of respect.....A lawless defiant society out of control...

Which society? Thai, Chinese, or both? ????

Archived