VIDEO: Bangkok minivan driver held after hitting female passenger

rooster59

VIDEO: Bangkok minivan driver held after hitting female passenger

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUwNy83NTM5NTMwLzMuanBn.jpg

Image: Sanook

A Bangkok minivan driver has been arrested after hitting a female passenger.

The incident, which was caught on CCTV, took place on Thursday in the Rangsit area of Bangkok.

The female passenger had been travelling from Ayuthaya on the Bangkok-Lopburi minivan.

She wanted to travel to Samut Sakhon and was told by the driver that she needed to change and get on another van at Rangsit.

The woman told reporters she spent 19 minutes of the journey on the phone to a work colleague.

When she arrived at Rangsit the driver got out of the vehicle and confronted the woman saying “why did you blame me?”  

He then slapped her across the face.

The woman insisted she did not talk about the driver during her phone conversation and did not do anything that to upset the driver.

She said there wasn’t any reason for the driver to attack her.

The woman then posted about the incident on her Facebook page.

On Saturday, the driver who was identified Mana Ngamern, was hauled in front of transport officials.

He has been fined 5,000 baht and blacklisted from driving a minivan.

Officials said that operators will be told not to hire him in the future.

Police said details of the case will be sent to Thanyaburi Provincial Court.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-14

Wanna know why this sort of thing is so pervasive in Thailand?

Because you can assault and batter anyone you wish for only 5000 THB.  Think about it!  ????

In the West you end up with a fine, jail time and a criminal record to follow you around the rest of your life.  That's before the civil suit which will put a serious hole in your net worth.

Here in Thailand?  5000 THB is the price you pay for having low self-esteem and not having to keep your temper.  Wanna smack a woman around.  Not a problem!!!

"5000 baht please - commit assault and battery now, pay later!" 
And as far as being a minivan driver again - just move out of Bangkok.  Heck, move to Chiang Mai.  You can smack around a farang, a woman, a child for 5000 baht and probably keep your job.  What? You really think that Thailand has the database infrastructure and  manpower to track the driver, "Mr. Mana", across Thailand to assure he doesn't take a job as an angry minivan driver again?  <laughs> :clap2:

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Maybe she was talking loudly to her phone using the speaker phone function.

If it was a guy, they'd have a 'hands-free' bluetooth device embedded in their ear as they walk around like a schizophrenic who is having a personal, one-way conversation with God. 

3 minutes ago, connda said:

If it was a guy, they'd have a 'hands-free' bluetooth device embedded in their ear as they walk around like a schizophrenic who is having a personal, one-way conversation with God. 

The first time I heard someone talking on one of these devices I was in an elevator and I thought he was talking to me.  I looked at him and he continued talking to apparently no one.  I thought he needed mental health help.

15 minutes ago, connda said:

Wanna know why this sort of thing is so pervasive in Thailand?

Because you can assault and batter anyone you wish for only 5000 THB.  Think about it!  ????

In the West you end up with a fine, jail time and a criminal record to follow you around the rest of your life.  That's before the civil suit which will put a serious hole in your net worth.

Here in Thailand?  5000 THB is the price you pay for having low self-esteem and not having to keep your temper.  Wanna smack a woman around.  Not a problem!!!

"5000 baht please - commit assault and battery now, pay later!" 
And as far as being a minivan driver again - just move out of Bangkok.  Heck, move to Chiang Mai.  You can smack around a farang, a woman, a child for 5000 baht and probably keep your job.  What? You really think that Thailand has the database infrastructure and  manpower to track the driver, "Mr. Mana", across Thailand to assure he doesn't take a job as an angry minivan driver again?  <laughs> :clap2:

The worst part is that he will probably never have to pay that 5000.

2 hours ago, mok199 said:

I watch daily as the beach tour group herders ,push shove and insult Chinese..absolutely diigraceful,the lack of respect.....A lawless defiant society out of control...

I assume they dish out the insults in Thai? If yes, then it's just a matter of time before these herders come across one, or a few, who understand Thai, and who are not afraid to speak up and stand up to these fools. And some of the Chinese can be quite hot-headed too - and the whole thing would become a massive shouting match or worse, a free-for-all brawl, resulting in everyone pointing at each other for the camera at the police station.

Then, more Chinese will cancel their trips to Thailand and the authorities here will embark on more face-saving crap AND lick more Chinese balls with Chinese-centric initiatives at all tourist entry points and destinations.

To be fair, every society has their stupid idiots, and in their defense, Thais are generally very nice people and the much-advertised Thai hospitality is very real. It's just not showing where it matters - with the tourists. And when it is shown, it's just half-hearted and insincere, and probably a prelude before they slam you with a scam.

I can understand the stress and frustration with handling tourists - especially difficult ones. Still, that's your job and it's not like you are forced to do it. Don't like to handle stupid tourists? Then don't work in the tourism industry, or have a non client-facing role. Can you imagine a doctor complaining that his patients are always sick, getting frustrated and insults his patients for being sick?

Honestly, Chinese or Caucasians - everyone should just give Thailand a miss until these gits learn to be nice to tourists and visitors. Like what some posters said, hit them where it hurts - their wallets. Let them learn respect and let them realise that tourists are people too, not cattle to be herded to the abattoir. Heck, I think even cattle get more respect. At the same time, a downtime will give Thailand a chance to rejuvenate and regenerate itself. It's going to hurt tourism income in the short run, but then again, hard resets are never easy.

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic - I just think it is relevant to mok199's post.

Why are we speculating? Nobody knows what initiated his assault but seemingly attacking females seems to be epidemic world wide!! I am not being sanctimonious but hitting anyone let alone a lady should receive a stiff sentence. This perhaps may send a message to would be macho types that believe this is acceptable! 

Nice to see an adequate action taken against the offender. Of course he will no doubt

find someone to put him back on the road but it is certainly an improvement over the

normal slap on the wrist :clap2:

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:

18 wheeler truck crashes into a suv

truck driver drunk 

It takes almost 3 hour's to free the suv driver almost dead 

6000b fine 

Mini van driver slap a lady 

5000b and ban from driving minivan 

Super justice system 

Proposed legislation: 450 THB to license a pet.  25,000 THB fine if you don't. 
Yeah, agreed.  The sanctions and penalties in the Thai 'justice' system seem to have real no rhyme or reason. 

Archived