3BB connection issues

poohy

Hi 

getting to the end of my tether on this

I live in a rural area have 3BB standard package for about 18 months until the last 3/4 months it has worked well.

Recently it has been dropping out daily sometimes many times in an hour.

error codes from troubleshooter are mainly

network cable broken

access point issues

DNS server not reached

Obviously i have called help centre (many times)they seem to fiddle with something it works better for a day or so then back to normal

repair men have been (a few times) fiddled with line as they said it was broken again better for a day or so then same  old ****

today even whatsapp would not work as connection was poor/ intermittent

When it works its fine its just not working enough of the time and dealing with local office in PKK is like having seance.

Any ideas ?

PS working fine now!!

Your problems sound like what I had with TOT ADSL a year ago. I switched to use mobile internet, which has mainly worked well.

Few days ago I got AIS 6 months / 6 Mbps package for 1800 baht (300 baht / month). Yesterday I got a MiFi modem, which shares the mobile internet connection to my home for 1500 baht. 

I get steady 6 Mbps download and upload speeds. I have never had better internet connection in my home. 

If mobile internet is available where you live, I highly recommend it. 

1390340376_Screenshot2018-10-1322_39_04.png.16817cdb54ddfdf08708eff5494b89c3.png

I recently switched from 3BB ADSL to Fibre 100/30 package at Bht 749 a month. Absolutely great. Got a Gigabit router included, so connect a 2nd PC via a Cat6 cable. Has two wifi channels, 2.4 and 5G. And I am up int' sticks miles from anywhere. I don't know what your problem could be but 6Mb/s is not high speed internet by any means. 

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

MeToo, but when I went along to pay the 749bht for the first time this month, they said no extra charge, still 631bht.

This month's bill included half of the month in which the fibre was fitted, so I got Bht 955 this month, down to Bht 749 following. They will catch up with you. I think the 50Mb/s is still 599 + VAT.

5 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

This month's bill included half of the month in which the fibre was fitted, so I got Bht 955 this month, down to Bht 749 following. They will catch up with you. I think the 50Mb/s is still 599 + VAT.

I did question the payment, but the lady was adamant that there was no extra charge for the September promotion.

I was happy to pay 749bht, but they didn't want it (and it was my second payment, upgrade done on 5rd Sept, a day or two after I paid 631bht for September).

Downloading movies happily at 11-12Mbs.

20 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I recently switched from 3BB ADSL to Fibre 100/30 package at Bht 749 a month. Absolutely great. Got a Gigabit router included, so connect a 2nd PC via a Cat6 cable. Has two wifi channels, 2.4 and 5G. And I am up int' sticks miles from anywhere. I don't know what your problem could be but 6Mb/s is not high speed internet by any means. 

The thing is that not everybody are able to get a fiber to their homes. My ADSL phone line was laid on the jungle floor when it worked. 

For us, who see more wildlife than people in a typical day, mobile internet can be perfect solution. Currently the prices are really quite cheap.

I have collected a summary of long term mobile internet prices in Thailand. 

https://oilinki.com/blog/1-year-unlimited-data-sim-cards-thailand

1804228407_Screenshot2018-10-1412_53_20.png.3b2d7d8b88655270e3f3e46d5c9a4976.png

MeToo, but when I went along to pay the 749bht for the first time this month, they said no extra charge, still 631bht.

We ordered this free upgrade last month, (10th) and was told there would be no monthly increase on the 631 baht we already pay. Yet I know someone else who did the same free upgrade and was paying 590 baht a month and they have had their payments increased to 700 baht. I did wonder if 3BB were somehow honouring the longer term customers who had been paying more for the same service.
The only problem is that we are still waiting for them to come an install it. At the time there was a five week waiting list! They are scheduled to come later this week.

To the OP, my existing Internet has been troublesome for a while as well dropping off to nothing at times, particularly mornings and evenings. We did mention it on a visit to our local 3BB shop and the response was "yes we know" So good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks for comments we are on waiting list for fiber but local office dont know if they can or when  install

BKK office is as helpful as can be 

In addition to being the back of beyond i am sure we are experiencing delays due to girl in in office that originally showed no interest in helping and  has taken a dislike to Mrs P who pointed this out quite forcefully  so not getting too much help .

looking at mobile internet failing that switch back to expensive CAT that at least worked 

I have had 3BB since July 2016 and had issues as you describe after 3BB upgraded the original 20/4 VDSL speeds to 50/10 the following April. After 2 months of calls to 1530 and 3BB techs coming to my house checking connections, replacing the router, using their testing equipment and telling me internet OK, I finally was able to convince 3BB Bangkok that the original cable was unable to stream the higher data speed of 50/10. Two days later a 3BB crew replaced the whole cable from the village 1km away to my home using a higher spec cable and I had no further issues.  Last April, 3BB installed 100/30 Fiber, which consistently gives me 120+/40+. Forget contacting the local office. Call 1530 and voice your dissatisfaction in their service. The local office will not do anything without Bangkok's approval and direction.

Were you on the 30/10 ADSL before upgrading to Cover ?
I went in to pay my 30/10 and they told me I will be upgraded to Fiber soon for 700baht but there will be a promotional price.I didn't ask her how much and how long though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, joneson said:

I am registered on the 3BB network,You can go home and wait for a month's net fee and 100 yuan for a cat fee. Say that you are ready to install it within a week, you can use the network within a week, not true, say three days to give you a good result, send you a cat three days later, install the master to come to the door for another time, about the date Frequently encountered pigeons are being placed.
If you want to be a little faster, you will call 1530 on the second day after the handover, urging them to put you on the itinerary.
On the third day after the first installation of the network, the network master contacted me. The master is about to advance the time, came to call me and wait for me to come back to open the door. When I have time, they will pull the line. I don’t have to take a day off at home. I will install the network at noon, half an hour. Going online, it does not affect the afternoon work.
The second time I installed the afternoon after work, the time when the master who installed the network came to rain. They waited for the rain to be small. When they didn't stop at 7:00, they would take the rain to install the network for me. I really regret that I didn't ask the aunt downstairs to bring me two boxes of rice to comfort the two masters.
Then after the second installation of the network, I also successfully used a network migration service. It was very fast and convenient. I found a counter to fill out the form. The waiter checked the base station near the new address and gave me a free migration.

I've had 3BB internet for almost 3 years. I didn't get any cat or pigeons. Was this a promotion? 

I upgraded to 3BB fiber and they told me it would take a week, they then turned up about 3 days later well before schedule and did the whole thing.

Seems to work reasonably well, the 3BB DNS servers are shit so I changed mine over to the google public DNS.

It does drop connections every now and again for an hour or two but not very often.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 4:58 PM, ukrules said:

I upgraded to 3BB fiber and they told me it would take a week, they then turned up about 3 days later well before schedule and did the whole thing.

Seems to work reasonably well, the 3BB DNS servers are shit so I changed mine over to the google public DNS.

It does drop connections every now and again for an hour or two but not very often.

3bb does dns hijack so even if you think you're using 8.8.8.8, you are using 3bb dns servers in fact.

check via

https://www.dnsleaktest.com

Archived