How can we market our business to cambodian customers

ubonr1971

We live a few hours away from a cambodian border and run a medical clinic. We have a cambodian translator friend bringing us customers once a week. But I would like to target more of this market. I assume facebook might be the only option? Should I cross the border and visit the local town myself? Hand out brochures for a few days. I do it here sometimes shopping and it does bring in clients. Would it work with their 'culture' if I were to meet and greet and promote my business in their country or would they not like this at all?

thanks

I was actually in the near future looking into possibly advertising to Cambodians as well but I would be sending product there via bus or van, not your way around where Cambodians cross the border and come to you.

I didnt give it much thought yet, but had facebook ad targeting in mind.

Unfortunately I can't be much more help at the moment.

I did have a little idea for you to give an incentive for them to visit you. I believe they need to pay a few baht at the border to come into thailand...50 baht is it? Maybe offer them a discount in that value if they show the borderpass / stamp of that day.

Hi,

Yes, it would work.

Also, if you are on Facebook, please look up Siem reap expats and Expats and locals in Siem Reap. You can look through and find the same for Phnom Penn. A very good success rate and free advertising. You can put all your services there. There is only a Doctor Ferguson that promotes his services on there right now and he was talking about returning to the U.K.

Cambodia has a thriving expat community who would be very interested in this. I also have contacts and translators with Cambodian nationals who can put it up for you. Also, an advert in the Phnom Penn post and get some free editorial if you are smart, to spread the word around. Any posters you make or leaflets need to be in the language of your target audience, of course.

You don't mention the city where you are based?

Hello, I'm moving to Phnom Penh in a couple weeks and would be happy to help you if you would like brochures handed out and if you're looking to get more expats my friend works at one of the leading schools there and I can spread the word there also.

Regards, David

Archived