No Sex Please, We're Thai

Bangkok Barry

It's about as sensible as the licencing laws imposed on supermarkets for the sale of alcohol, which are supposed to protect underage teens from buying. Whatever happened to an ID card's function in this regard, I just don't know. Also the second stage of sales hours, which begins at 5.00 pm is about the time supermarkets are crowded with schoolkids, just out of school. Logical? No. Thai. Yes.

According to my gf, the after 5.00 pm alcohol sale is to discourage thais from consuming it during the day, when they should be working.

As for the 10.00 pm curfew on teenages outing, well the police just putting a front for the people to think that they have their children at heart. Bearing in mind that it is impossble to enforce it. In other words, it is just talk!

It's about as sensible as the licencing laws imposed on supermarkets for the sale of alcohol, which are supposed to protect underage teens from buying. Whatever happened to an ID card's function in this regard, I just don't know. Also the second stage of sales hours, which begins at 5.00 pm is about the time supermarkets are crowded with schoolkids, just out of school. Logical? No. Thai. Yes.

According to my gf, the after 5.00 pm alcohol sale is to discourage thais from consuming it during the day, when they should be working.

I believe this was the reason for British licensing hours too.

I believe this was the reason for British licensing hours too.

Yes, when we had wars and industries to tend to.... :o