Jump to content

Koh Tao rape claim dismissed by Thai police, citing lack of evidence and no DNA


webfact

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, ZAKY said:

Too easy to blame, false evidence and false accusation need to be punished by law. She should be ban from thailand for the bad reputation she is spreading. 

agreed, but that would put the burden on thai police to prove she's lying through the teeth, that hold up in court,

so i think that is the reason they dropped out on ban

and toned it down to a 'not a single shred of evidence' for rape

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Classic Ray said:
20 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I have to say that if there isn't some kind of corroborating evidence, I don't see how a case could proceed, even though I tend to believe her; how could you toss someone in jail for several years based solely on what one person says?. There needs to be more evidence than what we have seen to do that.

 

That said, nothing changes for me and my two questions;

 

  1. Do you believe that the police on Koh Tao were seeking justice for the complainant or were they seeking to protect Koh Tao's tourism industry? I believe the former.
  2. Would you allow your wife/daughter/sister/female friend/loved ones to stay on that island? No, not a chance in hell.

 

Simply put, there have been too many unexplained incidences over the last few years to permit me to feel comfortable telling anyone to go there. And, if I can't honestly say to people "Go", then I say "Don't go!".

 

Until the police can provide security guarantees to a reasonable level, I will say to one and all, "Boycott!" until they do; the onus is on them...

 

 

 

I think you mean “the latter”, not “the former”.

 

 

moved to "english 101 forum"

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

So maybe they should say it did happen when it didn't happen so those that say that they would never admit that it did happen if it did happen will be happy they said it did happen when it really didn't happen 

I confess , where do I sign !! too much happening in your comment !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, they noted that a man's DNA was on the T-shirt; so how do they know this was not the DNA of the attacker?  How is the theft investigation going?  If this were seriously investigated, perhaps they could locate the rapist.  Policing 101 everywhere else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, evadgib said:

Policing in this country is a big joke.

Yes, those at the top are to busy awarding themselves fancy ranks, polishing medals and adding

ribbons to their nice uniforms. That's why Big Joke is a Big Joke.

Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, ReMarKable said:

Well, they noted that a man's DNA was on the T-shirt; so how do they know this was not the DNA of the attacker?  How is the theft investigation going?  If this were seriously investigated, perhaps they could locate the rapist.  Policing 101 everywhere else.

it was stated in that statement that that man was not connected, either

Link to post
Share on other sites

She went to Thailand with her boyfriend but she did not go to the same island as he did with him on the night of the alleged incident instead she went with another male to the Full Moon Party on Koh Tao where she has claimed that she was drugged, robbed of her phone, her credit cards and 3000baht and she was raped. However it took her 9 days (July 4) to report this to police and it was not to the police on Koh Tao but to police on a different island.

Full Moon Party. Local police would be everywhere so why did she not tell a police officer that was on the street or even on the beach? Why did she wait 9 days to make the report? Why did she not go to a hospital and have an examination that would have had samples of the semen from her vagina?

This whole alleged claim is very suspicious as who would wait 9 days to report their phone, credit cards and cash were stolen to start with. If she was in love with her boyfriend then why did she not go with him instead of going with another male?

Too many things do not add up to a legitimate rape claim. There is nothing there that she can give the police to support her claim.

Court Case in any country in the world

Police prosecutor=Yes your honor she was raped but she did not report it for 9 days and she did not submit for a medical examination but she was raped and between the time of the alleged rape and the time of her reporting the incident she had consensual sex with her boyfriend.

Judge= get out of my court you idiots.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now it's fully the responsability of the UK government - or the family with a GoFundMe -  to warn it's citizens all over the british media and not only on some Government website (that nobody checks before travelling)........the Thai's did what they had to do, that is to preserve the reputation for tourist money and who knows, hide the truth.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Fact. There is very little evidence and the t-shirt was a very, very long shot even in the best of circumstances.

 

Chances are this young lady was assaulted and I would wager it was by an opportunistic, non-Thai, drunk, stoned, gap-year, backpacking piece of sh!t.

 

Stating 'lack of evidence' doesn't say it didn't happen and handily obviates the necessity of the former head of the Tourist police following up on his obnoxious threat to prosecute the victim for lying.

She was lying and there is evidence to prove it but like most pros they don’t show all there cards to the press or to anyone until they are needed

 

even with internet facts and stories doesn’t take a clever person to work out that something doesn’t make sense

 

1. She admitted to cheating on her boyfriend 

 

2. Her boyfriend had a fight with someone Forang at full moon

 

3. She went to koh tao to report it 

 

4. She carried on enjoying her holiday before she went home and told her story

 

if someone was raped I doubt they would carry in their holiday specially if they thought they were worried about their life

 

they would be ont he first plane out or at least report to British embassy 

 

she seened to casual around the alleged event 

 

but sticking to her story for maybe a 3rd reason 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of what did or didn't happen, I see a pattern emerging with the RTP so called investigations. They seem to be on the side of proving something didn't happen.

Our cops are usually trying to prove someone guilty of committing a crime.

 

In our so called civilised countries we have top flight state employed legal eagles who have the knowledge to decide if the state will proceed with a case based on evidence,

 

Should it proceed we then have a battle between the prosecution and defence council while the jury makes the call.

 

Not in Thailand it seems, just the intrepid RTP. Who of course should be listening to the pro bono advice from us here at Thai Visa.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BigC said:

She was lying and there is evidence to prove it but like most pros they don’t show all there cards to the press or to anyone until they are needed

 

even with internet facts and stories doesn’t take a clever person to work out that something doesn’t make sense

 

1. She admitted to cheating on her boyfriend 

 

2. Her boyfriend had a fight with someone Forang at full moon

 

3. She went to koh tao to report it 

 

4. She carried on enjoying her holiday before she went home and told her story

 

if someone was raped I doubt they would carry in their holiday specially if they thought they were worried about their life

 

they would be ont he first plane out or at least report to British embassy 

 

she seened to casual around the alleged event 

 

but sticking to her story for maybe a 3rd reason 

If there was evidence to prove it the police would likely have come out with it by now instead of flying all the way to London. 

 

Are the first two points confirmed? Definitely seems like something could be up given she broke up with her BF and was traveling around with the new guy. But I can't recall her admitting it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, BigC said:

She was lying and there is evidence ...

This is what watching way too many soapies on Thai TV does to one...

 

Not one fact: more blustering bitterness and superiority complex than a televangelist!

 

Do you get some personal satisfaction by 'making a stand' and sticking to it, even in the face of - uhm - reason and common sense?

 

How you can even begin to believe this stuff is sad. What 19 year old is going to come up with such a 'diabolical plan'? Either you hate youth, you sad old git - or you hate women.

 

Either way it is quite unbelievable you dare speak such filth about someone and something you know nothing of; nobody here knows if it happened or not - including you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Fact. There is very little evidence and the t-shirt was a very, very long shot even in the best of circumstances.

 

Chances are this young lady was assaulted and I would wager it was by an opportunistic, non-Thai, drunk, stoned, gap-year, backpacking piece of sh!t.

 

Stating 'lack of evidence' doesn't say it didn't happen and handily obviates the necessity of the former head of the Tourist police following up on his obnoxious threat to prosecute the victim for lying.

'I would wager it was by an opportunistic, non-Thai, drunk, stoned, gap-year, backpacking piece of sh!t.'

 

You have a wonderful grasp of the inobvious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ParadiseLost said:

This is what watching way too many soapies on Thai TV does to one...

 

Not one fact: more blustering bitterness and superiority complex than a televangelist!

 

Do you get some personal satisfaction by 'making a stand' and sticking to it, even in the face of - uhm - reason and common sense?

 

How you can even begin to believe this stuff is sad. What 19 year old is going to come up with such a 'diabolical plan'? Either you hate youth, you sad old git - or you hate women.

 

Either way it is quite unbelievable you dare speak such filth about someone and something you know nothing of; nobody here knows if it happened or not - including you!

You are the one who is not using commonsense and reasoning.

Seriously if your credit cards are stolen are you going to wait 9 days before you report it even to your bank to have the cards stopped. That is what commonsense would do. How has she lived without her credit cards for the 9 days. Remember commonsense. The reporting of those cards to her bank would be supporting evidence that something happened. But commonsense did not prevail so now the thief has been able to enjoy using her cards that probably still not been cancelled because she is probably still using them.

Why is it sad for believing it? The girl herself is the one who waited 9 days before she reported the theft and the rape. What do we believe the facts that the girl has described things or some bull story that has been made up.

Just remember it is the young girl who failed to report the incident for 9 days. It is the young girl who failed to report to her bank that her cards had been stolen so the bank could block them. It is the young girl who failed to go to a hospital and have a medical examination to support her claim of rape.

Where is your commonsense and reasoning.

Any police or prosecutor would be laughed out of any court in any country in the world with what this young lady has claimed without any evidence to support her story

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are thousands of crimes committed where there is insufficient evidence to convict, BUT the lack of evidence to convict certainly does not prove that the crime did not take place, as stated in the headline to the OP's article. 

 

If someone has clearly been murdered, for example, presumably the body is ample evidence of that but having insufficient evidence actually to CONVICT someone of the murder, obviously does not prove that a murder did not take place.  If the police actually did say that the lack of evidence proved that there was no rape, they are simply being their normal stupid and naive selves.  IN this case, of course there was no CCTV evidence available, as seems to be the norm when a certain result is required.

 

AS for the girl not being able to point out exactly where on the beach the rape took place, I can only say that she was in a foreign country, and allegedly drugged, so her lack of memory is not so surprising.  I have been on local beaches many times but I doubt I would be able to pinpoint the exact spot visited several weeks later, if at all.

 

This just seems like yet another investigation which proves exactly what the police wanted  and even reported right at the beginning when BIg Joke's amazing investigatory skills came to bear on the subject.

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, BigC said:

She was lying and there is evidence to prove it but like most pros they don’t show all there cards to the press or to anyone until they are needed

 

even with internet facts and stories doesn’t take a clever person to work out that something doesn’t make sense

 

1. She admitted to cheating on her boyfriend 

 

2. Her boyfriend had a fight with someone Forang at full moon

 

3. She went to koh tao to report it 

 

4. She carried on enjoying her holiday before she went home and told her story

 

if someone was raped I doubt they would carry in their holiday specially if they thought they were worried about their life

 

they would be ont he first plane out or at least report to British embassy 

 

she seened to casual around the alleged event 

 

but sticking to her story for maybe a 3rd reason 

Point number 1 - source, please. But of course you won’t provide one. You never do. 

 

Point number 2 - again, source, please. Please show us a source where it says the bf had a fight connected to him thinking she had been unfaithful. 

 

Point 3 - she went to Kho Tao to report what? 

 

Point 4 - Did she? You have any evidence she enjoyed anything after she alleged rape? 

 

Maybe you should write a book about how women should behave and what they should do after being raped. Advice for women on how to behave if they want people to believe it really happened. 

 

Step 1 - ignore your human emotions and weaknesses. Think logically and methodically about your next steps towards having your rapist successfully convicted. Anything less just screams “liar!”. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jrjrjr said:

And cops on KT do not kidnap teenagers who some some weed to get 50000 or more from them...

 

 

?? what are you on about? ..if the teenagers you mention had weed on them then youre confusing kidnapping with arresting..thats what normally happens in most countries!

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ReMarKable said:

Well, they noted that a man's DNA was on the T-shirt; so how do they know this was not the DNA of the attacker?  How is the theft investigation going?  If this were seriously investigated, perhaps they could locate the rapist.  Policing 101 everywhere else.

what do you suggest, re-call all males that were on the island on the night?

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

You are the one who is not using commonsense and reasoning.

...

Any police or prosecutor would be laughed out of any court in any country in the world with what this young lady has claimed without any evidence to support her story

Here is my common sense and reasoning.

 

I try to Ignore the hysterics from posters in the glee club, so hell-bent on 'proving' she is lying that they build straw men amongst themselves, quoting 'other sources' without pasting links, real names. No facts, just posturing for 'likes'. These people love victim blaming and are very selective in their hearing, or comprehension.

 

I also ignore conspiracy theorists, similar to the above but carry on as if they too, knew what had happened.

 

I do not take stand here, I believe she could have been molested and I believe there are many cases not reported mainly because of sad old men who make their lives miserable as they fantasize about what 'probably' happened, ignoring the trauma and humiliation the victim experiences.

 

Common sense tells me posters asking questions are more trustworthy than any shouting their version of the events when no-one on this planet knows what really happened - or did not happen.

 

If your ambition in life is to spend so much time trying to convince people your imagined sequence of events is more accurate than theirs ...you lead a sad existence.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ReMarKable said:

Well, they noted that a man's DNA was on the T-shirt; so how do they know this was not the DNA of the attacker?  How is the theft investigation going?  If this were seriously investigated, perhaps they could locate the rapist.  Policing 101 everywhere else.

How do you seriously investigate something like this when it was not reported for 9 days and there is no medical evidence of the rape because the girl did not go to a hospital for an examination, this makes it an impossible task for anyone

Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

There are thousands of crimes committed where there is insufficient evidence to convict, BUT the lack of evidence to convict certainly does not prove that the crime did not take place, as stated in the headline to the OP's article. 

 

If someone has clearly been murdered, for example, presumably the body is ample evidence of that but having insufficient evidence actually to CONVICT someone of the murder, obviously does not prove that a murder did not take place.  If the police actually did say that the lack of evidence proved that there was no rape, they are simply being their normal stupid and naive selves.  IN this case, of course there was no CCTV evidence available, as seems to be the norm when a certain result is required.

 

AS for the girl not being able to point out exactly where on the beach the rape took place, I can only say that she was in a foreign country, and allegedly drugged, so her lack of memory is not so surprising.  I have been on local beaches many times but I doubt I would be able to pinpoint the exact spot visited several weeks later, if at all.

 

This just seems like yet another investigation which proves exactly what the police wanted  and even reported right at the beginning when BIg Joke's amazing investigatory skills came to bear on the subject.

This is not only about the lack of evidence, this is about her reactions and actions after the alleged rape does not make sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

Here is my common sense and reasoning.

 

I try to Ignore the hysterics from posters in the glee club, so hell-bent on 'proving' she is lying that they build straw men amongst themselves, quoting 'other sources' without pasting links, real names. No facts, just posturing for 'likes'. These people love victim blaming and are very selective in their hearing, or comprehension.

 

I also ignore conspiracy theorists, similar to the above but carry on as if they too, knew what had happened.

 

I do not take stand here, I believe she could have been molested and I believe there are many cases not reported mainly because of sad old men who make their lives miserable as they fantasize about what 'probably' happened, ignoring the trauma and humiliation the victim experiences.

 

Common sense tells me posters asking questions are more trustworthy than any shouting their version of the events when no-one on this planet knows what really happened - or did not happen.

 

If your ambition in life is to spend so much time trying to convince people your imagined sequence of events is more accurate than theirs ...you lead a sad existence.

If you want to make personal attacks then please do so, openly

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

If you want to make personal attacks then please do so, openly

So you openly admit to being part of the 'glee club' then?

 

Why is it so important to you? The real truth is unknown, yet - you know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

You are the one who is not using commonsense and reasoning.

Seriously if your credit cards are stolen are you going to wait 9 days before you report it even to your bank to have the cards stopped. That is what commonsense would do. How has she lived without her credit cards for the 9 days. Remember commonsense. The reporting of those cards to her bank would be supporting evidence that something happened. But commonsense did not prevail so now the thief has been able to enjoy using her cards that probably still not been cancelled because she is probably still using them.

Why is it sad for believing it? The girl herself is the one who waited 9 days before she reported the theft and the rape. What do we believe the facts that the girl has described things or some bull story that has been made up.

Just remember it is the young girl who failed to report the incident for 9 days. It is the young girl who failed to report to her bank that her cards had been stolen so the bank could block them. It is the young girl who failed to go to a hospital and have a medical examination to support her claim of rape.

Where is your commonsense and reasoning.

Any police or prosecutor would be laughed out of any court in any country in the world with what this young lady has claimed without any evidence to support her story

When credit cards are stolen they are stolen to be used to either purchase goods or to extract money from the accounts. In that case where are her credit card statements? If her card has been used by an alleged thief it would show where the card has been used. What about her alleged missing phone, does it have a tracking app installed?

 

Her phone would have evidence of who she was with, photos, videos etc and her underwear probably having DNA evidence. But these have conveniently disappeared.  And what about her facebook account that I have no doubts she would have posted her day to day activities on there, as most young people do. Is that still active?

 

I still calling bull on this whole story.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you wait 9 days to report the drugging, the theft of your phone, credit cards, cash and the rape? Why did she not go to a hospital for a medical examination to be able to support her claim of rape? The medical examination would have been able to DNA the semen that was removed from her vagina. As for her credit cards. Did she report the theft of them to her bank? If yes, when did she report it? many things have not been answered by this girl who needs to answer a lot of these question to support her claim. This girl has made the task of investigation into this impossible because of the time lapse between the incident and the reporting of it. In 17 years of investigation and court appearances we used to hate these cases because it made them impossible to investigate properly and to find the evidence that was required for the courts.

No, ParadiseLost I am not a member of the "Glee Club" as you are falsely claiming without evidence.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Why would you wait 9 days to report the drugging, the theft of your phone, credit cards, cash and the rape? Why did she not go to a hospital for a medical examination to be able to support her claim of rape? The medical examination would have been able to DNA the semen that was removed from her vagina. As for her credit cards. Did she report the theft of them to her bank? If yes, when did she report it? many things have not been answered by this girl who needs to answer a lot of these question to support her claim. This girl has made the task of investigation into this impossible because of the time lapse between the incident and the reporting of it. In 17 years of investigation and court appearances we used to hate these cases because it made them impossible to investigate properly and to find the evidence that was required for the courts.

No, ParadiseLost I am not a member of the "Glee Club" as you are falsely claiming without evidence.

Still you carry on spewing your garbage!

 

Answer this:

 

The assault took place on June 25? You say it took 9 days to report this but here is a link to the KP police confirming the report was lodged on the 27th June, at the most 2 days later...

 

on June 27 (the original report says the report was made on June 26) a British tourist identified as 20 year old Isabel Victoria Bakter made a report with Koh Phangan police reporting

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...