Big Heads up for Travel Trolley online agents in uk

Chivas

Only for the 2nd time ever have I needed to change flights outbound prior to departure. Considering I've took off for Thailand some 168 times not bad going

Always book with Travel Trolley online in the uk invariably they come up the cheapest off Skyscanner anyway always issue etickets within hours never ever come back and say price has expired etc etc or certainly never with me

Needed to change dates yesterday as opposed to this wednesday so very short notice to say the least.... Whilst previously changing dates for a fee on Etihad on that occasion date changes were permissable. As it was it was £275 at the time different "class" in economy as well fair enough etc

This one on Oman no changes permitted period on this ticket class

Full appreciate thats the ticket conditions. Guy said to me we can see what we can do after he had referenced my booking history. I know the inbound is automatically cancelled if you dont make the outbound so wasnt an option to get one way ticket out

Fully expected full ticket price again but he came back and said we can change for £285 to which I'm thinking in line with the previous one on Etihad. Making the point politely of multiple booking previously I asked if any margin for a discount to which he disappeared off for 10 minutes with me on hold (probably dealing with another customer lol) at which came back and said £25 off so £260 net

Emailed me schedule to which I had to email back acknowledging change and 10 minutes later new eticket

Really rate these guys because they do get stick on forums on occasions and just shows even tickets with NO permitted changes is not set in stone !!

Once again 10/10

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

168 outgoing flights. Now that's got to be a record. Is that 1 way not including coming back? That's 984000 miles based on UK to thailand 168 times.

Good going.

No thats 168 out and 168 back all from uk not short hops from HK etc

Nowhere near any records but I used to get ID90 discount tickets in the 1990's as brother worked for BA but the real stars were the BA  baggage handlers that used to do literally 20-25 trips a year flying in and out at the weekends.

They were right characters loading up on shirts watches computer games etc etc proably still at it lol

Edited by Chivas

Just now, Chivas said:

No thats 168 out and 168 back all from uk not short hops from HK etc

Nowhere near any records but I used to get ID90 discount tickets in the 1990's as brother worked for BA but the real stars were the BA  baggage handlers that used to do literally 20-25 trips a year flying in and out at the weekends.

They were right characters loading up on shirts watches computer games etc etc proably still at it lol

Ba baggage handlers fly to destinations? I thought baggage handlers were ground based only. Seems a bit OTT moving baggage handlers. You mean steward stuff?

41 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Ba baggage handlers fly to destinations? I thought baggage handlers were ground based only. Seems a bit OTT moving baggage handlers. You mean steward stuff?

lol no the baggage handlers at heathrow many who were attached to BA (but not all) in their own time off catch flights using staff discounts to multi destinations

It just so happened that Bangkok was very desirable as regards buying stuff to resell

Its not so good these days because the Bangkok flight terminates in Bangkok rather than Sydney etc etc. As such they switched the aircraft to 777's. Used to be able to use Qantas on same tickets as well as I did.

Qantas was always better option to Bangkok I used to use the lunchtime flight out of T3 back then

• Haha 1