Uk Lady Wanting Quick Divoce From Thai Hubby

mearkat75

hi im a uk girly,been married to a tit ofa thai for 2 years[havent seen him for 14 months!] well i now have a 6 week old daughter with my partner and to be able to stay here i need to be married to him,have found the useless husband and now need to get divorced[immigration have given me 2 months] anyone know how to do? i was married in the north but now live in bangkok and cannot be travellin cos of my daughter!

also what papers do we need to give when applying for marriage visa[never did it before with 1st hubby]

thankyou

hi im a uk girly,been married to a tit ofa thai for 2 years[havent seen him for 14 months!] well i now have a 6 week old daughter with my partner and to be able to stay here i need to be married to him,have found the useless husband and now need to get divorced[immigration have given me 2 months] anyone know how to do? i was married in the north but now live in bangkok and cannot be travellin cos of my daughter!

also what papers do we need to give when applying for marriage visa[never did it before with 1st hubby]

thankyou

Before we can advise you we would need further information. For example. Did you get married to hubby no 1 in Thailand or back home? Did you go to the Amphur and register the wedding? Was your wedding registered back home?

** IF ** you got married in thailand and registered it in the Amphur then you need to take both copies of your marriage certificate along with your first husband to the Amphur and providing that both of you are in absolute agreement about the divorce and that no-one is making any disputed claims for 50% ownership of assets or money then it should take no more than 15 minutes. If you didn't register it at the amphur but just did the village ceremony then you were not married 'legally'.

I'd suggest you get some legal advice, I use Tilleke and Gibbins for all my legal stuff.

Issues additional to the mechanics of divorce are:

Getting full custody for your child.

Getting citizenship and passports for your child

Getting perental permission to travel for your child (Do not assume you have this).

I'd sort all these 'Child related things out' now before you loose total contact with the father. Doing so years down the line might be extremely difficult.

I'd suggest you get some legal advice, I use Tilleke and Gibbins for all my legal stuff.

Issues additional to the mechanics of divorce are:

Getting full custody for your child.

Getting citizenship and passports for your child

Getting perental permission to travel for your child (Do not assume you have this).

I'd sort all these 'Child related things out' now before you loose total contact with the father. Doing so years down the line might be extremely difficult.

Guest House,

I think the child is fathered by current partner, not husband. Not very easy to have a 6 week old child by someone you haven't seen for 14 months... :o

If you are both happy to divorce then take your id documents (him id card, you passport), marriage certs & go to any Amphur & they should be able to do it. You both have to go though to state that you are both happy with the divorce & no splitting of property/financial payment is expected.

• 2 weeks later...