NACC executive admits pulling gun on Bangkok cabbie

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Piset said he stopped to confront the taxi driver and pulled out his gun for self-protection, but had no intention of firing it. When the taxi driver saw the gun, he waved to show he had no problem and turned the taxi around. So Piset got on with his errand, the executive wrote in his letter.

Every single 'average' person in Thailand would have been arrested and jailed on weapons charges, although a puuyai like this would be granted immediate bail. 
However, you're a puuyai government official?  Oh my, it's a 15 day investigation. 
This two-tiered justice system for the connected is the definition of "Corruption" -- and this 'official' is the head of an anti-corruption agency.  <head-shake>

Then you wonder why so many of us watching travesties like this are so cynical about all things dealing with the Thai systems of governance. 

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Well, he will certainly go to jail for this. 

I doubt that any charges will be filed, and if possibly, this will be shoved down the memory hole as quickly as possibly - and of course all officials will testify that the gun was only a 'toy'. 

The problem with most governments around the world is corruption is so endemic at the top that it's impossible for the authorities to clean up the poop out of their own back yard. 
This will be no different.  One set of laws for the 'little people', another different set for the elite and connected. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

NACC secretary-general Worawit Sookboon confirmed that the gun-wielding man was Piset, but insisted this was a personal matter and had nothing to do with his official position or duties.

Thanks for the insight we know it applies112c84d8-14e2-46e5-9e3f-7915165d5daa_zps  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

THE NATIONAL Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has given a fact-finding committee 15 days to determine why its assistant secretary-general Piset Nakhaphan pulled a gun on a taxi driver ...'

A fact-finding committee? They can't just pull the a__ehole in and ask him? 

• Haha 1

Whats the update on that other case where someone high up in the health ministry was filmed running over a security guard, pissed as a newt leaving him for dead, i think he even reversed back over him again to be doubly sure.

Has the investigation into that video been completed yet?

48 minutes ago, hawksway said:

In the developed World this guy would be facing serious jail time. Just another example of widespread serious mental health issues in the Region.

In the developed world this guy could be dead the moment he drew his gun, considering this is a government facility.

"Piset has acknowledged the charges of carrying a firearm in public without a sound reason, and threatening another person with a gun."

Shucks, he was only practicing his quick draw and the taxi just happened to pull up in front of him. ????

Edited by MaxYakov

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Probably find the gun was just a toy

Does that make any difference? ( I don´t know much about law) Is a bank-hold up with a toy gun different? Does the threatend one know it´s a toy?

Just came to my mind:

When a toy boy is robbing a toy store with a toy gun, fleeing the scene with the just stolen toy car is it a crime or just toying?

5 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Whats the update on that other case where someone high up in the health ministry was filmed running over a security guard, pissed as a newt leaving him for dead, i think he even reversed back over him again to be doubly sure.

Has the investigation into that video been completed yet?

Security Guard was the dead friend who lent the latest <deleted> the gun, I was told, Ref Fintan????

From what the video shows the NACC secretary-general is making up stories at no point did the Taxi stop

and was driving slowly due to the traffic calming cones in the road. The Honda just cut the taxi up on the inside 

at a dangerous junction and should be penalised for that. I believe the Taxi may have sounded his horn but

the Taxi does not appear to make any threatening manoeuvre. The video shows the Black Honda pulling away

the Taxi only closes the distance after the Honda slows and stops. Therefore pulling the gun was not called for

the  NACC secretary-general was just flexing his muscles so to speak trying to intimidate the taxi driver.

On 10/18/2018 at 7:02 AM, yellowboat said:

Those who are given the publics trust must act accordingly when in public.  Their actions in public reflect how they server the public.  The man child needs to locked up.  

Dreadul behaviour . He shot past on the near side of the taxi. But to point a firearm at a taxi driver is criminal and he should be jialed as he will no doubt shoot next time his ego is threatened

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Starship Trooper said:

Dreadul behaviour . He shot past on the near side of the taxi. But to point a firearm at a taxi driver is criminal and he should be jialed as he will no doubt shoot next time his ego is threatened

If he doesn't  fall over it first!!

3 hours ago, andygrr said:

From what the video shows the NACC secretary-general is making up stories at no point did the Taxi stop

and was driving slowly due to the traffic calming cones in the road. The Honda just cut the taxi up on the inside 

at a dangerous junction and should be penalised for that. I believe the Taxi may have sounded his horn but

the Taxi does not appear to make any threatening manoeuvre. The video shows the Black Honda pulling away

the Taxi only closes the distance after the Honda slows and stops. Therefore pulling the gun was not called for

the  NACC secretary-general was just flexing his muscles so to speak trying to intimidate the taxi driver.

The biggest crime you can commit in Thailand is showing any form of disrespect to the elite. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2018 at 5:07 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

Well, he will certainly go to jail for this. 

A member of the NACC executive will definitely, 100% for sure, absolutely, have the proverbial book thrown at him!!!

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Sorry! Sometimes I write the most ridiculous things...

(sarcasm alert)

Which he will duck so no problem there !!

• 3 weeks later...