Extending a 70-day business eVisa

NanLaew

Has anyone explored what's needed to extend a 70-day stay on a single entry business eVisa?

The eVisa letter states, "With relevant Ministry recommendation letter, you may extend your Business Visa."

I have two projects starting simultaneously 700 km apart so the option to extend may be easier. If anyone has done or knows of someone who has done an in-country extension and if there's any cap on how many days it can be extended, that would be handy to know. Also if it affects any subsequent online eVisa applications for future trips. I don't think getting a ministry letter will be a big deal, just need to know if it is all worth it.

Thanks!

NL

Such helpful comments here - NOT!

NanLaew, a couple of years ago I extended a 70-day business visa in-country.  But my passport was sent from Mandalay to Yangon for most of that time and I was very concerned that I might not get it back!  I did get the extension, but to this day I'm not sure if that extension process was 100% 'kosher'.

Hopefully the process has been streamlined now - sorry that I do not have more up-to-date information.

On 10/20/2018 at 2:43 AM, meinphuket said:

Why is this Burma visa issue on Thai visa ?

Because... Forum Home > Regional Forums > Myanmar Forum > Myanmar Visas > Extending a 70-day business eVisa

Now, why are you even in the MYANMAR FORUM?

Or did you miss the relevance of all that and jumped to respond when it came up on your feed without realizing what forum you were in ?

On 10/20/2018 at 6:24 AM, bkk6060 said:

What don´t you understand about their simple policy?

You need to contact their immigration and explain your reason for the extension.

They will decide what you get.

Err, common sense....

Two days of radio silence and then two twunts come along at once.

Brilliant!

On 10/20/2018 at 7:05 AM, simon43 said:

Such helpful comments here - NOT!

NanLaew, a couple of years ago I extended a 70-day business visa in-country.  But my passport was sent from Mandalay to Yangon for most of that time and I was very concerned that I might not get it back!  I did get the extension, but to this day I'm not sure if that extension process was 100% 'kosher'.

Hopefully the process has been streamlined now - sorry that I do not have more up-to-date information.

I knew I could count on you!

I am working between projects in Bago and Sagaing and the Yangon office staff are busy with office relocations and training so doing a bit of my own research. It's nice to know what they're doing and even better if you didn't have to tell them how to do it, especially when up north where comms are very poor.

Do you recall how long you extended by? I probably need 21 days tops to finish up the first job. Then I will be back for a couple of regular mop-up trips before the 2019 monsoon.

Thanks!

NL

I extended by another 70 days.  I was in Mandalay at the time and my PP was sent to Yangon and then sort of disappeared for months.  I was getting frantic with worry, but it finally turned up with the correct extension stamp.

That was 2 years ago and I suspect that the extension process is actually a bit more efficient nowadays.  I haven't had to test this because I have a 12-month business visa, and only another 12 months to go before I can apply for PR which is normally granted and will give me a 5-year renewable visa ????

• 3 months later...
On 10/22/2018 at 6:51 PM, NanLaew said:

I knew I could count on you!

I am working between projects in Bago and Sagaing and the Yangon office staff are busy with office relocations and training so doing a bit of my own research. It's nice to know what they're doing and even better if you didn't have to tell them how to do it, especially when up north where comms are very poor.

Do you recall how long you extended by? I probably need 21 days tops to finish up the first job. Then I will be back for a couple of regular mop-up trips before the 2019 monsoon.

Thanks!

NL

Overstay is no drama, but has increased to 3 USD  from 2 USD per day payable in cash at Mandalay International. People where I work get 70 day business visa and stay 11 months!!

Archived