Madams, ex-cop handed another 183-309 years in Mae Hong Son child-prostitution case

snoop1130

Madams, ex-cop handed another 183-309 years in Mae Hong Son child-prostitution case

By Kesinee Taengkhieo 
The Nation

df4dfae297ec665aad74bdda09e17be8.jpeg

The Ratchadaphisek Criminal Court on Thursday increased the jail tariff for two “madams” and a former senior cop by 183 years and 309 years respectively, over charges linked to the “owl tattoo” prostitution racket in Mae Hong Son.

The trio were convicted over their roles in supplying a hotel in Tambon Jong Kham of Muang Mae Hong Son with sex workers aged 15 to 18, as well as some girls under 15, from 2012 to 2016.

The two madams, Piyawan Sukmak, 27, and Piyathas Parpthiensuwan, 31, were each sentenced to 183 years in jail, while former cop Senior Sgt-Major Yutthachai Thongchat, 43, received a 309-year jail term. Kalaya Wutthikhun, 41, got a 65-year term.

The first three were also ordered to each pay Bt850,000 in compensation to the victims, while Kalaya must pay Bt500,000 compensation. 

The sentences will be added to jail terms already handed down in the first case on April 18. 

The April ruling found eight defendants, including Piyawan, Piyathas, Yutthachai and Kalaya, guilty of human trafficking, underage prostitution and other charges, and sentenced them to jail terms ranging from eight to 320 years. They will actually serve no more than 50 years behind bars, the maximum penalty for their crimes.

Yutthachai had worked at the Nam Piang Din Police Station but was fired when the scandal broke last year. Eight other cops in the province were also dismissed after being implicated as customers of underage sex workers. 

The case came to light when the 43-year-old mother of one teenage victim filed a police complaint. 

Frustrated by a lack of progress after six months of investigation, she contacted media to expose the prostitution racket. 

Many state officials were subsequently implicated for purchasing sex services from minors. Many of the children reportedly had owl identification tattoos on their chests. 

Provincial Governor Suebsak Iamvijarn was transferred to an inactive post in Bangkok pending a probe result into the allegation. He was later cleared of any wrongdoing and reinstated. Police say one of five Nonthaburi politicians who allegedly bought sex from the girls had drunkenly claimed to be Suebsak.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30356720

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-18

Let's hope none of them live long enough to serve out

their sentences,and what about some of the officials

that were the Johns,i understand visiting Government

officials were offered the services of these young girls,

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

For some reason that is a popular tattoo that I have seen on several ladies here in Pattaya. I am not really sure if the girls ask for it or the tattoo artists talk them into it. Bizarre as far as I am concerned.

15 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

50 years seems fair enough, but what in all honesty is the point of dishing out 309 year sentences when the maximum is 50? Do they think the extra 259 years will impress people, or are they just trying to see who can come up with the most stupid number?

This is the american impact in thailand!!! ????
Never say again: "Thais don't want to learn from farangs!!!"

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, snowgard said:

This is the american impact in thailand!!! ????
Never say again: "Thais don't want to learn from farangs!!!"

In Thailand they do have 'reductions of sentence' for  various reasons (including the King granting reductions)............  Maybe (and I don't know for sure) but maybe that doesn't apply to the 50 year Max..........

I know a girl whose mom is in prison for 6+ years which was cut in half for herconfessing her quitt and after cut a few months here and there....... Probability is that she will serve 2+ years.......

50 years maybe cannot be cut.............. although the 320 years might have been subject to cutting........

21 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I can assure you if it were my daughter I would fight to the bitter end to save my child. You`re obviously not a parent.

What a crazy comment, it appears you have no idea about things here, making that comment.

For your information, i am a parent, have a daughter.

You are thinking like a farang, not a Thai.

37 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What a crazy comment, it appears you have no idea about things here, making that comment.

For your information, i am a parent, have a daughter.

You are thinking like a farang, not a Thai.

Rubbish.

So what you`re saying is; Farangs will nurture their children but Thais don`t care about the welfare and development of their kids.

Typical bigoted point of view. The worse part is, that you really believe this is the average Thai mindset. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cyberfarang said:

Rubbish.

So what you`re saying is; Farangs will nurture their children but Thais don`t care about the welfare and development of their kids.

Typical bigoted point of view. The worse part is, that you really believe this is the average Thai mindset. 

Maybe he meant that you were just thinking about how it effects you, rather than looking at the bigger picture ?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Rubbish.

No, he didn't say that this was the average Thai mindset.  However, these crimes had been going on for a number of years and only one mother reported them. Sadly, this was quite a lucrative business conducted over a long period of time and many obviously kept quiet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snowgard said:

They have the same system in the USA , that isnt what ................OK, Thailand copied the USA , USA is number 1 , the best . 

Happy now ?

6 minutes ago, Blue bruce said:

I also wondered why the judges give sentences over the maximum. In this case 309 years when the maximum is 50 years. 

Also how can they pay the fines of 850000 baht when they are in prison for life. ????

I did answer that on the previous page , post # 4 I believe

34 minutes ago, newatthis said:

No, he didn't say that this was the average Thai mindset.  However, these crimes had been going on for a number of years and only one mother reported them. Sadly, this was quite a lucrative business conducted over a long period of time and many obviously kept quiet.

He said quote: "You are thinking like a farang, not a Thai". So in which ways do you prefer to interpret that?

To solve this problem of under age sex workers, first it has to be established who and what are behind these under aged prostitution rackets. Where, how and from where are the gangs obtaining these kids and who their legal guardians are.

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

Rubbish.

Hello wake up, this case is in Mae Hong Son, what do you know about the ethnic people there?

Answer nothing, more than 80% are not Thai, many thousands without id cards, without citizenship.

They are scared sh++less of any official here, before you put your foot in it anymore, i am talking through experience of living there amongst these people.

The village (Non Kao Klang) we lived in the only Thai person there during our time there was my wife, all the villagers were Galliang, many could not speak Thai.

Edited by colinneil

39 minutes ago, sanemax said:

They have the same system in the USA , that isnt what ................OK, Thailand copied the USA , USA is number 1 , the best . 

Happy now ?

Hahaha ... !!! The USA is No. 1 ??? To spread in lies, to be stupid and megalomania. I agree with you 100%.

• Sad 1