Thai Passport For Half Thai Farang Kid

Hi Lakdee.

Congrats on that!

I'm not sure how much time you have left in Thailand, but the process for applying for a Thai passport is very fast, no more than 1 hour, so if both of you turn up, then it will be fast and painless. The passport can then be posted to an address you nominate. Perhaps a relative in Thailand, who then can send it to you via EMS or DHL in Switzerland.

You will not beleive me until you see it, but the Thai passport office is one of the most efficient organisations - in the world (even better than Switzerland!).

My wife and I went there to get our daughters passport, I am Thai but by wife is non-Thai. We took the birth certificate, tabieen baan, my ID and my wifes foreign passport and that was it. They do everything on site for you. If not this time, then next time...it will be be very easy.

Hi Samran,

Only my wife and my baby was in Thailand in this trip, I couldn't go with them. And they just returned to Swiss yesterday.

Thanks for information about making passport. We will make a try in the next trip.

Regards,

lakdee

Hi Lakdee.

Congrats on that!

I'm not sure how much time you have left in Thailand, but the process for applying for a Thai passport is very fast, no more than 1 hour, so if both of you turn up, then it will be fast and painless. The passport can then be posted to an address you nominate. Perhaps a relative in Thailand, who then can send it to you via EMS or DHL in Switzerland.

You will not beleive me until you see it, but the Thai passport office is one of the most efficient organisations - in the world (even better than Switzerland!).

My wife and I went there to get our daughters passport, I am Thai but by wife is non-Thai. We took the birth certificate, tabieen baan, my ID and my wifes foreign passport and that was it. They do everything on site for you. If not this time, then next time...it will be be very easy.