Pasturized Milk

FaFaHead

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

But someone said not enough commas,,,,,,,,!!!!

regards Worgeordie

Now that you mention it.  You do string all your sentences together by using a , instead of a . at the end of sentences. You also use a , where none is needed and there must be something wrong with your space bar.

On 10/23/2018 at 7:41 AM, BritManToo said:

I agree. (and ChokChai)

If you're in Chiang Mai, you can buy Raw milk from the dairy opposite the zoo 130bht for 5l in a plastic bag.

They recommend customers bring it to the point of almost boiling and then let it sit before refrigerating. We buy the 5l bags for making yogurt.

5 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

Now that you mention it.  You do string all your sentences together by using a , instead of a . at the end of sentences. You also use a , where none is needed and there must be something wrong with your space bar.

Or it might just be me.

regards worgeordie

On 10/23/2018 at 9:05 PM, BritManToo said:

100% milk doesn't define if it was reconstituted from powder.

100% orange juice is the same, often reconstituted from concentrate.

100% correct.  90% of chilled milk is made from Fonterra Nz supplied milk powders.  Some brands may include the miniscule volume of fresh Thai milk, suitably pasteurised before blending, and taste varies according to the water quality used to reconstitute.

9 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

Foremost tastes revolting. There’s no way I can believe it’s not reconstituted. Meiji tastes pretty much the same as homogenised milk in the UK and says 100% fresh milk on the label, not just 100% milk.

I tend to agree that Foremost taste chalky or powdery. Quite disgusting really but everyone has a different preference. Meiji is not 100% milk, it contains additives although in lieu of real milk I find it acceptable.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, Mark1066 said:
It’s the one in your picture.

Interesting. Shame the label doesn't state it clearly. Not as nice as Magnolia that's for sure

It says Foremost in Thai, in the blue ribbon bit that is inside the orange circle at the top of the label. I know other people have said it's fresh milk but it really doesn't taste like it to me. Neither does Dutch Mill. I've never tried Magnolia, don't think I've seen it anywhere either.

It says Foremost in Thai, in the blue ribbon bit that is inside the orange circle at the top of the label. I know other people have said it's fresh milk but it really doesn't taste like it to me. Neither does Dutch Mill. I've never tried Magnolia, don't think I've seen it anywhere either.
Magnolia is in Big C Extra, not Foodland

On 10/24/2018 at 7:29 PM, elektrified said:

They recommend customers bring it to the point of almost boiling and then let it sit before refrigerating. We buy the 5l bags for making yogurt.

That's an interesting recommendation, sounds like do-it-yourself pasteurization.

17 minutes ago, suzannegoh said:

That's an interesting recommendation, sounds like do-it-yourself pasteurization.

Raw milk is best for drinking and making cheese (old raw milk = cheese).

But to make yogurt you need a bacteria-free milk, then add your own starter bacteria, so easier to buy pasteurised (doesn't matter if it was real or from powder).

The last time I drank raw milk must have been about 44 years ago when I was a young boy on a farm holiday in Devon. Watched the farmer milk the cow then he dipped a cup in the bucket and gave it to me. I bet he’d have some health and safety jobsworth on his case if he did that now (he’s probably not alive now but that’s besides the point!).

Archived