Prisoners in Thailand to have smokes taken away within months

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, jrjrjr said:

Really ? they even test people for drug regularly ? Finally prisons in Europe might be more comfortable even if 80% of the people there are muslim !

At least in EU they all have drug and mobiles !

And what about beatings ? Do they happen to people who do not do anything wrong ?

You discouraged me from being jailed in Thailand ! ????

Have you seen this post ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/comments/8rjlrt/i_spent_a_year_in_a_bangkok_prison_ama/

Yes, really, Klong Prem regularly conducts drug tests.

No, the guards do not beat prisoners for no reason, guards at Klon Prem were all very friendly and chatty as long as the rules are obeyed.  Trying to smuggle cigarettes into the cells at lockup can be very uncomfortable for those caught, though, that's why it's a rare event.  It is also difficult to succeed at as every prisoner is thoroughly patted down wearing only shorts by the guards at lockup.

19 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, really, Klong Prem regularly conducts drug tests.

No, the guards do not beat prisoners for no reason, guards at Klon Prem were all very friendly and chatty as long as the rules are obeyed.  Trying to smuggle cigarettes into the cells at lockup can be very uncomfortable for those caught, though, that's why it's a rare event.  It is also difficult to succeed at as every prisoner is thoroughly patted down wearing only shorts by the guards at lockup.

Wow, its so crazy. So it's totally wrong to think that having a lot of money can help someone to live a better life in jail ?

Everybody knows how bad smoking is for health & longevity. While health is of concern of prisoners, longevity is determined by the length of sentence.

Banning smokes is cruel & unusual punishment. As usual a black market will fluorish. If tobacco is legal outside except in air conditioned venues, so should it be inside.

Are the guards expected to give up smoking, too?

On 10/23/2018 at 8:21 PM, happy chappie said:

It's good to get some inside info,glad you've put the record straight on a lot of members who "think" they know the ins and outs of what goes on behind those walls.

50 days,  I could do that standing on my head! 

Archived