Krabi crackdown nets 113 cases of illegal foreigners

webfact

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Is there an impending sense of xenophobia in the air? Has the biggest joke made it worse? Does he despise foreigners? Is there an equal effort being made to pursue Thai lawbreakers?

If you look at all the senseless closures of bars, discos, food stalls, street bars and restaurants in Sukhumvit i think that answers your question........

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, car720 said:

They have never really liked us getting first crack at the best women.  :cheesy:

If by best women you mean the women who can judge you monetary worth at a glance, then yes you are right.  No young or beautiful woman is going to fall in love with a farang just for their great personalities.

Rule number 1:  You are just an ATM machine for the Thai woman and her entire family.

Rule number 2:  She probably has a Thai boyfriend.

Rule number 3:  Refer to rule number 1.

????????????

4 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

If by best women you mean the women who can judge you monetary worth at a glance, then yes you are right.  No young or beautiful woman is going to fall in love with a farang just for their great personalities.

Rule number 1:  You are just an ATM machine for the Thai woman and her entire family.

????????????

Every thai lady is different, and you make it sound like you had one too many encounters with a bargirl. 

On 10/25/2018 at 10:48 AM, mlmcleod said:

????????????

Yeah, but as long as you stick by golden rule you're ok........ "If it flys, floats, or <deleted>........ Rent it.......

1 hour ago, jessebkk1 said:

You can continue to support this Xenophobic acts by the Thai Government, and I believe you are either three of one of these groups of people who feel they re never going to have to be under the hammer of this growing Xenophobia. You are either a luk kreung, a foreigner married to Thai but you live outside the country, one of the lucky who got a residence permit or you a retiree.

Here is what you need to understand foreigners are being used as scape goats in this political game currently ongoing in Thailand and being that most Thai's are closet Xenophobes they honestly don't have  problem with it.

And here is where the problem is for a person like you cheering on this Mania. If you are a luk kreung you already know that you never be considered Thai, and you never be able to run for a mere council office as politician not unless your other half is asian, if you're married to a Thai woman who raised in Thailand or by a Thai woman anywhere else then your marriage is only a marriage of comfort, and whatever children you bring fort will FOREVER be foreigners and disenfranchised in thailand, If you're a retiree - understand this you can't survive here without the younger lads and their businesses, Thailand would never be thesame without them and yes, once they start lacking foreigners other visa categories, they'll start harassing your old ass in the retiree dept, and if you are one of the lucky few who got the residence card, you still not considered Thai, you're not "Thai Thai", you can't get a car loan or a house loan, and when ever you stop bending over you will be reminded that you are just a foreigner with an ID.

now that is a rant!

I would like to have time and pick all the holes but it remind me of Swiss cheese actually

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Is there an impending sense of xenophobia in the air? Has the biggest joke made it worse? Does he despise foreigners? Is there an equal effort being made to pursue Thai lawbreakers?

Nah.. They put more police power into hunting down overstayers and people of color than to be bother with Murder, Rape done by Thais where a wai, a sorry and some money can negate all those minutes spent on the cases. By the way, when will the police and immigration go after the rich boy that murdered one if their own? 

I am I little concerned about the situation.

i know of someone that was arrested and deported for working and overstaying 

yes he broke the law he did have a work permit ( i not sure if expired or not ) but all that to one side he had 5 thai children to support and a thai wife 

i dont see people like this to be a “ bad Forang “ or any threat to Thailand but a victim to the system.

probably a heavy fine could have been sufficient and a strong warning but for all I know he already had that and continued to break the law

doesn’t change the fact there is now a mother alone with 5 children 

these visa runs for workers are killers

forangs have to declare tax on 50,000 baht per month 

then take a few days off every now and then for border runs 

there needs to be an even balance for people thag have thai families to support balanced and fare 

to separate the total piss takers from people that are braking bread to help the country by paying taxes and feeding thai family’s plus spending their money earnt back into the country 

3 hours ago, ksamuiguy said:

No they don't want us any more we served our purpose in the past.

Now we will see what ASIAN brings them, tourism is very good but benefits very few Thais, nothing trickles down to the people so no benefit to them. The tour companies and hotels keep the tourists "sequestered" with in-house activities, arranged tours and buffets they never get out, so never go to the shops to shop. Here in the Samui even the Cruse ships, everything is arranged in advance on the Ship, when the ship arrives a meriod of vans pick up the passengers and whisk them away never to be seen until the ship is ready to leave, all has been arranged for their stay on Samui. Obviously "trickle down" economy does not exist, so our local economies get no benefits from the tourism boom!

so our local economies get no benefits from the tourism boom!

No offence but...

In Tesco Lotus Lamai or Chaweng, I meet hundreds of tourists customers every time. 

In HomePro there are as many farangs and sometimes even more than Thais customers

On the roads, it's hundreds of farangs on rental motorcycles. 

Near my house there are two restaurants when I pass by about 7 or 8 PM, both are full every night, no Thai customers only farangs. 

If I go to a Family-Mart or a 7-Eleven most of the time there are 2/3 farangs in the store. 

I went four times to Bankok Hospital this month, it was full of people each morning, maybe 10% of Thais the rest was tourists

TrueMove Ais and other telephone company's shops are never void of farangs inquiring.

"But the local economies get no benefits from the tourism boom!"

OK... sorry, but we are in a kind of delirium! Maybe due to a personal disappointment? But certainly not based on reality :jap:

1 hour ago, jessebkk1 said:

You can continue to support this Xenophobic acts by the Thai Government, and I believe you are either three of one of these groups of people who feel they re never going to have to be under the hammer of this growing Xenophobia. You are either a luk kreung, a foreigner married to Thai but you live outside the country, one of the lucky who got a residence permit or you a retiree.

Here is what you need to understand foreigners are being used as scape goats in this political game currently ongoing in Thailand and being that most Thai's are closet Xenophobes they honestly don't have  problem with it.

And here is where the problem is for a person like you cheering on this Mania. If you are a luk kreung you already know that you never be considered Thai, and you never be able to run for a mere council office as politician not unless your other half is asian, if you're married to a Thai woman who raised in Thailand or by a Thai woman anywhere else then your marriage is only a marriage of comfort, and whatever children you bring fort will FOREVER be foreigners and disenfranchised in thailand, If you're a retiree - understand this you can't survive here without the younger lads and their businesses, Thailand would never be thesame without them and yes, once they start lacking foreigners other visa categories, they'll start harassing your old ass in the retiree dept, and if you are one of the lucky few who got the residence card, you still not considered Thai, you're not "Thai Thai", you can't get a car loan or a house loan, and when ever you stop bending over you will be reminded that you are just a foreigner with an ID.

Your post makes little sense. You say luk kreung  will never be considered real Thai and can't even run for a council office.  That half Thai children will forever be disenfranchised in Thailand.  luk kreung  may have been considered that many years ago but they have full Thai rights and privileges now. Many of the actors, singers, models  entertainers are luk kreung  . They can run for political office, buy land , serve in the military own businesses and don't need a work permit like a foreigner would.

You say us retirees can't survive without the younger lads and their business.  ???? Retiree means I don't work, I receive money every month from a pension, property rentals, stocks or shares/income from a business I own so where do I need younger  lads and their business to survive?  I am not Thai. do not care to be a Thai citizen or permanent resident but will stay here as long as I like andwill leave if things become difficult. 

1 hour ago, Iumentum said:

I see no relation between the difficulties foreigner got who decide to live here and big joke is cleaning up. Of course i am cheering for people who arent here legally being tossed out, because they are not supposed to be here and at the end of the day they have been a part of what with time has made it more and more complicated to be here legally. What you are doing is pilling unrelated issues upon each other.

If someone want to be here, do it right or face the consequences as simple as that. I myself want the same from people who migrate to my birth country.

I wish that many other western countries would actually start to clean out as well, but sadly enough, many places in Europe it is "Bad guy in, good guys out" where you can stay if you are criminal but tossing out kids.

My initial comment was an attempt to slight you for your lack of empathy, calling economic Migrants "cockroaches" and remind you of where you really stand in the eyes of the average local as is encouraged by their government/politicians.

I can see that you are either naive or new here, or maybe you really don't live here and you're paying an eye service to something that I believe is really going to be a huge problem for Thailand.

Allow me to enlighten you -

There is an ongoing crackdown on foreigners in Thailand right? however the term foreigner in Thailand does not accurately define foreigners being called foreigners in thailand. Why? because this country does NOT grant a permit to continue to live here regardless of how long you've been here. A lot of those people being paraded as criminal foreigners are people who might have been born here, raised here, married a local, have kids and grand kids who are thais, maintained their visas legally possibly for decades and now have 2 years or 2 months overstay. The Thai immigration is showing no mercy to any foreigner on overstay and treating them "all" like criminals.

If this really was a genuine attempt by the government to remove illegals from the country they would start by giving longer stays to those who have earned the right to stay here (I'm not talking about citizenship), just a permit to stay - like a 3 or 5 years visa, renewable visa. That would reduce putting good people and those who are already technically by all definition "Thai people" in jails.

Millions of Thais live outside this country, some in places you wouldn't even expect to find a foreigner, most of them have become respected/accepted residents and citizens in those place, and hundreds of thousands of Thais if not Millions are illegals in countries across the globe - and even they are not being subject to this type of humiliation.

The encouragement and practice of Xenophobia in Thailand is disturbingly worrisome, and this non stop crack down of foreigners and constant negative rhetoric about foreigners is something anybody who genuinely cares about Thailand should be worried about and possibly speaking out to people in places of power to tone it down or at least address the issue of foreigners who've been in the country decades. As we read all these news here on TV, it's also being translated and read in many other languages globally, this arrogance and lack of empathy towards foreigners could cause a lot of people to start looking away from Thailand. One of thailand's advantage globally is that it is considered a neutral country, this crap is killing that notion! It's very easy to destroy something like that, that has taken centuries to build, however building back that reputation after it's completely shattered is no child's play.

There's a lot of xenophobia that passes on unnoticed, but this taunting of foreigners will bring some of those back to the fore and make it obvious that thais are Xenophobic.

Fun Fact: Did you know that only Thai's are allowed to pray in certain tourist Buddhist Temples, not even an indian or nepali buddhist or a Laotian can pray there. They can all only stand and watch from a distance while the Thais walk in and pray. Imagine this anywhere else - any other religion.

I remember some years back reading in the news about Hugo Chavez and how him and the citizens who supported him were Xenophobic towards foreigners, they chanted and celebrated every time an announcement of a foreign company being closed - A double edge sword. We all know the end of that story. Have a good day!

Mentioning luk Kreung, my friend has two sons who were interested in joining the Thai Armed Forces. One explored becoming a Navy Officer. He was told by the recruiting office in no uncertain terms that wasn't possible because he wasn't really Thai. He could never expect to become more than a deck swabbie. He decided to not enlist.

2 hours ago, bri1guy said:

The Thai economy wants you to Come (stay only for short vacation) spend as much Money as you can & leave ..    

2 hours ago, bri1guy said:

The Thai economy wants you to Come (stay only for short vacation) spend as much Money as you can & leave ..    

You are right of course, but so does every bar, restaurant, hotel, shop, or any other business. In the UK we love tourists coming to see the sites, question is do we want them staying? 

3 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Your post makes little sense. You say luk kreung  will never be considered real Thai and can't even run for a council office.  That half Thai children will forever be disenfranchised in Thailand.  luk kreung  may have been considered that many years ago but they have full Thai rights and privileges now. Many of the actors, singers, models  entertainers are luk kreung  . They can run for political office, buy land , serve in the military own businesses and don't need a work permit like a foreigner would.

You say us retirees can't survive without the younger lads and their business.  ???? Retiree means I don't work, I receive money every month from a pension, property rentals, stocks or shares/income from a business I own so where do I need younger  lads and their business to survive?  I am not Thai. do not care to be a Thai citizen or permanent resident but will stay here as long as I like and will leave if things become difficult. 

First of all, I hope people who make policies do not read comments from people like you and confuse it for a voice of reason - Don't wait for things to get worse, just leave already and stop commenting on issues that you know that you genuinely don't care about.

Yes the luk kreungs are being used for what the populace believes they are meant for, actors, singers, tv ads, shower cream ads etc, that's exactly what I was saying, Stay Woke Old friend!

18 minutes ago, jessebkk1 said:

My initial comment was an attempt to slight you for your lack of empathy, calling economic Migrants "cockroaches" and remind you of where you really stand in the eyes of the average local as is encouraged by their government/politicians.

I can see that you are either naive or new here, or maybe you really don't live here and you're paying an eye service to something that I believe is really going to be a huge problem for Thailand.

Allow me to enlighten you -

There is an ongoing crackdown on foreigners in Thailand right? however the term foreigner in Thailand does not accurately define foreigners being called foreigners in thailand. Why? because this country does NOT grant a permit to continue to live here regardless of how long you've been here. A lot of those people being paraded as criminal foreigners are people who might have been born here, raised here, married a local, have kids and grand kids who are thais, maintained their visas legally possibly for decades and now have 2 years or 2 months overstay. The Thai immigration is showing no mercy to any foreigner on overstay and treating them "all" like criminals.

If this really was a genuine attempt by the government to remove illegals from the country they would start by giving longer stays to those who have earned the right to stay here (I'm not talking about citizenship), just a permit to stay - like a 3 or 5 years visa, renewable visa. That would reduce putting good people and those who are already technically by all definition "Thai people" in jails.

Millions of Thais live outside this country, some in places you wouldn't even expect to find a foreigner, most of them have become respected/accepted residents and citizens in those place, and hundreds of thousands of Thais if not Millions are illegals in countries across the globe - and even they are not being subject to this type of humiliation.

The encouragement and practice of Xenophobia in Thailand is disturbingly worrisome, and this non stop crack down of foreigners and constant negative rhetoric about foreigners is something anybody who genuinely cares about Thailand should be worried about and possibly speaking out to people in places of power to tone it down or at least address the issue of foreigners who've been in the country decades. As we read all these news here on TV, it's also being translated and read in many other languages globally, this arrogance and lack of empathy towards foreigners could cause a lot of people to start looking away from Thailand. One of thailand's advantage globally is that it is considered a neutral country, this crap is killing that notion! It's very easy to destroy something like that, that has taken centuries to build, however building back that reputation after it's completely shattered is no child's play.

There's a lot of xenophobia that passes on unnoticed, but this taunting of foreigners will bring some of those back to the fore and make it obvious that thais are Xenophobic.

Fun Fact: Did you know that only Thai's are allowed to pray in certain tourist Buddhist Temples, not even an indian or nepali buddhist or a Laotian can pray there. They can all only stand and watch from a distance while the Thais walk in and pray. Imagine this anywhere else - any other religion.

I remember some years back reading in the news about Hugo Chavez and how him and the citizens who supported him were Xenophobic towards foreigners, they chanted and celebrated every time an announcement of a foreign company being closed - A double edge sword. We all know the end of that story. Have a good day!

Where did i call economic immigrant cockroaches? Try to read my comment in context, because i actually refer to a lot of criminals who has been using Thailand as safehaven. That i might consider economic migrant roaches is another thing and totally off the rails. No matter what the reasons you come here for, you should do it the legal way or face the consequences.

Irrelevant how long i have been here and the true negativity is shown in your main comment that has a negative attitude towards this crackdown which is a very reasonable crackdown. So call me negative all you want, while i look at the things with positive eyes and appreciate them tossing out the trash.

If you dont like Thailand then move along, i bet that nobody has forced you to be here. While as i wrote then there is plenty of issues for foreigners who want to stay here long term, which of many should be fixed does not make this crackdown any less reasonable.

You have to keep one thing in mind, those who have been here exploiting things while it was still easy, are partly the reason why things has become more difficult for foreigners with time. 

If you even cared to read my first comment i even wrote "There dont have to be any xenophobia involved to wanting to clean up in the backyard (that being said doesnt mean there isnt any)." so at no point did i deny that it exist, what i do point out is trying to relate this crackdown to such thing is folly and IMO downright obnoxious and makes me wonder who the true xenophobes is here.

Again, Thailand has every right to clean out and prevent people to be here illegally and they should do so. Too many criminal scum has been hiding out here while taking part of terrible businesses such a human trafficking, wanted by other countries and so forth. If you have a problem with the whole "good guys in, bad guys out" i can only wonder which guy you truly are!?!

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It's popular with the masses and election time looms.

Not noticed similar headline grabbing actions, popular with the masses, as the Mid Terms loom?

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I guess, he despises them. He's working in counter flow to TOT. What they build up, he breaks down ... Well, let's correct this: he flushes the illegals out.

8 minutes ago, Iumentum said:

Where did i call economic immigrant cockroaches? Try to read my comment in context, because i actually refer to a lot of criminals who has been using Thailand as safehaven. That i might consider economic migrant roaches is another thing and totally off the rails. No matter what the reasons you come here for, you should do it the legal way or far the consequences.

Irrelevant how long i have been here and the true negativity is shown in your main comment that has a negative attitude towards this crackdown which is a very reasonable crackdown. So call me negative all you want, while i look at the things with positive eyes and appreciate them tossing out the trash.

If you dont like Thailand and move along, i bet that nobody has forced you to be here. While as i wrote then there is plenty of issues for foreigners who want to stay here long term, which of many should be fixed does not make this crackdown any less reasonable.

You have to keep one thing in mind, those who have been here exploiting things while it was still easy, are partly the reason why things has become more difficult for foreigners with time. 

If you even cared to read my first comment i even wrote "There dont have to be any xenophobia involved to wanting to clean up in the backyard (that being said doesnt mean there isnt any)." so at no point did i deny that it exist, what i do point out is trying to relate this crackdown to such thing is folly and IMO downright obnoxious and makes me wonder who the true xenophobes is here.

Again, Thailand has every right to clean out and prevent people to be here illegally and they should do so. Too many criminal scum has been hiding out here while taking part of terrible businesses such a human trafficking, wanted by other countries and so forth. If you have a problem with the whole "good guys in, bad guys out" i can only wonder which guy you truly are!?!

Mate you are full fledged man, you should allow yourself to think for yourself. just because something is legal does not mean it is right, it used to be illegal to say that the earth was round, slavery used to be legal, hitler legally under his nazi law tortured and killed millions of people etc.

I gave you some good reasons why the people who are being legally jailed shouldnt be. So many people are for a matter fate forever stuck and connected to thailand and I think it's those of us who's opinion should matter on these issues.

While you think Thailand has a right to treat anyone the way they like because it's their country, then thailand needs to stop running tv/radio/internet/magazine ads in other peoples country urging them to come visit/invest in thailand. Because while the majority of people will visit and leave as tourists for some very few, it could lead to a love affair with a local, which could bring forward a child or children, and then the foreigner sells everything they own and bring it over because so much appeared to all roses or because they were hopeful for their new family, becoming permanently stuck here. If thailand is going to be apathetic to foreigners maybe their should be a global warning to folks in the west about coming here just like it's done on a pack of cigarettes about smoking.

You really need to stop with the apathy as many family's lives are being ruined and big joke and his handlers are only trying to gain favor in the eyes of the large number of closet xenophobes in thailand - But at what cost to thailand?

6 minutes ago, jessebkk1 said:

Mate you are full fledged man, you should allow yourself to think for yourself. just because something is legal does not mean it is right, it used to be illegal to say that the earth was round, slavery used to be legal, hitler legally under his nazi law tortured and killed millions of people etc.

I gave you some good reasons why the people who are being legally jailed shouldnt be. So many people are for a matter fate forever stuck and connected to thailand and I think it's those of us who's opinion should matter on these issues.

While you think Thailand has a right to treat anyone the way they like because it's their country, then thailand needs to stop running tv/radio/internet/magazine ads in other peoples country urging them to come visit/invest in thailand. Because while the majority of people will visit and leave as tourists for some very few, it could lead to a love affair with a local, which could bring forward a child or children, and then the foreigner sells everything they own and bring it over because so much appeared to all roses or because they were hopeful for their new family, becoming permanently stuck here. If thailand is going to be apathetic to foreigners maybe their should be a global warning to folks in the west about coming here just like it's done on a pack of cigarettes about smoking.

You really need to stop with the apathy as many family's lives are being ruined and big joke and his handlers are only trying to gain favor in the eyes of the large number of closet xenophobes in thailand - But at what cost to thailand?

All you do is keep pilling unrelated issues upon each other. Go on with your rant and make it sound like you are throwing a tantrum because you dont get things the way you want them to be. Peoples lives are being ruined because people dont do things as they are ouch to be done. If you expected you could just move here and get an easy life then that is your mistake, Thailand still have every right to clean out which they should and IMO is way over due. I am very much aware of the difficulties that we as foreigner are facing when trying to live here, considering that i move here when i was 30, so no pension to rely on to give me my visa. But what i am also aware of is that those people who has been abusing the system is making things even more difficult for me staying here. People should stop feeling so damn entitled and work on making things possible the right way, because it can only be peoples own fault if they have ended up here and somewhat put them in a position where they feel obligated to remain illegally. 

Again, one of the reasons it has become so damn difficult to stay here, is because of scum who has exploited the slack that used to be.

2 hours ago, jessebkk1 said:

thanks for the lesson.  

Some people still don't get it. I'll make it crystal clear;

If you are living below the poverty line, do not have the job skills needed by Thailand, are a potential financial or medical burden to the country, have a criminal record or are considered non-essential to the best interests of Thailand; you are not welcome to stay past the time provided by a visitor's visa.

Qualified professionals, financially secure people, significant contributors to the national advancement and well being are  welcome to stay longer.

Thailand is not asking for anything  western countries do not request, and Thailand is much more liberal in its cutoff requirements.

To those who complain, get over it. If you are that much of a catch and so successful, you will succeed elsewhere and be happy you left. However, for the vast majority who are whinging, don't blame Thailand because you are impoverished, or unskilled, or uneducated, or are a loser. Look in the mirror, and talk to the person responsible.

4 minutes ago, Iumentum said:

All you do is keep pilling unrelated issues upon each other. Go on with your rant and make it sound like you are throwing a tantrum because you dont get things the way you want them to be. Peoples lives are being ruined because people dont do things as they are ouch to be done. If you expected you could just move here and get an easy life then that is your mistake, Thailand still have every right to clean out which they should and IMO is way over due. I am very much aware of the difficulties that we as foreigner are facing when trying to live here, considering that i move here when i was 30, so no pension to rely on to give me my visa. But what i am also aware of is that those people who has been abusing the system is making things even more difficult for me staying here. People should stop feeling so damn entitled and work on making things possible the right way, because it can only be peoples own fault if they have ended up here and somewhat put them in a position where they feel obligated to remain illegally. 

Again, one of the reasons it has become so damn difficult to stay here, is because of scum who has exploited the slack that used to be.

I appreciate you continuing to repeat that Thais and Thai police are incapable of telling ALL FOREIGNERS APART, IN ALL CATEGORIES, and treats this entire group of people with 1 single rule. If one does some thing bad, we will arrest and harass and refuse to see reasons or have empathy for another foreigner.

So you really believe this is the reason why they are cracking down on all foreigners...I keep asking myself why am responding this person? Goodluck Mate, I'm done responding. You win!

1 minute ago, jessebkk1 said:

I appreciate you continuing to repeat that Thais and Thai police are incapable of telling ALL FOREIGNERS APART, IN ALL CATEGORIES, and treats this entire group of people with 1 single rule. If one does some thing bad, we will arrest and harass and refuse to see reasons or have empathy for another foreigner.

So you really believe this is the reason why they are cracking down on all foreigners...I keep asking myself why am responding this person? Goodluck Mate, I'm done responding. You win!

Oh sorry, i guess i misunderstood this whole crackdown and thought they ONLY tossed out the people who doesnt have proper visa.... my mistake /s

10 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

If you are living below the poverty line, do not have the job skills needed by Thailand, are a potential financial or medical burden to the country, have a criminal record or are considered non-essential to the best interests of Thailand; you are not welcome to stay past the time provided by a visitor's visa.

Thailand is not asking for anything  western countries do not request, and Thailand is much more liberal in its cutoff requirements.

This is a Lie. Most western countries issue residence permits or longer visas to folks who have stayed in their country legally after 10 years, Thailand doesn't, Most western countries are sypathetic to asylum seekers/economic migrants and grant them stay, thailand isnt.

There are millions of Thais working abroad legally and illegally, if it becomes known/accepted everywhere that Thailand and Thais are not sympathetic to long term foreigners in their country then Thai's who live abroad could be given the same treatment and booted out, or locals elsewhere could start refusing to have business dealings with thailand. I hope you understand that would not mean well for this country or anyone else living here. And that should actually give anyone who permanently resides here a reason to pause.

for isaan michael.........your confused emoji means that you do not know sarcasm ,  

unless i am confused and you are agreeing with the OP. which i don't think you do since you

like lumentums post.   

i just didn't have the inclination to try to answer the ops rant.   easy to see he will not be swayed.

39 minutes ago, jessebkk1 said:
1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

good try gtk........... think you could have added this to the OP :   I can explain it to you, but i cannot understand it for you.      ????       

3 hours ago, jessebkk1 said:

I can see that you are either naive or new here,

A lot of those people being paraded as criminal foreigners are people who might have been born here, raised here, married a local, 

The encouragement and practice of Xenophobia in Thailand is disturbingly worrisome, and this non stop crack down of foreigners and constant negative rhetoric about foreigners is something anybody who genuinely cares about Thailand should be worried about and possibly speaking out to people in places of power to tone it down or at least address the issue of foreigners who've been in the country decades. 

Naive or new?, says the guy with ten posts to his name, half of them in this thread.......

Did n’t you read the story, it’s about illegals on Phi Phi and other tourist areas around Krabi. If you have ever been to Koh Phi Phi you would surely have seen many, many people working illegally there, you would have to be blind not to see them in the bars and guest houses. How many of these backpackers would have been born here, raised here or married a local as you claim ? None, zero, zilch.....

If so many people were not breaking the law there would be no need of these “non stop crackdowns”. Immigration police doing their job is not xenophobia, no matter what your paranoid fears might tell you.

Archived