Krabi crackdown nets 113 cases of illegal foreigners

webfact

On 10/26/2018 at 8:05 AM, JimP said:

I wish "all Chinese would arrive at the airport, go directly to hotel, spend money and leave on time." In my condo complex, a separate 7-Eleven was built specifically for the hordes of Chinese tourists who flock to the hotel behind my building.  That was a Godsend.  However, many become expats and manage to rent or buy in my building.  So now when I swim, I see and hear them spit; they refuse to dry off before entering the elevator, leaving puddles and dirty footprints everywhere. My Thai wife says, "Never mind."  I wish they'd all go away.  

Better get used to it or be prepared to move .

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45989908  ----China creating 2 billionares every week

They will buy out everything. They go thru the malls with suitcases to carry everything they nuy. Even saw a mall with a sign saying this way to suitcase storage (station 21 Mall) They hold/store the suitcases when they are full untill the customers are ready to leave.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/28/2018 at 2:04 PM, Iumentum said:

You can object all you want, it wont make me care if people feel offended for calling criminals who are here illegally for invasive cockroaches. You can take that snowflake attitude and stick it where the sun doesnt shine for all i care. At any day i will weight facts way above feelings, so if the facts hurts the feeling then too bad, because they are invasive and if they are criminals i have no need to justify comparing them to roaches.

Vern?

On 10/25/2018 at 7:01 AM, Lungstib said:

I came here back in the 1980's to run an organised tour for a London company. Back then my work was legal. By 1995 my attempts to find out if my work was now illegal was met by a 'yes it is' from the Immigration and Employment Dept but still a 'no its O.K. you can do that job' from the TOT that took months to arrive. I started working in other S.E.Asian countries, it was clear that the offices that didn't like my work were the powerful ones. Today its quite obvious that the round-the-world travellers and backpackers that think its fun to stay here for a few months or years are breaking the rules. Lets face it, Thailand doesn't really want us farangs, we are superfluous to their requirements. 

Yes, totally true. I used to love Thailand, the "so called" Thai Smile was real, nowadays it's all about money. The don't like us but they love our money. 

7 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

Yes, totally true. I used to love Thailand, the "so called" Thai Smile was real, nowadays it's all about money. The don't like us but they love our money. 

It depends a lot on where in Thailand you are in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Just curious, where do Thais like us, but not for just our money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of places outside known turist areas. It does of course also variate from person to person, but there is plenty of places where you still have the authentic thai kindness where they are also willing to help without wanting anything in return.

On 10/25/2018 at 7:44 AM, ksamuiguy said:

No they don't want us any more we served our purpose in the past.

Now we will see what ASIAN brings them, tourism is very good but benefits very few Thais, nothing trickles down to the people so no benefit to them. The tour companies and hotels keep the tourists "sequestered" with in-house activities, arranged tours and buffets they never get out, so never go to the shops to shop. Here in the Samui even the Cruse ships, everything is arranged in advance on the Ship, when the ship arrives a meriod of vans pick up the passengers and whisk them away never to be seen until the ship is ready to leave, all has been arranged for their stay on Samui. Obviously "trickle down" economy does not exist, so our local economies get no benefits from the tourism boom!

Because you see this happen in Samui it is like that all over Thailand ? 
All other tour companies do the same style ?
Think about it ...

On 10/25/2018 at 8:26 AM, a977 said:

They might not want us, but they sure as hell need our money. How else will the police and politicians survive

Why do I not feel that THEY don't want us ?
Ohh, I am living in a village close to Chiang Mai, not in Pattaya, Phuket or Bkk.
I buy my food and grocery from these friendly locals at the next market.
Maybe that's the reason ?

Archived