Tv Users And Ip Addresses

gummy

Is any one able to advise for all TV forum contributors during a 24 hour period, as to which IP addresses were based in Thailand compared with those outside the Kingdom please ?

What for? Besides, that's alot of ip's to track.

I'm also interested to know why, as a relative newbie, you request this private information.

This is an anonymous forum it's actually none of your business as to who is where.

If it's for personal interest, start a poll, then if we want to say where we are, we will :o

Is any one able to advise for all TV forum contributors during a 24 hour period, as to which IP addresses were based in Thailand compared with those outside the Kingdom please ?

What for? Besides, that's alot of ip's to track.

In a former life I was a statistical Anaylst so hence weird numbers still interest me. There are many companies now that do not allow you to take feed for particular video/audio programs over the net unless your IP is located within that broadcasters country. This is due to copyright and other legal issues apparently. They get over this with some sort of wiz software that automaticaly detects IP addresses. I have been advised that for statistical purposes, and future business and license planning, these statistics can automatically be generated by the software.

Therefore my request was based upon this. Obviously I am not asking for anything special, but just enquiring if this info is available. The obvious advantage in this type of data is that specific advertising or information may then be targeted to specific segments, hence my interest in these statistics.

Edited by gummy

The obvious advantage in this type of data is that specific advertising or information may then be targeted to specific segments, hence my interest in these statistics.

I'm sure the stats are there, and available for a price.

I spend an inordinate amount of my time finding ways to block 'targeted' advertising which often seems to use the scatter-gun technique.

If I watch commercial TV I know I'll get commercials, I tolerate them. On the net, banner ads I can handle, in-line and other annoyances such as pop-ups, no thanks.

Maybe this info could be useful for you:

http://www.big-boards.com/board/1574/

It's not 100% accurate, but gives you an idea.

Cheers

Man you can sure tell when the coup was by that huge spike.

I think if you look around a bit Gummy, you'll see that the posters tend to be from Thailand in a greater percentage than the visitors, many of whom are doing research before a holiday, or retirement.

Thanks for some of your guys help. As the Thaivisa.com sells its ad space I presume it is operating on a commercial basis rather than a registered charity, correct me if I am wrong. Although not my interest but just as a hint it could well be able to maximise its revenue by utilisation of these statistics.

I occasionally check in on the Big Board stats for TV and a few other websites. A few months ago the % of folks from Thailand was closer to 18%, and the USA number closer to 22% (the only two figures I am tracking), so there has been a marked increase in Thailand-based visitors. The Australian number is pretty surprising.