Good car insurance company in Pattaya

bert bloggs

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Best to go through a broker like AA. I use AXA, no problems so far but then i haven't made any claims.

Thanks ,just looking at Rabbit finance on Thai visa , but to be honest , just lost ,on their website , ,i used Viriyha for years , but they wont insure the wife,s car for ist class as its now 12 years old ,bur a really nice car .

Thanks for all the help ,the two best quotes i got were from Gluaygluay,and Macallan,both for Axa , as gluay is in BKK i doubt i will use them ,although the girl was very helpful, i als tried Rabbitt,who were the one wh advertize on  Thaivisa, well as your quotes were about two and a half times higher than anyone else ,i think i will give them a miss .

but thanks to all of you that replied

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Henryford said:

I got a quote from Roojai.com, the new on line insurance company. It is half of what i pay to AXA !! Maybe good news but i don't see how they can sell insurance so cheap. What's the catch?

It's usually a somchai in a bamboo hut with chicken wire and bondo doing the repairs for the cheapo insurances. We got Ayutthaya 1st on a 13y old car but had it for almost 10 years now, I doubt they'd let new customers insure a car that old. They use a decent garage (well as decent as they can get around here).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 11:04 AM, Henryford said:

I got a quote from Roojai.com, the new on line insurance company. It is half of what i pay to AXA !! Maybe good news but i don't see how they can sell insurance so cheap. What's the catch?

Hi Henry, that's because contrary to most of the market, we segment not only based on the car, but also on the driver. That's why we ask more questions. If your price is very competitive, it means we consider you a good driver. The default plan is with excess but you can customize type/excess/driver plan/garage plan based on your needs.

Feel free to call our hotline at 02 582 8866 if you want to speak to one of our agents.

On 10/30/2018 at 9:21 PM, DrTuner said:

It's usually a somchai in a bamboo hut with chicken wire and bondo doing the repairs for the cheapo insurances. We got Ayutthaya 1st on a 13y old car but had it for almost 10 years now, I doubt they'd let new customers insure a car that old. They use a decent garage (well as decent as they can get around here).

Hi Dr. Tuner,

Your concern is understandable. We are a legitimate company, with more than 130 employees, underwritten by Krungthai Panich for motorcar and LMG for motorbike (over 400cc), and we just finalized funding from IFC, World Bank group. Here is the news. We have been in the market since 2016, and use technology and segmentation to reduce costs and transfer those savings to our customers by reducing price.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/news/1560574/ifc-invests-7m-in-roojai

Best Regards,

Roojai.com team

The catch is when you come to make a claim. You get what you pay for!

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

The catch is when you come to make a claim. You get what you pay for!

Hi wgdanson,

We have over 30,000 active customers and 1,968 Claim Reviews with an average score of 4.2. Here is the link to our claim reviews (sorry, it's only in Thai at the moment).

https://www.roojai.com/en/claim-review/ 

Best Regards,

Roojai.com team

11 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Hi wgdanson,

We have over 30,000 active customers and 1,968 Claim Reviews with an average score of 4.2. Here is the link to our claim reviews (sorry, it's only in Thai at the moment).

https://www.roojai.com/en/claim-review/ 

Best Regards,

Roojai.com team

All the claim reviews are in THai. No good on this forum. And what's the 4.2 out of.....10?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roojai said:

Hi Henry, that's because contrary to most of the market, we segment not only based on the car, but also on the driver. That's why we ask more questions. If your price is very competitive, it means we consider you a good driver. The default plan is with excess but you can customize type/excess/driver plan/garage plan based on your needs.

Feel free to call our hotline at 02 582 8866 if you want to speak to one of our agents.

Hi Dr. Tuner,

Your concern is understandable. We are a legitimate company, with more than 130 employees, underwritten by Krungthai Panich for motorcar and LMG for motorbike (over 400cc), and we just finalized funding from IFC, World Bank group. Here is the news. We have been in the market since 2016, and use technology and segmentation to reduce costs and transfer those savings to our customers by reducing price.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/news/1560574/ifc-invests-7m-in-roojai

Best Regards,

Roojai.com team

I,m looking for a new insurance car insurance company early February as my current one Direct Asia does not cover drivers 70 years and up,even though I,ve had insurance with them for 4 years on 3 different cars been driving accident free for nearly 50 years but it counts for nothing....does Roojai insure people of my age?

11 minutes ago, petermik said:

I,m looking for a new insurance car insurance company early February as my current one Direct Asia does not cover drivers 70 years and up,even though I,ve had insurance with them for 4 years on 3 different cars been driving accident free for nearly 50 years but it counts for nothing....does Roojai insure people of my age?

AXA does, through McCallan.

• Like 1

I put my details through their online quote page and I got a result of about 5,500B, compared to about 9,500B with AXA.

I was impressed that they asked a lot of questions relating to how high a risk I am, and they allowed for the selection of options that would obviously be a lower risk. Brokers dont seem to generally ask these questions, and I had to ask them myself if some sort of discount was available.

I know I'm a good bet when it comes to insurance: one named driver only, voluntary high excess, dashcam, 50% no-claims bonus and 40+ years no-claim history. No dangerous driving penalties of any type (speeding etc.) for 30+years. No accidents for 40+ years. No own-fault accidents ever. Domestic travel usage only. Vehicle parked in a patrolled compound.
Presumably this is where the saving comes from? Either way, I'm quite tempted to switch.

9 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I put my details through their online quote page and I got a result of about 5,500B, compared to about 9,500B with AXA.

I was impressed that they asked a lot of questions relating to how high a risk I am, and they allowed for the selection of options that would obviously be a lower risk. Brokers dont seem to generally ask these questions, and I had to ask them myself if some sort of discount was available.

I know I'm a good bet when it comes to insurance: one named driver only, voluntary high excess, dashcam, 50% no-claims bonus and 40+ years no-claim history. No dangerous driving penalties of any type (speeding etc.) for 30+years. No accidents for 40+ years. No own-fault accidents ever. Domestic travel usage only. Vehicle parked in a patrolled compound.
Presumably this is where the saving comes from? Either way, I'm quite tempted to switch.

I just did a quote for comparison sake. On my Vigo 2012, I pay about Bht 13k thru McCallan with AXA. Roojai....Bht 10, 000. For the difference I personally would rather deal with Jack than somebody online 

7 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I just did a quote for comparison sake. On my Vigo 2012, I pay about Bht 13k thru McCallan with AXA. Roojai....Bht 10, 000. For the difference I personally would rather deal with Jack than somebody online 

Up to you of course but if no claims are made how do we know which is best or not....personally I have never in 40 odd years made a claim.....a lot of money down the drain just to comply with the law :whistling:

23 minutes ago, petermik said:

Up to you of course but if no claims are made how do we know which is best or not....personally I have never in 40 odd years made a claim.....a lot of money down the drain just to comply with the law :whistling:

Point taken, and I am the same claims wise. BUT there's always the first time. And of course, you could say Health Insurance is money down the drain if you are never ill.

Roojai looks interesting. My quote came in at over Bt2,000 cheaper than current policy with far better coverage. Will definitely consider when renewal time comes around next June.

Many thanks to the poster who suggested this as an option.

4 hours ago, Roojai said:

Hi Dr. Tuner,

I meant the contract garages used for the repairs. Got a list of them?

Edited by DrTuner
Typo

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

All the claim reviews are in THai. No good on this forum. And what's the 4.2 out of.....10?

Hi wgdanson, we launched our English website only this year so most of our customers are Thai. The rating is 4.2/5, as stated in our homepage.

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Dear petermik, May we ask you to send us a private message with your contact information for an agent to call you back?

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Dear KittenKong, May we ask you to send us a private message with your contact information for an agent to call you back?