Florida man charged in connection with 14 mail bombs sent to Trump critics

rooster59

52 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

His main motivation appeared to be antisemitism (obviously) the caravan is not a Trump issue it is an American issue. You make it sound like Trump created the caravan. The caravan of course is in motion because of the open borders movement and those who finance it.

"who finance it"?  News reports I've read indicate the people are getting by on their own meager personal finances and handouts from sympathetic locals.  Do you have information that shows otherwise?

Of course that won't keep people from speculating without evidence, and once the speculation is repeated enough times people will decide it most be true.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

because the EU has 508 million and no mail bombs

Seriously?  Why not just admit that you don't want to believe this guy is exactly what he appears to be; a deranged Trump supporter.  In the absence of evidence to the contrary, that's all you're doing.

BTW:  I assume that stricter gun control laws in the EU also results in the propellants used in bullets (commonly referred to as gun powder) being less readily available.  I don't know how these bombs were made, but I suspect they used black powder or some other propellant/explosive that is easily obtained in the US.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Seriously?  Why not just admit that you don't want to believe this guy is exactly what he appears to be; a deranged Trump supporter.  In the absence of evidence to the contrary, that's all you're doing.

BTW:  I assume that stricter gun control laws in the EU also results in the propellants used in bullets (commonly referred to as gun powder) being less readily available.  I don't know how these bombs were made, but I suspect they used black powder or some other propellant/explosive that is easily obtained in the US.

No argument that trump supporters are deranged:tongue:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

" It’s Trump’s persistent promotion of conspiracy theories about rampant voter fraud and the media making stuff up to damage him and Democrats welcoming Islamic terrorists into the country and a cabal of international jewry “globalists” trying to keep America down that can lead people like Sayoc to conclude that normal politics is a sucker’s game. And if you’re a bit unstable, and believe his claptrap, then you might just conclude that organizing and advocacy and voting are pointless, and maybe you just need to take matters into your own hands."

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/trump-clearly-incited-magabomber-not-way-people-think/

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pikao said:

Thats what I´m asking myself. Why would someone send bombs to people where he can be 100% sure that none would get to it´s addressee, before beeing examinated??...and the small clock?? Does US Post deliver at the exact minute....second?? Or is there an other reason for the setup of the bombs?? (I´m not an expert in explosives)

Just reminds me of a number of incidents seen in the last 17 years

Bomb making is a delicate job and it requires some experience and testing.   I doubt that this guy had the facilities to test his bombs.   That puts him in about the same category as someone who has never shot a gun, shooting at something from a distance.   There's a good chance he won't hit the target.

People with his psychological profile are not particularly good at accomplishing their goals.   

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

Good to see they are sharing the picture of the device. Now every nut job will be able to work out how to make one.

I doubt you could figure out how to make such a device looking at the picture above. If someone was actually interested, there's no shortage of better resources on the net, or even public libraries. Considering the nut job in question didn't actually manage to make much by way of an effective device, other nut jobs trying to copy his "design" from the picture above would be potentially less of a threat than if they'd look elsewhere.

• Like 2