Anti-military dictatorship rap song tops iTunes downloads in Thailand

rooster59

2 minutes ago, hobz said:

Coming elections doesn't matter to prayut. The 2016 referendum ensures he has veto power for the next 20 years or so.

Well, unless a civilian elected government is handed a mandate by the people to finally chain and muzzle the military once and for all and then change the constitution once again.  But I'm thinking that would be a pipe-dream at best. 
Speaking of pipe-dreams, a 'smart' junta would legalize marijuana as a 'stoned' populace is an apathetic populace and as such they could hold on to power for the next 100 years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hobz said:

Say what you want about rap. But this is the original concept of hip-hop. To send a message from the bottom to the top. From the opressed to the opressors. From the lower class to the upper class.

You're preaching to the choir my friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hobz said:

But this is the original concept of hip-hop. To send a message from the bottom to the top. From the opressed to the opressors. From the lower class to the upper class.

That part I salute. Although hip-hop these days is more about twerking oversized <deleted> at your face.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hobz said:

I wonder if the junta understands that if they arrest them that more people might protest.. can the junta manage the situation?

That's stretching it a bit too far. I doubt very much if even Jane Goodall can help them. Maybe arrange tea not political parties?

• Haha 1