Visa Agents Days Are Numbered?

EL159

7 minutes ago, JanPeder said:

Today my friend went to the bank for paper of financial requirements. 800 000 bath. He is worried that the officer will not accept his document because he go to early (4 days) to the bank. He will show up on tuesday. We cant find the rules for that?

Tuesday 13 date. 6.00. He will go to IO. Does he get a ticket at that time? And what time do the process start?

That depends on the office. There is no national rule. I've seen ranges from same day (which is onerous) to up to a week. State the office and if it's a big one, people can probably inform. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That depends on the office. There is no national rule. I've seen ranges from same day (which is onerous) to up to a week. State the office and if it's a big one, people can probably inform. 

Well, seeing as how this is posted on the Chiang Mai forum, he's probably asking about the CM office.  I've taken in bank letters that were a day old without a problem.  They may want the bankbook updated to show that the money hasn't been withdrawn since the bank letter was issued.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JanPeder said:

Today my friend went to the bank for paper of financial requirements. 800 000 bath. He is worried that the officer will not accept his document because he go to early (4 days) to the bank. He will show up on tuesday. We cant find the rules for that?

Tuesday 13 date. 6.00. He will go to IO. Does he get a ticket at that time? And what time do the process start?

As it is Chiangmai I suggest your friend goes to the bank on Monday and gets another letter, also wise to do a transaction on the account 100 baht in or out before the bank does the letter.

Under the current circumstances arriving at 6am it is likely he will get a ticket within 10-15 minutes for processing in the morning, not sure what time processing starts but may be around 7am, perhaps others can confirm?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, johnoko said:

Did my 90days yesterday. It took me more time crossing from the parking lot on the other side of the street. Than them processing my application. Huge improvement  

That's good to know.  

Can I ask you what time of day you went there?

Thanks. 

Why oh Why should Agents Days be numbered ?

I asked my agent and he told me No Problems for them, but I do think that folks who are not 100% legal, well there days are numbered especially as a friend tells me that the 800K for single folks, is going up to 1 Million.

john

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

I asked my agent and he told me No Problems for them, but I do think that folks who are not 100% legal, well there days are numbered especially as a friend tells me that the 800K for single folks, is going up to 1 Million.

john

it is unfair to say a friend tells you the 800K is going up for single people .

Where does your friends information come from on this point ?

The ones who you say are not 100% legal would be the ones that it would not effect , the alleged funds that are allegedly supplied would just increase by the extra required.

20 hours ago, johnoko said:

Did my 90days yesterday. It took me more time crossing from the parking lot on the other side of the street. Than them processing my application. Huge improvement  

After Big Jok came in, the service has improved tremendously.

We must give credit to Big Jok for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonwilly said:

john

If there are too many retirees coming to Thailand, the govt will raise the financial requirement in the future for legal retirees.

That's why it is important to weed out those fraudsters who make fake affidavits to their embassies. There is even one guy on the internet who encouraged people to be hush, hush about this loophole in the past.

Edited by EricTh

On 11/10/2018 at 4:18 PM, Thailand said:

As it is Chiangmai I suggest your friend goes to the bank on Monday and gets another letter, also wise to do a transaction on the account 100 baht in or out before the bank does the letter.

Under the current circumstances arriving at 6am it is likely he will get a ticket within 10-15 minutes for processing in the morning, not sure what time processing starts but may be around 7am, perhaps others can confirm?

I posted my experience in another thread. They start processing at 6 am, I could see the numbers being called and people going to the counter. The speed of processing is slower.

EricTh, that particular guy on YouTube(he is now called RetireJC) but in the beginning called himself RetireCheapAsia.  He has been around for almost 10 years and one time claimed one can live in Thailand for $500 per month.  He actually had three monthly budget categories for living in Thailand($500, $750 and he claimed for $1000 one can live like a “King”).  When I did not know much about living in Thailand I actually believed the message this guy was broadcasting.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
Grammar

Yes and No.  My experience is that if you have a good trusted agent who has great relationships with the immigration teams - then - whilst sometimes its busier than others - Still it will make the process easier, and if there are any small issues with your paperwork or information - a good agent will support you in the process.  I found the process to be very efficient with my agent ???? .

• Like 2

john

Your friend is a high ranking IO?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

EricTh, that particular guy on YouTube(he is now called RetireJC) but in the beginning called himself RetireCheapAsia.  He has been around for almost 10 years and one time claimed one can live in Thailand for $500 per month.  He actually had three monthly budget categories for living in Thailand($500, $750 and he claimed for $1000 one can live like a “King”).  When I did not know much about living in Thailand I actually believed the message this guy was broadcasting.  

Yes, you can live on those sums provided you have the minimum required sum for immigration to give you a visa in the first place. However, as mentioned in the video, most don't have the money so they made false declarations. 

Edited by EricTh

5 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

He does not live in Chiang Mai anymore he lives in the eastern part of Thailand

He makes his money from people subscribing to his Internet Blog site

We all find out how to do it by doing it ourselves

As most of do here now

I have seen many of his Youtube Videos

IMHO

On 11/17/2018 at 7:31 AM, jonwilly said:

john

This is interesting news about the 1 million baht in the bank

I guess only time will tell to see if it true or not

That is the question

34 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

This is interesting news about the 1 million baht in the bank

I guess only time will tell to see if it true or not

That is the question

Personally I'll be surprised if it's true. If they are going to raise the 800k I would except it to be by a far greater %, say to 1.5mil but fingers crossed they'll leave it be or in a worse case scenario push to the even 1 mil mentioned.

On 11/18/2018 at 12:14 PM, jonwilly said:

No names No Pack drill, but according to my source who I trust, a briefing has been held for those involved.

john

I'll bet you a case of whatever you chose says you're wrong?

• Haha 1

I have two friends that worry about the money. They have no money to put in an account. They have around 65 000 bath/month. So for the moment - no problem. So if they cant get extention 1 year because the harder rules about income letter they have to solve it another way. They always follow the law. 

Maybe go back home. But dont like the cold wheather in Scandinavia. I feel sorry for them because they take good care for their Thai family - very long time. 

On 11/18/2018 at 12:21 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

What I cannot understand is why Thailand’s average income per capita is around 110000 baht yet a foreigner has to show nearly 8 times that amount to live on in Thailand ?

Every country want a foreigner who is richer to stay in their country.

If every Tom, Dick and Harry can stay in Thailand, then Thailand would be swarmed with poor people from Africa, China and other poor countries all 6 billion of them.  

So now you see the problem?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Every country want a foreigner who is richer to stay in their country.

If every Tom, Dick and Harry can stay in Thailand, then Thailand would be swarmed with poor people from Africa, China and other poor countries all 6 billion of them.  

So now you see the problem?

Problem?  People with only six or seven times the annual income?

On 11/17/2018 at 8:48 AM, EricTh said:

If there are too many retirees coming to Thailand, the govt will raise the financial requirement in the future for legal retirees.

That's why it is important to weed out those fraudsters who make fake affidavits to their embassies. There is even one guy on the internet who encouraged people to be hush, hush about this loophole in the past.

I agree with you 100% Eric on this point, the thing is the loophole was so well known it was simply a matter of time before it was closed, far too many people spoke openly, even bragged about it on TVF. That's a big lesson going forward, it's not just expats and tourists who read sites such as Thaivisa Forum!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1