Three Thai men arrested after stabbing of Lebanese tourist in Pattaya

snoop1130

Three Thai men arrested after stabbing of Lebanese tourist in Pattaya

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUxMS83NTU5NjAyLzguanBn.jpg

Pattaya station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch announced the arrest of three Thai men following violence at the weekend in the area of Soi Bua Khao.

Mr El Wazzi from Lebanon was left with a three centimeter long, 10 mm deep cut to the left side of the ribs after an argument over the movement of a motor vehicle. 

Arrested and facing charges of committing dangerous assault were Tharapong, 43, Ek, 35, and Natthawut, 36. 

They admitted their involvement but said the Lebanese started it, reported Sanook on Tuesday.

Pol Col Apichai said such incidents damaged Thailand's tourism and were bad for Pattaya and were thus high priority.

He urged members of the public or tourists with disagreements to call his men to sort it out and not to take the law into their own hands.

Source: https://www.sanook.com/news/7559602/

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-30
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Mr El Wazzi from Lebanon was left with a three centimeter long, 10 mm deep cut to the left side of the ribs after an argument over the movement of a motor vehicle.

I have cut myself worse than that in the kitchen on occasions.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Pol Col Apichai said such incidents damaged Thailand's tourism and were bad for Pattaya

Yes a shocking image indeed. Who in Pattaya really cares about the Lebanese man. What focuses them is image loss to that putrid boghole called Pattaya. That is important. Money...money...money!

If he had been Chinese the Mayor would have given him a civic reception and a grovelling apology taken straight from the songbook of the PM.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

but said the Lebanese started it

Let me get this right. In their heads because someone starts an argument (valid or not) they had the right to pull a weapon and stab someone to settle said argument. Seems like a very rational argument to me... Oh and the fact that they were carrying some sort of weapon does not mean intent does it?

I dunno, in my book if you are carrying is because you have the intent to use. Thus the age old cliche, "possession is nine tenths of the law."

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mercman24 said:

yeah yeah yeah 3 against 1 the usual bullshit, and then they had to resort to using a knife, yellow bellied scum.

If you read the original news.  Witnesses said they struggled to over power him and this is why knife came out.

3 against 1 and they still could not win without a weapon.

Though I recall initially news said 2, not 3

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the Lebanese started it,

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

such incidents damaged Thailand's tourism

Cry me a river!  He started it - typical cowardly, bullying response.

Certainly worrying about the damage to tourism.  Already more tourists than they can reasonably care for - overwhelmed immigration booths at airports, etc.

The Farang just happened to be Lebanese. The Thai's didn't know or care where the falang came from; that is the problem as I see it. Most any non-thai could have been knifed by these three. Now other Thai's see their is no real punishment so have at a farang day is approaching.

2 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

The Farang just happened to be Lebanese. The Thai's didn't know or care where the falang came from; that is the problem as I see it. Most any non-thai could have been knifed by these three. Now other Thai's see their is no real punishment so have at a farang day is approaching.

Is that so ?

Thais are now going to go out on the streets and begin stabbing random ferangs .

I'm going to stay indoors for the foreseeable future , way to dangerous to go outside these days