Black or White? Thai Girls wake up!

user343434

I have always believed that much in the same way that Europeans strive for tans (because tans are a deeprooted and indirect symbol of money and wealth) that Thais do not want dark skin at any cost (as they are a symbol of low status / working outdoors/in the fields). It could be a load of sloblocks though I guess!?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, this topic has been bounced around before. It's the herd mentality - monkey see monkey do. All the soap operas, all the commercials, all the ads before seeing a movie, ALL the actors are of European/Asian mix. This gives them light skin, thin noses, etc. I admire and am attracted to any Thai girl who will get a natural tan.

It's just the way they're brainwashed. The robot has been programmed, what do you plan to do? ????

When i am in Europe or the states i see all these girls looking at least as dark as my feces in the morning, simply because there they're told: you're white. That's not good. Get dark. Over here they are dark so they are told: you're dark. That's not good. Get white. 

Business as usual. You will either buy tanning lotion or whitening cream. 

But only people with a malfunctioning brain fall for it. 

8 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

It's just the way they're brainwashed. The robot has been programmed, what do you plan to do? ????

When i am in Europe or the states i see all these girls looking at least as dark as my feces in the morning, simply because there they're told: you're white. That's not good. Get dark. Over here they are dark so they are told: you're dark. That's not good. Get white. 

Business as usual. You will either buy tanning lotion or whitening cream. 

But only people with a malfunctioning brain fall for it. 

One of the stupidest--and unhealthiest--thing that people can do is sit out in the sun for hours to get a tan.  They risk skin cancer, premature aging, etc., all in the name of vanity.  Trying to change their skin color.  Why do farangs do that?   

51 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

One of the stupidest--and unhealthiest--thing that people can do is sit out in the sun for hours to get a tan.  They risk skin cancer, premature aging, etc., all in the name of vanity.  Trying to change their skin color.  Why do farangs do that?   

Why indeed??

23 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

t's ironic in the sense that Thais are xenophobic and don't like white outsiders, but then try to emulate the physical appearance of - white outsiders.  That must lead to just a load of cognitive dissonance.

A salient point. I have always said the same thing to my ex-pat mates out here, and they have always agreed and commented that they have come to the same conclusion over time.

It must be very confusing for Thai people (women particularly) who witness a fair amount of xenophobic and bigoted behaviour from their peer group and family (if from bad stock) aimed at us 'farang' in particular, and while perhaps even holding similar prejudices themselves they'll quite happily go out and buy whitening cream in order to emulate our appearance. Most odd. But then I guess it's actually quite comparable to some bimbo in the west going to a talon salon and disliking blacks or latinos. 

The two behaviours and systems of thought don't contradict each other IF you don't have the presence of mind to experience cognitive dissonance! ???? I think tanned / olive skin = healthier looking. Pale / washed out, to me, looks decidedly sickly. Could simply be a personal preference and totally epigenetic,  but subconscious influences being responsible for this attraction seem to me to be a strong possibility. It would also seem this opinion is shared by many, the droves of people who go sunbathing globally - for example.

5 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Social conditioning. The game the ruling class plays. Divide and conquer. If you highlight people's differences you can turn them against each other. Once it happens, they are not united but separated. Once that's done, you have absolute control over their life. 

That's why the government fears people uniting. Once that happens, they lose their power. But it's happening all over the world. 

On 10/31/2018 at 8:38 AM, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

I happen to agree with you, OP. I've always found the darker skinned SE Asian girls far more alluring. My missus is a country girl from Kanjanaburi, and has always had beautiful, naturally tanned skin. The gorgeous satin-like feel of many Thai womens' skin is a big draw too. It's a sign of good health (fertility) and is attractive at an almost primal level for many, myself included.

I could never understand why any of them want to become paler or covet that 'new born fish' look that less fortunate northern Asians often have, like some Japanese/Chinese/Korean birds. But, then, we should remember the old adage 'opposites attract' and, at the end of the day, beauty is subjective and the above are simply MY preferences.

It seems generally everyone wants to be as white as possible. Funny old world

The white Asian women, although many are beautiful, have never really done it for me. I spent my first 7 - 8 'pulling' years being able to only choose white women from England.

The lightly darker / tanned ones are the best IMO.  

• 1 month later...

90% of all readers will agree that a nice brown Thai Girl is the symbol for beauty and not the ones that used creams and medications to get white skin.  (See Will)

i certainly agree with this. For health sake we wan to be tanned. Who started the current rubbish?

On 11/14/2018 at 10:30 AM, themerg said:

My opinion is : If I wanted a BLEACHED white girl, I could have stayed in the USA and found millions.

I love the dark Asian skin, it's gorgeous and sexy.

i dont like too dark, but some thai girls have an amazing 'golden' colour...

the sad part--many then go and get tatooed---thats sooo ugly...

48 minutes ago, murraynz said:

i dont like too dark, but some thai girls have an amazing 'golden' colour...

the sad part--many then go and get tatooed---thats sooo ugly...

If a Thai girl is getting tattoos all over herself she is most likely a bar girl anyway, and undesirable to me. Traditional Thai girls will not be tatted all over, although the younger ones may have a small one or two in a discrete area.

Europeans , Americans , Caucasians , like to gain a good tan every summer ; it is understandable that many foreign men who come to Thailand are attracted to Thai girls/women with silken brown skin . I am married to one " Cafe au lait " , the even brown skin tone all over disguises any sense of nakedness . My sister-in-law is married to a man with very brown skin , their children too had brown skin , but the elder daughter whitens herself to the tone of uncooked dough which shows pudgy imperfections . 

My beautiful brown skinned wife calls her color 'black' and I disagree with her and tell her that her skin color is more like coffee with cream.

They only see black or white when no one is either pure white or black in skin color.

Even worse is when they get the botox injections that paralyze their faces into expressionless zombies like Michael Jackson [RIP].

I always tell my woman, say this over and over 100 times. Black is beautiful. White is bad. 

She never listens to my nonsense. Thais can be obsessed with whiteness. It is so ingrained within the culture. When is the last time you saw a dark skinned multi millionaire on a Thai TV show, who has a 150,000,000 baht house? It just does not happen on TV, though it is common in real life here. 

On 10/31/2018 at 3:55 PM, Berkshire said:

The OP and some farangs like him prefer Thai girls with darker skin.  That's actually well known within the Thai community. The thing is, the Thai girls he speaks of are not trying to be attractive for him.  They're really not interested in his preference.  They only care about the beauty standards within the Thai community....which is about trying to look more like Koreans, Japanese, Chinese...

Exactement monsieur

My gf is African-American/Thai. Thai society treats her poorly because of her skin color and hair, even though she is stunning. She truly was not used to getting positive attention for her looks until she was around farang this year. Crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

The biggest tragedy of these brainless women wanting to look white is the DAMAGE all that powder and cream does to their skin. Their faces are a mess while the rest of their body has flawless brown skin. Not to mention looking like ghosts.

Power of advertising. Pay one of their “ superstars” and she will say anything you want to sell these gullible women.

15 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

My gf is African-American/Thai. Thai society treats her poorly because of her skin color and hair, even though she is stunning. She truly was not used to getting positive attention for her looks until she was around farang this year. Crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Most Thais worship a dark skin Indian ( Buddha) . Remind them.

Just now, Brickbat said:

The biggest tragedy of these brainless women wanting to look white is the DAMAGE all that powder and cream does to their skin. Their faces are a mess while the rest of their body has flawless brown skin. Not to mention looking like ghosts.

Power of advertising. Pay one of their “ superstars” and she will say anything you want to sell these gullible women.

Most Thai girls, or Thai people rather, don't know that the word white is just a social construct and that it has no basis in biology or genetics.  If most Thai people knew that the word white is linked to a dirty and horrible history that still haunts many countries to this day, they would think twice before they worship such concepts.

I don't know what they teach at their universities and their school, but I don't think the students today in Asia are taught very much.

27 minutes ago, ryokanes said:

Most Thai girls, or Thai people rather, don't know that the word white is just a social construct and that it has no basis in biology or genetics.  If most Thai people knew that the word white is linked to a dirty and horrible history that still haunts many countries to this day, they would think twice before they worship such concepts.

I don't know what they teach at their universities and their school, but I don't think the students today in Asia are taught very much.

they want to look east asian though (chinese/japanese/korean)

On 1/4/2019 at 11:27 AM, fordguy61mi said:

If a Thai girl is getting tattoos all over herself she is most likely a bar girl anyway, and undesirable to me. Traditional Thai girls will not be tatted all over, although the younger ones may have a small one or two in a discrete area.

tattoos is common in non bar girls too, tattoos is very common.

12 hours ago, ryokanes said:

What dirty and horrible history do you refer to?

Most of us are very proud of our countries history, and our skin colour? 

Why are you talking about our great discoveries such as trains, electricity, antibiotics, medicine, cancer cures, engines, and everything else originally developed in Britain? In fact a glorious history of achievement? In fact the modern world?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_innovations_and_discoveries

This link should help remind everyone of how Great Britain was and still is, in easy to understand format. With no disgrace on our past!

11 hours ago, ta158 said:

tattoos is common in non bar girls too, tattoos is very common.

Surprising but very true, Many of my sons University friends have lots of tattoos, they are generally from good families and not bar girls. it is very trendy to have tattoos but like me unfortunately they may regret some in the longer term as tattoo tastes change over the years.

Archived