Black or White? Thai Girls wake up!

user343434

1 hour ago, Patriot1066 said:

Surprising but very true, Many of my sons University friends have lots of tattoos, they are generally from good families and not bar girls. it is very trendy to have tattoos but like me unfortunately they may regret some in the longer term as tattoo tastes change over the years.

I agree. I told my daughter many years ago that a swallow tattoo on each breast will look like two vultures when she is old. Fortunately none of my kids, adults now, have never been followers of the fad.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ryokanes said:

Most Thai girls, or Thai people rather, don't know that the word white is just a social construct and that it has no basis in biology or genetics.  If most Thai people knew that the word white is linked to a dirty and horrible history that still haunts many countries to this day, they would think twice before they worship such concepts.

I don't know what they teach at their universities and their school, but I don't think the students today in Asia are taught very much.

What is so much dirtier and more horrible about the history of lighter skinned people than that of Asians in your estimation? Are you simply referring to imperialism? Been a fair amount of that in this part of the world.

????

3 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I agree. I told my daughter many years ago that a swallow tattoo on each breast will look like two vultures when she is old. Fortunately none of my kids, adults now, have never been followers of the fad.

????

2 hours ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

What is so much dirtier and more horrible about the history of lighter skinned people than that of Asians in your estimation? Are you simply referring to imperialism? Been a fair amount of that in this part of the world.

????

2 hours ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

????

I am proud of my white natural heritage why do people criticise what we have achieved for the world and you are correct fair amount of imperialism around that is non white in herritage!

I had a discussion with a lefty lecturer  from SOAS about slavery as it’s a common covert racist theme to throw at white people as she did at me. 

When I pointed out to her that slavery was undeniably taking place before we even arrived in Africa and most slaves we’re captured by black people then sold on which we did partake in she wouldn’t discuss it further.

Be proud of yourself whatever your background is be it white brown or whatever, as all cultures have things in their past that will seem to not conform to today’s values.

On 10/31/2018 at 3:04 PM, PatOngo said:

Nose jobs don't do it for me, seems every hostess on Air Asia has a nose job.

Riding the BTS in the mornings, it would appear nearly every woman over 18 years old has a nose job. Certainly more than 50% of them. They often look ridiculous.

On 11/14/2018 at 6:30 AM, themerg said:

My opinion is : If I wanted a BLEACHED white girl, I could have stayed in the USA and found millions.

I love the dark Asian skin, it's gorgeous and sexy.

All this talk of skin. I also like skin, but I prefer reproductive organs!

Being serious, I don't really care how a woman wants to look as long as it makes her happy.

But, I think it is sad that Thais -- the real ones, which are brown and beautiful -- have allowed themselves to be taught that they are deficient. The Thai-Chinese play the game well to reinforce this nonsense. 

How can tens of millions of people allow themselves to think they are inferior to a small percentage of others on account of their skin colour. Even Blacks all over the world, for all their own challenges, have never really allowed themselves in any significant number to be fooled this way.

This is why many people think Thais lack real pride -- while they have an abundance of false pride.

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

Being serious, I don't really care how a woman wants to look as long as it makes her happy.

But, I think it is sad that Thais -- the real ones, which are brown and beautiful -- have allowed themselves to be taught that they are deficient. The Thai-Chinese play the game well to reinforce this nonsense. 

How can tens of millions of people allow themselves to think they are inferior to a small percentage of others on account of their skin colour. Even Blacks all over the world, for all their own challenges, have never really allowed themselves in any significant number to be fooled this way.

This is why many people think Thais lack real pride -- while they have an abundance of false pride.

Wow a eugenics expert?

How can you define ‘real Thais’ there has been so much change of borders over the years and migration in the region due to geo political reasons. Also light skin is not about white as we would describe, but to look more like JP or Korean.

I better ask my Thai wife who had a Chinese Grandfather if she is Thai?

Actually as you mention black, from actual experience in Africa many dark Africans are considered less of a person and attractive than lighter skinned.

Actually, your point re Africans not being fooled into desiring lighter skin is false. The reality “celebrity” Black Chyna makes the majority of her income promoting skin whitening products to Africans.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qvq3px/blac-chynas-skin-whitening-products-are-a-window-into-an-american-secret

Don’t tell me why it can’t be done; show me how it can - Jim Wright

I'm afraid you can't legislate for who you fall for. As a Black Brit of Old Age who' has never dated a Black Lady period in my 50 plus years of living in England I don't go out thinking oh she is white oh she is black or she looks Chinese or she is from a Village. You fall for whoever and the person who said "I don't care just bring them on" has the right idea! Somebody did say "Variety is the Spice of life" This has been written as an opinion without malice.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:17 AM, Fex Bluse said:

That's the key Fex. As long as it makes her happy!

It's interesting that as an American I've run into several Asians here that spoke little English but they often said they thought they weren't attractive. They would mention American women and indicate "round" eyes that they wish they had and said "blue" and pointed at their eye as in they wish they had round and blue eyes.

It's kinda funny how many American men love the look of an Asian woman yet the Asian women want to look like American women and think they are more attractive.

Also, there is a lot of issues between blacks and whites in the US but.... white people want to tan or be in the sun to get darker. A lot of blacks straighten their hair. It seems odd that there is so much discrimination both ways yet at the same time they like certain physical aspects of the other.

On 11/4/2018 at 12:50 PM, Sheryl said:

It is not white caucasians they seek to emulate.

It is East Asians...Chinese, Japanese and especially Korean

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Doubly ironic insofar as South Korea is the cosmetic surgery capital of the world. So the question then becomes "who are the Koreans trying to look like?"

On 1/8/2019 at 4:17 PM, Fex Bluse said:

Wow, you are seriously misinformed.  Regarding black folks--at least in the USA--there is a huge disparity between normal blacks and light-skinned blacks.  Light-skinned blacks have always been considered more attractive WITHIN their own community.  There was even a movie about it years ago called Jungle Fever, directed by Spike Lee, well-known black director and activist.  The situation remains the same today.  It's a highly sensitive topic but I should point out that regardless of their skin color, all African-Americans consider themselves black and proud....even if they're so white that they can be mistaken for a white person.  Same with the Thais. 

17 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Wow, you are seriously misinformed.  Regarding black folks--at least in the USA--there is a huge disparity between normal blacks and light-skinned blacks.  Light-skinned blacks have always been considered more attractive WITHIN their own community.  There was even a movie about it years ago called Jungle Fever, directed by Spike Lee, well-known black director and activist.  The situation remains the same today.  It's a highly sensitive topic but I should point out that regardless of their skin color, all African-Americans consider themselves black and proud....even if they're so white that they can be mistaken for a white person.  Same with the Thais. 

"Light-skinned blacks have always been considered more attractive WITHIN their own community".... HUH? Obviously you interviewed every black person in America to come to that conclusion right? As for Spike Lee, you don't think he had an agenda in making that movie rather than having it based on facts?  

BTW, please explain to the rest of us what a "normal black" is. Rather offensive comment. 

"even if they're so white that they can be mistaken for a white person"..... Michael Jackson? ???? 

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

The op doesn't stand a chance of getting a hiso Thai-Chinese, so he "prefers" dark Asian skin.

It's the same like most  posters here who can't get a normal Western girl, so they suddenly prefer Asian bargirl who will love them true as long as money keeps rolling.

So true. So very very true.

1 hour ago, utalkin2me said:

When 40 year olds can pass for being in their late 20's, I do not care what color they try to make their skin. 

Asian women indeed look far younger than they are. My experience is on average 15 - 20 years younger.  We were at a restaurant not all that long ago and I'm not sure how the topic came up but one guy asked us to guess how old his wife was (he was very proud of her looks as he should have been). I guessed 38 and others were a tad higher but none over 42. Turns out (and it was proven with her ID) that she was 60. INCREDIBLE and that's not a unique situation.

8 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

"Light-skinned blacks have always been considered more attractive WITHIN their own community".... HUH? Obviously you interviewed every black person in America to come to that conclusion right? As for Spike Lee, you don't think he had an agenda in making that movie rather than having it based on facts?  

BTW, please explain to the rest of us what a "normal black" is. Rather offensive comment. 

"even if they're so white that they can be mistaken for a white person"..... Michael Jackson? ???? 

You really should educate yourself before responding with nonsense.  I responded to your post with evidence, you provided nothing.  Clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about.  So just admit you were wrong in the first place.  As for "colorism"...

[Colorism yields real-world advantages for individuals with light skin. For example, light-skinned Latinos make $5,000 more on average than dark-skinned Latinos...]

[12,000 African-American women imprisoned in North Carolina found that lighter-skinned black women received shorter sentences than their darker-skinned counterparts.]

[...darker-skinned black defendants were twice as likely as lighter-skinned black defendants to get the death penalty for crimes involving white victims.]

[“We find that the light-skin shade as measured by survey interviewers is associated with about a 15 percent greater probability of marriage for young black women,” said researchers who conducted a study called “Shedding ‘Light’ on Marriage.”]

https://www.thoughtco.com/what-is-colorism-2834952

7 hours ago, Berkshire said:

You really should educate yourself before responding with nonsense.  I responded to your post with evidence, you provided nothing.  Clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about.  So just admit you were wrong in the first place.  As for "colorism"...

[Colorism yields real-world advantages for individuals with light skin. For example, light-skinned Latinos make $5,000 more on average than dark-skinned Latinos...]

[12,000 African-American women imprisoned in North Carolina found that lighter-skinned black women received shorter sentences than their darker-skinned counterparts.]

[...darker-skinned black defendants were twice as likely as lighter-skinned black defendants to get the death penalty for crimes involving white victims.]

[“We find that the light-skin shade as measured by survey interviewers is associated with about a 15 percent greater probability of marriage for young black women,” said researchers who conducted a study called “Shedding ‘Light’ on Marriage.”]

https://www.thoughtco.com/what-is-colorism-2834952

You provided statistics which I never argued with. What I argue with is your comment that "Light-skinned blacks have always been considered more attractive WITHIN their own community". You'd have to interview every single black make that claim. I don't see it that way and I have many black friends.

You also need to apologize to the black community for using such a bigoted and racist remark as "normal black". Tell me what a "normal white" or "normal asian" is.

11 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

You provided statistics which I never argued with. What I argue with is your comment that "Light-skinned blacks have always been considered more attractive WITHIN their own community". You'd have to interview every single black make that claim. I don't see it that way and I have many black friends.

You also need to apologize to the black community for using such a bigoted and racist remark as "normal black". Tell me what a "normal white" or "normal asian" is.

Firstly, you're being way too freakin sensitive.  A normal black--or normal white/normal Asian for that matter--is simply the majority.  Nothing racist about that.  As for my previous statement, yes it was an observation not based on scientific research but based on comments I've heard and read.  It's like saying "men prefer young, thin women over old fat women."  Is that true for 100% of men?  Who the heck knows, but I'm pretty sure the majority.  So no, I'm not going to ask every single man if they prefer a young thin woman.  If you do in fact have black friends, you should ask them for examples of black females whom they consider attractive.  I'm sure names like Beyonce, Rihanna, Kerry Washington, Alicia Keys, Halle Berry, etc., would come up...which of course, would prove my point. 

The thing is, you're bashing on the Thais and bringing up examples that are patently untrue.  You need to do better.     

20 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Firstly, you're being way too freakin sensitive.  A normal black--or normal white/normal Asian for that matter--is simply the majority.  Nothing racist about that.  As for my previous statement, yes it was an observation not based on scientific research but based on comments I've heard and read.  It's like saying "men prefer young, thin women over old fat women."  Is that true for 100% of men?  Who the heck knows, but I'm pretty sure the majority.  So no, I'm not going to ask every single man if they prefer a young thin woman.  If you do in fact have black friends, you should ask them for examples of black females whom they consider attractive.  I'm sure names like Beyonce, Rihanna, Kerry Washington, Alicia Keys, Halle Berry, etc., would come up...which of course, would prove my point. 

The thing is, you're bashing on the Thais and bringing up examples that are patently untrue.  You need to do better.     

You are an oddity. What exactly is "the majority" these days? "If you do in fact have black friends, you should ask them for examples of black females whom they consider attractive"... yep I'll run right out and do your "research" for you. Yeesh!

WHEN have I bashed on Thais? I defend them cowboy. Get your facts straight.

I'm not sensitive but rather facing up to a racist. Everything you stated is just your opinion. 

BTW... the only women you mentioned I'd touch are Halle Berry and Alicia Keys. Have you seen the others without all the make-up. Not attractive at all. 

3 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

WHEN have I bashed on Thais? I defend them cowboy. Get your facts straight.

I'm about done with this conversation, but this is what YOU said:

[How can tens of millions of people allow themselves to think they are inferior to a small percentage of others on account of their skin colour. Even Blacks all over the world, for all their own challenges, have never really allowed themselves in any significant number to be fooled this way.]

And I responded with evidence that this is simply not true.  You also mentioned some nonsense about Thais having "false pride," which is an insult and is clearly bashing.  So at least be honest about that.

43 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I'm about done with this conversation, but this is what YOU said:

[How can tens of millions of people allow themselves to think they are inferior to a small percentage of others on account of their skin colour. Even Blacks all over the world, for all their own challenges, have never really allowed themselves in any significant number to be fooled this way.]

And I responded with evidence that this is simply not true.  You also mentioned some nonsense about Thais having "false pride," which is an insult and is clearly bashing.  So at least be honest about that.

Sorry Cowboy. It was Fex Bluse that made those comments. Nice try. Get it right please.

All in the eyes of the beholder.

In Thailand they (same phil , china indonesia) want to be white, due to interest of Thai (and mentioned countries) guys in white national women. I dont know about jobs, but i think its an issue there as well.

ALso if you are brown, you get out a lot and have no good work. My lady has and comes out a lot due to her work.

I tell my Thai lady every time over and over again, i love her brown skin even if she gets really dark. But she is Thai and has a good job (government) and appearance still would be white as possible !!

She get comments from colleges if she looks some brown and feels less. I told her to tell then, she has a white guy and loves her brown skin to shut them up. But still she feels vulnerable and no matter if i like brown, she still feels attacked and wants to be white, so there comes the jars and powders to make white. The feeling goes up and down with her. 

Once i told her, i would buy a tuk tuk to drive around, uh uh cant, its too low in class. For me it looks great a tuk tuk, maybe modify it with a Hayabusha motor block, 555.

In the west every one wants to look brown, many people one the beach baking for hours to get brown !!

I love brown or even black skin, no problem with it at all, even not really into white skin and wished my skin could turn brown, but that needs a looooooong time. My white skin mostly turns red, hate it and its ouch. 

Same as China, if you look white , you have more opportunities. In China they go even so far, they have their legs cut and by extension tools (you spread the bones apart, takes many months), you make your legs longer to look more western !! Besides the nose, eye, face jobs.

THe whiteners are mostly, titanium dioxide, but its also in your toothpaste and many other products. You dont need it , but the producers do so. Bleaching is another thing, as for sugar is bleached (why it looks ok brown?) and the coffee filter bags should be brown instead of white. All as producers think it looks nice white. Im using brown bags, non bleached.

I love the brown, black skin and think to be white as asian is a loss in beauty. I agree with the OP !

All asian women, wake up and dont let your society put a spell on you, reverse it, get asian brown black again.

Though many Thai are brown haired, my lady is real black haired, and to end with a slogan im loving it.

Archived