30% Holding

I know this has been discussed before but things change here daily. i have an account at Bangkok Bank and need to transfer in about 25,000 dollars. I know it has been the ruling that above 20,000 is subject to the 30% holding. Is this still happening. I really dont want to discuss this with my bank. If i know it will come in without problems i will do it in one transfer, if it may be a problem I will have to do it in two.

thanks in advance

Jimmyt

Well the way to avoid the withholding is to discuss it with your bank. If not it is up to them - and with no contact from you I suspect if it is above 20k they will send 30% to the Bank of Thailand until you prove that it should not be subject to the withholding.

"things change here daily"

No, you're just to lazy to do your homework. Who knows why you refuse to communicate with your bank. If you want to - not that you have to, not that you have to skill or desire to - you can always do multiple transfer in less than $20K . I did that, and there was no problem.

"things change here daily"

No, you're just to lazy to do your homework. Who knows why you refuse to communicate with your bank. If you want to - not that you have to, not that you have to skill or desire to - you can always do multiple transfer in less than $20K . I did that, and there was no problem.

Thanks for your answer Lopburi, I appreciate your help. Since you are curious Backflip I will explain. Bangkok Bank has long lines and for the most part unfriendly managers to discuss things with, and if, god forbid, something goes wrong and they hold my 30% by mistake yes I am too lazy to deal with them. As for you nasty comments you can keep them to yourself, do you speak to people face to face like that or just from a keyboard? You may have noticed I mentioned I will make multible transfers at $45 dollars a pop if the law has not been changed, and yes, I do have the skill for that.

thanks Guys

Bangkok Bank has long lines and for the most part unfriendly managers to discuss things with

Yes that was also my experience when I used them. Suggest you vote with your money and take your money elsewhere.

I changed to SCB. We're still in Thailand but it's a very different ballgame.

Bangkok Bank has long lines and for the most part unfriendly managers to discuss things with

Yes that was also my experience when I used them. Suggest you vote with your money and take your money elsewhere.

I changed to SCB. We're still in Thailand but it's a very different ballgame.

I am planning on changing banks but I have my 800K in there for three months getting ready for O-A renewal and dont want to "rock the boat" I will check on SCB since BB is not customer friendly after my renewal

thanks