Help.... Im on overstay

16 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

Hell, there are many people that purely just want to scare you on this forum.

Maybe many people have been here a long time and experienced the things they warn you about? Just thinking aloud....

38 minutes ago, hobobo said:

Maybe many people have been here a long time and experienced the things they warn you about? Just thinking aloud....

Just because of few comments, you do not have to think that I´ve just come here. That was over 20 years ago.

It´s pure and simple. if you act well behaved, well dressed with a positive attitude. You shall be the first that smile at your Immigration officer, before he need to do that to you. if they ask for something, give it to them. Be sure to tell the truth with an explaination that is valid and that you can back up with proof.

Do not look like you have something to hide, and always have what you need. Then there is no people that have problem with immigration.

Sure, there have been and still are corruption. If you choose to stay in a country that has, then you better be prepared to deal with it without complaining.

Edited by HappyAndRich

18 hours ago, colinneil said:

You are on overstay, ok you say you have a hospital letter, why on earth did you not get someone to go to immigration for you?

You are in this situation because of your own failings.

Get to an airport and pay up, get out now.

I know there are immigration laws to abide by. But Geeez... my health is far more important and my number one priority. Surely (?????) some proof if a medical condition preventing a trip to immigration would mitigate his problem? It's really that tough here in Thailand? 

• Like 1

You living in a dream world?
Your health means absolutely nothing to immigration, proof of a medical condition..... HA your having a laugh.
They dont care, even if you are on deaths door, as i was 4 years ago, when they threatened deportation, even with proof from the hospital that i had been in a coma.
I don't consider COMPASSION living in a dream world. As for your situation. I find it disgusting that Thai immigration would treat you or anyone else thus way. Truly shocking.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just do a border run, apologise for the overstay and explain you were sick in hospital and pay the fine (3500 baht is not exactly a fortune). If you do this you won't have any problems I am sure. In any case this is your only real course of action.

However, don't sit on it any longer and risk getting caught on overstay, in those circumstances things will be far worse.

Good luck, try not to worry too much, you won't be banged up in jail if you simply do as mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2018 at 7:50 AM, pumpjack said:

Need get to paytaya via ferry... Want to go to jomtien immigration to pay fine. 

I was on 30 day arrival

Uk citizen

Im shi**ing myself.. 

Ive money with me to pay overstay but will police refuse and just lock me up. 

Ive letter from hospital proof of illness

Cheers

Jack

well if your 30 days are up so is your air ticket out

12 hours ago, prism said:

I'd be worried that he might hit a checkpoint on the way to a land border and get arrested. He should buy a flight ticket out of Thailand, take the bus to swampy and pay his fine there. 

would he not already have a flight ticket ?

OP    you can't  check in to any Hotel. or Guest House on Overstay... 2016,  7000B OverStay, last 90day stamp showed had 12 more days,but retirement date (in passport) was about 20 days past, Imming. said I had no Retirem Visa at all.. I paid and they Stamped me....BEWARE  !!!   I  think the last 90 DAYS catchs a lot of us....Pattaya.....Very nice  people,, Last time in and out in 5 min....(3 mon. chech in)

• Confused 1

I've been to Jomtien immigrations a few times like 1-2 days late, that was never a problem for getting an extension of 30 days, just had to pay 500-1000 baht for the 1-2 day overstay.

With 7 days I'm not so sure, it's a risk you're taking, you sound afraid so I would just go to the border or airport and pay your overstay there, no problem at all, done it plenty of times after I already extended my visa, no questions asked.

3 hours ago, usacb500biker said:

OP    you can't  check in to any Hotel. or Guest House on Overstay... 2016,  7000B OverStay, last 90day stamp showed had 12 more days,but retirement date (in passport) was about 20 days past, Imming. said I had no Retirem Visa at all.. I paid and they Stamped me....BEWARE  !!!   I  think the last 90 DAYS catchs a lot of us....Pattaya.....Very nice  people,, Last time in and out in 5 min....(3 mon. chech in)

Many hotels will still allow you to stay if you make up an excuse that your passport is with an agent to renew your visa.

I don't think it would work in a 4-5 star hotel but plenty of guest houses that don't care.

my flight home very soon, going from hua hin to bkk airport right away..

i will have the money for my fine .

i will have the paperwork as proof of illness ( if that does any good )

i will apologise and hope.

thats all i can do.

PS....many people on here trying to scare monger , make me feel like an <deleted> escaped convict...im overstay from 24th oct...my personal opinion is its no big deal, i knew guy overstayed 2 months last year and he just paid the bloody fine.

1 hour ago, pumpjack said:

PS....many people on here trying to scare monger , make me feel like an <deleted> escaped convict...im overstay from 24th oct...my personal opinion is its no big deal, i knew guy overstayed 2 months last year and he just paid the bloody fine.

It really isnt people scaremongering , its people warning you about what could happen .

If you get caught on overstay , you will be going to IDC and getting deported .

Would you rather posters just tell you to not worry about it and you end up in jail, deported and blacklisted ?

my flight home very soon, going from hua hin to bkk airport right away..

i will have the money for my fine .

i will have the paperwork as proof of illness ( if that does any good )

i will apologise and hope.

thats all i can do.

If "its no big deal" why start the thread?

• Like 1

breezed through immigration at swampy, paid my 10 days overstay and sent on my way ,

not even a blacklist or not even an overstay stamp

I'm not surprised that they didn't blacklist you, as you "surrendered" with less than 90 days of overstay.

I am surprised, however, that they didn't give you an overstay stamp, that seems very unusual. Did you get a receipt for the payment of your fine?