Re-entering Thailand from Laos

I am currently in Thailand  on a 60 day tourist visa from UK and was due to fly back today. I extended my visa by 30 days and am going to Laos next week to apply for 90 day non O visa (for retirement purposes). Have docs ready BUT would like to know - should I have flight booked for leaving Thailand if my application is not accepted and I have to re-enter Thailand on another tourist visa ?  Thanks.

Thanks Joe. I have a medical certificate but NOT the police clearance - local Police here said they not issue without a letter from immigration - or do you mean from UK police ? 

This is a full list of what local immigration told me to take

1. My partners ID (Thai national - we not married)

2.Her home address (Blue book? - she owns a house in Lam Luk Ka where here sons live)

3. Bank details  (I have account with Bangkok Bank and the required funds in place) Will also have letter from bank

4.Rental agreement between owner and myself and partner for where we are staying.

5. Passport

6.Name and address of owner of apartment (incl copy of ID card)

7. Medical certificate.

That look okay ?

You can get a police clearance without anything from immigration but it has to be applied for at the Police Clearance Service Center in Bangkok.

See: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

There have been many people turned away because the did not have one. I have been suggesting not to go to Vientiane for a non-o visa for retirement for couple of years now or more. Savannakhet Laos or Penang Malaysia are my recommended locations.

Immigration is not a good source for info about applying for visas. Same for embassies and consulates providing info about what immigration wants.

You will need 1 to 4 or 6 on your list.