Money returned to Chinese tourists in more ways than one as Big Joke drops in

webfact

Money returned to Chinese tourists in more ways than one as Big Joke drops in

4PM.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath columnist "Pluengpayak" published a feel good story after all the criticism of immigration.

And revealed some interesting goings on as Chinese tourists start getting back their back-hander money back.

The good news story featured a Chinese tourist being reunited with a bag he had left on a counter while applying for visa on arrival. 

Pol Maj (female) Kochaphan Ek-khatiyakorn went out of her way to make sure that Zhang Zhihua was reunited with his bag containing 2,000 Yuan. 

A beaming Zhang told reporters that he would tell all his family and friends about the wonderful Thai people. 

As if on cue senior immigration official at the airport Maj-Gen Prithipong Prayoonsiri also told Thai Rath hacks of a little known fact, said the columnist. 

Payments of 100 - 500 baht taken from principally Chinese tourists were being returned to the visitors.

Not a lot of reports were made of that amid all the criticism.

Pluengpayak mentioned that new immigration chief Maj-Gen Surachate Hakpan just so happened to be there at the time making sure that his new "no tips" policies were being followed to the letter.

The Thai Rath columnist is well known for his tongue-in-cheek take on the news.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-01
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A beaming Zhang told reporters that he would tell all his family and friends about the wonderful Thai people.

Unfortunately "not  reported" was the sarcastic  tone he said it in.

• Haha 1

As usual, and it is my fault for reading Thai Visa, not one positive comment ALL are negative this is the most negative forum i have ever read normally there are negative elements in all forums which is natural giving both sides an airing but thai visa is gold medalist in negativity.

Well done immigration officers.

49 minutes ago, jewell49 said:

As usual, and it is my fault for reading Thai Visa, not one positive comment ALL are negative this is the most negative forum i have ever read normally there are negative elements in all forums which is natural giving both sides an airing but thai visa is gold medalist in negativity.

Immigration workers are often seen by some [many?] as the antithesis of friendly and honest.  A reputation tarnished by a long history of allegations of unfriendliness, greed, corruption and bribes.  

They even have a no tip policy and tips were being returned to tourists, principally chinese AND just so happens their boss was there.

1 hour ago, jewell49 said:

Here comes a positive question: How many of your family members are working under the Big Joke?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jewell49 said:

so what, take  your unwarranted positivity elsewhere, maybe the "emeperors new clothes forum" would be better for you?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, kannot said:

Unfortunately "not  reported" was the sarcastic  tone he said it in.

come on now.. it was a wonderful thing that the thais returned his lost property with all the money still inside. He was fully just to compliment them. I would have thanked them also. 

As for the tip money being given back. i am curious to know if rhe chinese actually got that back or if the agent who took it from the chinese ended up keeping it. Seems there would be a very big loss of face for the agent to return that to the chinese. 

27 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Isn't the tourist supposed to have 20,000 baht?  2000 yuan is only around 9,000 baht, he should be deported and fined. ????

after a good "official" slapping?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, kannot said:

so what, take  your unwarranted positivity elsewhere, maybe the "emeperors new clothes forum" would be better for you?

Your name says it all why not change it to kan.

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

i think the 20000 baht requirement only applies to non Asians.  i have never heard chinese having to show enough money at the airport when in tours

Not correct, in the past friends and family from both HK and the mainland have had to show funds when applying for visa on arrival.