Yellow House Book.V Blue

How I see it is as follows,
a blue house book is legal evidence who owns a property and that person must be a Thai citizen. It also gives other details including what Thai citizens reside there.

A yellow house book is documentary evidence that a foreign individual resides at that specific address and is also a good source,if you need identification for car/bike purchase(for instance)
It does NOT give the foreign person who is mentioned in it, any legal ownership rights what-so-ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DILLIGAD said:

How I see it is as follows,
a blue house book is legal evidence who owns a property and that person must be a Thai citizen. It also gives other details including what Thai citizens reside there.

A yellow house book is documentary evidence that a foreign individual resides at that specific address and is also a good source,if you need identification for car/bike purchase(for instance)
It does NOT give the foreign person who is mentioned in it, any legal ownership rights what-so-ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A blue book is nothing to do with property ownership whatsoever. Its the book that goes with the house and lists the Thai occupants, The people listed in the book can be renting the property. A chanote is a house ownership document.

Yellow book lists non-Thais living in the property.

https://www.thailandlawonline.com/article-older-archive/thai-house-registration-and-resident-book

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The house book lists the residents of the house and can be used for address confirmation.

Blue house book for Thais and foreigners with permanent residency

Yellow house book for all other foreigners

Additionally the blue house book names a "housemaster" (maybe the yellow book also names the housemaster), but housemaster does not mean owner (can of course be the same person), the owner is named in the Chanote (another document) of the house.