Leaving company.- valid visa?

Hi,

So I have left my place of work by mutual consent.

My company have paid me until Jan 2019. But have said they want to cxl my visa and work permit on 30th November. They currently hold my w.p.

The reason for cxl on 30th November is apparently due to tax reasons. However in the 4mth payoff I received they haven't deducted any tax.

My visa (extension of stay) runs until 5th Jan 2019. I do not have to do any more 90 day reports, as I last entered Thailand 19th October, following a private business trip.

So my question  is.... Is it true about the tax payments from my salary being linked to cxl of a workers visa? I find it odd that they gave this as a reason for cxl my visa before the end of my contract and then not deduct any income tax in the pay off. Previously tax was deducted as usual on a monthly basis in the payroll.

Secondly could I just play hard ball and insist I keep my visa until 5th January 2019, or could they cxl it without me attending immigration? 

This whole issue has been quite stressful. So if anyone has any genuine advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I think the 4 months is severance pay. Since it not a salary is the reason the tax was not withheld.

You extension of stay (it is not visa) ends when your job ends since it is based upon you working for company. The proper way to is to have it canceled by showing a termination letter to immigration. 

If you want to stay longer you should leave and re-enter for a days visa exempt entry if you qualify for one. The 30 days could then be extended for 30 at immigration. Or you get a tourist visa at nearby embassy or consulate.