Iranian marchers chant 'Death to America' on eve of U.S. oil sanctions

webfact

21 hours ago, lucjoker said:

is it so difficult to ignore those countries ?

Just dont have any contact with them .

Dont deal with them.( dont buy cheap oil from them)

Dont let any of them in your country.

BUT: watch them carefully,keep enough ballistic rockets aimed at them .

If they make a move ( or you think they make a move ) obliterate them completely.Make sure you let them know . Kick all of their believers out of your countries . Make those who praise islam ,live in their islam countries.Those who want to stay in our western countries will have to be publicly baptized.( or denounce openly islam)

problem is that our governments make a lot of money out of these countries ,and like to do nothing . 

At last the voice of moderation. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, lucjoker said:

is it so difficult to ignore those countries ?

Just dont have any contact with them .

Dont deal with them.( dont buy cheap oil from them)

Dont let any of them in your country.

BUT: watch them carefully,keep enough ballistic rockets aimed at them .

If they make a move ( or you think they make a move ) obliterate them completely.Make sure you let them know . Kick all of their believers out of your countries . Make those who praise islam ,live in their islam countries.Those who want to stay in our western countries will have to be publicly baptized.( or denounce openly islam)

problem is that our governments make a lot of money out of these countries ,and like to do nothing . 

That is the way that Countries like Iran, Saudi and Pakistan act though and thats why we dont like them 

8 hours ago, Watchful said:

Your post is spot on! 

Will the "gutless" people of Iran overthrow the religious dictators ruining the country

People get the government they deserve!

You might want to read up on the Green Movement of 2009 before you casually sling around accusations like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Green_Movement

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Watchful said:

Not only is that clearly an over statement, but even European companies seeking to do business in the US are abandoning Iran. They are doing this in spite of the EU's attempt to keep the current agreement intact.

The Iranians are worried about the loss of oil revenue! With their imploding economy, this will force them to spend even more on their own people (food, energy, and housing subsidies etc.) leaving far less to support their interventions in the rest of the middle east. 

Of course, the Iranians are affected by the embargo. However, the current level of expenses for interventions is probably not so high, and the embargo is likely to have no effect on their policy.

Expenses have been high when they were fighting ISIS in Irak and Syria. Now, even in Syria, it's rather quiet as the various Islamist groups have been defeated. In Yemen, they provide weapons to the Houtis, but it's a guerilla war, so it should not be very expensive either.

2 hours ago, HooHaa said:

At last the voice of moderation. 

when a caravan of thousands of strangers is walking to invade your 

home ........there is no time for moderation .

It is moderation that causes such dramas .

The caravan of unhappy people must march against their oppressors ,but instead they chose the easy coward way , flee and let others take care of them .

So ,kick out your dictators , and the good news : "Trump" will gladly help you do that, but you will have to do it yourself ( not US soldiers ) 

4 minutes ago, lucjoker said:

when a caravan of thousands of strangers is walking to invade your 

home ........there is no time for moderation .

It is moderation that causes such dramas .

The caravan of unhappy people must march against their oppressors ,but instead they chose the easy coward way , flee and let others take care of them .

So ,kick out your dictators , and the good news : "Trump" will gladly help you do that, but you will have to do it yourself ( not US soldiers ) 

While I fail to see what that has to do with anything, I have realized I consider people like you a waste of skin and refuse to engage you any further. 

22 hours ago, candide said:

Of course, the Iranians are affected by the embargo. However, the current level of expenses for interventions is probably not so high, and the embargo is likely to have no effect on their policy.

Expenses have been high when they were fighting ISIS in Irak and Syria. Now, even in Syria, it's rather quiet as the various Islamist groups have been defeated. In Yemen, they provide weapons to the Houtis, but it's a guerilla war, so it should not be very expensive either.

Allow me to doubt you grasp of how troubled Iran's economy is. If the recent wave of protests (violently crushed by authorities) wasn't clue enough, perhaps checking the exchange rate would help.

Iran still spends a fortune on regional "interventions", regardless of whether the ISIS thing is winding down. Setting up and supporting militias (or local outfits) in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Yemen doesn't come cheap.

15 hours ago, Morch said:

Allow me to doubt you grasp of how troubled Iran's economy is. If the recent wave of protests (violently crushed by authorities) wasn't clue enough, perhaps checking the exchange rate would help.

Iran still spends a fortune on regional "interventions", regardless of whether the ISIS thing is winding down. Setting up and supporting militias (or local outfits) in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Yemen doesn't come cheap.

Where did I write that sanctions have little effect on the economy?

About the cost of "interventions", if you have more precise information, I would gladly know about it as it seems to be a rather opaque subject.....

5 hours ago, candide said:

Where did I write that sanctions have little effect on the economy?

About the cost of "interventions", if you have more precise information, I would gladly know about it as it seems to be a rather opaque subject.....

You opined that the sanctions will not effect Iranian policies and the reasoning suggested was that the cost of their regional "interventions" was down.

That might have been the case had the Iranian economy been stable. Considering the ongoing difficulties, though, it isn't quite as simple as lower-expenditure-on-same-budget.

I don't think that there are "precise" figures regarding the costs of various Iranian "interventions" in the ME. More like assessments. And, incidentally, this would probably hold for Iranian authorities themselves - said "interventions" being run by different bodies, some of which are less then forthcoming about such things. And anyway, it's not as if you provided support for you claim - so asking others to come up with figures is meh.

There's not much indication that Iran's regional presence or support for regional allies was scaled down. Recent events in Syria (apart from the ISIS angle) and Lebanon would probably serve as counter-argument for such claims.