Ireland says UK cannot unilaterally scrap border backstop

webfact

3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Tebee..you live in a nice quiet part of France..me..I'm over in Isaan for over 4 years now..but many of my friends and their families in my former home city in the UK are fed up with good reason re the influx of eastern european no users and the influx of muslims.
Me..I saw them arrive in the city for quite a few years before I moved to Thailand.
Not many of them work legally..but they take all the benefits. Crime is also becoming more and more a massive problem.
Why not move for a short time to one of France's " problem " cities and " get a taste of it ".
Walk the walk instead of talking the talk!!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Some truth in what you say. I have a close relative in Lyons, she tells me they have a great deal of trouble with the followers of death religion.

They have to be careful,just to venture out to the major supermarket.

Strangely not mentioned in the U.K.

• Like 2

Other than the usual Hard Brexiteer ranting as deflection from the title of the thread, one needs to ask the question why a backstop is insisted on. Very simple answer. The UK hasn't shown the slightest consistency throughout the negotiation process and after every agreement has been made, someone has popped up to say that they will ignore it at the first opportunity. That is why a backstop is required which includes the process of disengagement. The bogus moral outrage from the Hard Brexit crew is merely cover for an old-school how dare they ploy which plays on the assumption that everybody else is a fool to be played by the superior Brits. Those days are over.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

The EU is the biggest blunder and mafia gang in that part of the world...ask any commoner on the street if his life has improved since the €uro....take away France, Germany (and now the UK) an the EU will plainly go bankrupt...

I suppose I am a commoner.....

I am greatfull to ECCS, EEC,EC, and EU for not having experienced inter European wars like my father, grandfater.

I am gratefull to the EU for free visaless travel and no exchange rip offs at the borders.

I am gratefull to the EU for free trade without import duties.

I am gratefull to the EU for a euro that started at 0,90 US dollar.

I am gratefull to the EU for beginning to stand up against US, Russia, China.

Only thing that I have a problem with: not enough EU.

But we all know which country was always using the breaks....

Yet I am a commoner

• Like 1

"This may be the first Anglo-Irish negotiation in history where the greater leverage is not on London’s side of the table. And the vituperation aimed at Dublin politicians tells one just how well that has gone down with politicians and apparatchiks who had not bothered to work out that this was no longer a bilateral business, and are now appalled to find they are cornered."

20 hours ago, observer90210 said:

The EU is the biggest blunder and mafia gang in that part of the world...ask any commoner on the street if his life has improved since the €uro....take away France, Germany (and now the UK) an the EU will plainly go bankrupt...

But you can rest assured that ALL the EU politicians and workers will still get their pensions.

• Like 1