India visa in Yangon

Does anyone know if its still easy to get a 6 month or 1 yr tourist visa for India?

We are in India but on bicycles so debating on whether or not, not to travel to Yangon and just get the evisa which i believe you can get for no longer than 2 months?

But if its easy to get a 6 month+ visa by applying in person then i guess we will do that.

Also can you pay an agent to do it rather than apply in person? For example could we pay an agent to get us a 6m visa in Bago?

Uk and Myanmar citizens.

Cheers

I don't know specifically about Rangoon, but many Indian embassies/consulates in Asia are pretty stingy, giving just one or two months.

And it's universal for Indian consulates/embassies to make you wait a week while they telex somewhere for approval, if you apply outside your home country,

Plus, dealing with India officialdom in person is never ever easy.

All in, the clear message is: take the e-visa, if the timing works for you and if you're arriving by air at a listed airport. Note too that an "e-Visa can be availed for maximum of three times in a calendar year i.e. between January to December." Whatever "availed" means.

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

2 hours ago, taxout said:

I don't know specifically about Rangoon, but many Indian embassies/consulates in Asia are pretty stingy, giving just one or two months.

And it's universal for Indian consulates/embassies to make you wait a week while they telex somewhere for approval, if you apply outside your home country,

Plus, dealing with India officialdom in person is never ever easy.

All in, the clear message is: take the e-visa, if the timing works for you and if you're arriving by air at a listed airport. Note too that an "e-Visa can be availed for maximum of three times in a calendar year i.e. between January to December." Whatever "availed" means.

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

Thanks alot for that taxout.

So can you get 2 months continuous stay with the evisa?

Also, dumb question, but we do have to leave the country when getting another evisa right?

Just thinking as we are with the bikes and entering at the Moreh/Tamu border.

NO!

As I said, "take the e-visa, if the timing works for you and if you're arriving by air at a listed airport." That is, you must arrive by air (or sea) at one of the airports (or ports) listed on the official site if you have an evisa. You cannot enter India at Moreh/Tamu with an evisa. You can, however, leave India overland with an evisa.

So fly out to Rangoon, leave your bikes behind, fly back to India with your evisa, then continue your overland trip to Burma by bike.

Indian evisas are now valid for 60 days from entry to India.

You cannot extend an evisa while in India.

Evisas are only allowed for entry at designated airports and seaports.

Please read the official site I linked to, thoroughly:

"e-Visa is valid for entry through 26 designated Airports . . .  and 5 designated seaports  However, the foreigner can take exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India."

Sorry, then the evisa will do you no good unless you change your plans and fly. But be prepared to hang around Rangoon for a week or so while they wait for "clearance." Maybe you can sweet talk them to speed the process, but don't count on it.

Archived