Statutory Declaration

OP, its "Australian" bank managers, lawyers, police officers etc, not from Thai or other countries. Yes, half the population of Australia can witness a Stat Dec, its written on the reverse side. I think It also states that Stat Dec are for use inside Australia. 

Just now, cleverman said:

A stat dec is a stat dec. Ti accept stat decs as proof of income. 

It must come from the Oz Embassy in Bangkok for income proof purposes with Thai Immigration.  And the Oz Embassy is stopping issue of the stat dec income doc.  See below l.....o.....n......g thread on the subject.

3 minutes ago, cleverman said:

A stat dec is a stat dec. Ti accept stat decs as proof of income. 

Technically they (did) only accepted a Stat Dec stamped by Embassy, I dont think anyone got far presenting one witnessed by a Australian school teacher etc.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

It must come from the Oz Embassy in Bangkok for income proof purposes with Thai Immigration.  And the Oz Embassy is stopping issue of the stat dec income doc.  See below l.....o.....n......g thread on the subject.

Fake news. It doesn't have to come from embassy in Bangkok. We all know the Oz embassy, consuls, are going to stop issuing them. This has been reported thousands of times already. That is the purpose of my post. Where did you get the info that the letter must be issued by Bangkok embassy,or consuls for that matter. I haven't read that , you may be right. 

6 minutes ago, cleverman said:

Fake news. It doesn't have to come from embassy in Bangkok. We all know the Oz embassy, consuls, are going to stop issuing them. This has been reported thousands of times already. That is the purpose of my post. Where did you get the info that the letter must be issued by Bangkok embassy,or consuls for that matter. I haven't read that , you may be right. 

Immigration will only accept a income document from an embassy or consulate located here in Thailand. That has been stated many times over the years by them.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration will only accept a income document from an embassy or consulate located here in Thailand. That has been stated many times over the years by them.

Thank you. I did not know immigration have already stated that. Over and out. 

48 minutes ago, Olmate said:

If you get a stat dec in Oz,you may as well do the visa there and avoid all this scam to get our money into their banks,and 2 for 1 as well.Youknow it makes sense!

2 for 1?  There may be changes to getting the retirement done in Oz. Only one way to find out and that ain't asking on here. 

• Like 1