Defiant Trump blames media, fellow Republicans for House losses

webfact

36 minutes ago, Nilats said:

Apparently he didn't even lose... he gained in the Senate... and also loss of only 26 seats in the House is much much less than what anybody was expecting under the circumstances... This was probably actually a win. So it appears that Trump is actually more popular than he was during his campaign in 2016.

Only 26 seats? That seems low. If that is true it is lower than the average loss of seats (28) to the opposition party of a sitting president in a mid-term election. I had read 32-35 based on the outcome of tight races. Even that's not too good, considering, well, Trump.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

Only 26 seats? That seems low. If that is true it is lower than the average loss of seats (28) to the opposition party of a sitting president in a mid-term election. I had read 32-35 based on the outcome of tight races. Even tat's not too good, considering, well, Trump.

Exactly what I was trying to say... he lost lower than average than in any previous such elections where every president is expected to lose some seats to opposing party.

• Like 1

I'm just curious how this drama develops... to what extent Democrats will try to challenge him before the next elections - they may try to compromise him if they are serious about all this build up and vendetta they have against him which is very unique... things could get messy and would be interesting to see how this affects the current stand-off of everybody vs everybody in the world.  Just making a constatation that he didn't lose any of his support base... so the whole smear campaign didn't really work...

Edited by Nilats
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silurian said:

The other big news that isn't getting much press coverage is the 7 governor seats switched from Red to Blue. This is a big deal for Democrats at the state and local levels.

That's a good start, but so many governorships and state houses were lost in the Obama years the Democrats are coming from a lonnnng way back. Personally, in states with bi-cameral legislatures I prefer mixed control of legislative bodies.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Nilats said:

Apparently he didn't even lose... he gained in the Senate... and also loss of only 26 seats in the House is much much less than what anybody was expecting under the circumstances... This was probably actually a win. So it appears that Trump is actually more popular than he was during his campaign in 2016.

Apparently....  you don’t understand English..... no worries, not everyone does.... here you go, happy to help;

7ACE8C56-4669-4BBC-BE0B-6BEE79FAEFF9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, neeray said:

The depth and breadth of the loss will show in January. Trump is already showing his true colours of how it feels to be boxed into a corner with hungry, vicious dogs nipping at his precious manhood. The best is yet to come.

Unfortunately I think what we are gonna see is not “the best” but very much the worst of 45s instincts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Shallow, moral deficient, stupid, immature, embarrassing = the most dangerous leader of the western world in modern times

which is why us non Americans are watching so closely.

Keep watching. When America sneezes, other countries often catch a cold.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, neeray said:

Keep watching. When America sneezes, other countries often catch a cold.

The 1930 (smoot-Hawley) tariff act comes to mind... although that was more like catching the plague, than a common cold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1