Expats need to organize in face of Embassies discontinuance of income verification letters

20 minutes ago, EricTh said:

just transfer the money to a Thai bank.

Sure, many of us are ready to do this.

We now wait till T.I. let us officially know, they will be agree with this.

I personally transfer since 2000, monthly 2000 Euro, not a problem to continue with this.

But still don't know if this will be accepted in lieu of an income letter by T.I.. 

Edited by luckyluke
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Well, if that is what will happen to you and your family, then you need to man up and accept that - 'cos there is absolutely zero chance of any embassy listening and acting on your complaints - zero, nothing, nada...

Update:  ... and you would do all the above for the sake of not putting 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account??

if he has it, if not very sad story. i hope it works out

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Well, if that is what will happen to you and your family, then you need to man up and accept that - 'cos there is absolutely zero chance of any embassy listening and acting on your complaints - zero, nothing, nada...

Update:  ... and you would do all the above for the sake of not putting 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account??

It won't happen to me, I have enough income and a German embassy letter, good I don't have the 800k but that has never been a problem. I was reacting to the flippant remarks of 'just put 800k in the bank, simple' I have built two western style houses here when the income method was a viable alternative to the 800k method, well for me it still is as long as the German embassy keeps issuing the letter, if it stops I expect the IO will require some other form of proof. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Reading recent topics about Income Letter, it seems to me that these government pensions are not very high. I several times have read 40'000B or alike, so well below the 65'000B required by TI.

Furthermore 65k per month is above the average wage in a non-ferang household.

Edited by evadgib

31 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

How is transferwise short circuiting the system, you can only use it to bring money in to Thailand not however to send it out, I will be using this system. I need more than the 65k a month for my family anyway.

You have no idea whether TI will accept this as proof of income or not.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ally3220 said:

I have enough income to live comfortably and I have a Thai wife, should I be thrown out of Thailand and leave her by herself? According to some people on here I should.

Not according to us, but according to what Thai Immigration will likely implement next year, where if you want to get a 12 month extension on a non O visa, you will likely have to come up with a lump sum of 800K.

Now, you can be hopeful magic would happen, or plan in advance, assuming the worst case scenario. 

Nobody said you'll be thrown out of Thailand, but you may have to look at other visa options, O-A, METV and so on, if the lump sum is not an option.

Edited by lkv

22 hours ago, wgdanson said:

But they, British Emabassy, never verified that the documentary evidence was 100% kosher.

They demanded a physical bank statement not some 'I swear I'm honest' nothing from the US Embassy. Not the same. Move on.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lkv said:

Not according to us, but according to what Thai Immigration will likely implement next year, where if you want to get a 12 month extension on a non O visa, you will likely have to come up with a lump sum of 800K.

Now, you can be hopeful magic would happen, or plan in advance, assuming the worst case scenario. 

Nobody said you'll be thrown out of Thailand, but you may have to look at other visa options, O-A, METV and so on, if the lump sum is not an option.

O-A has a requirement for 800,000 baht I think, so not an option.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
10 minutes ago, ally3220 said:

O-A has a requirement for 800,000 baht I think, so not an option.

It also has a 65k baht income option or a combination of the two.

Yes -- in the country where you apply for the O-A visa, not Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Well, if it was coming from Thailand in the form of passive income (not work obviously, but say rents), it may very well be accepted for the extension who knows, as a 65K local income. Although that's a tricky one.

If it's not coming from Thailand and not the home country, then the options become more limited.

Edited by lkv

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So one has to wonder, why has Thai Immigration decided to single out those three embassies/nationalities and leave all the others undisturbed?

Why did Immigration make the O-X available only for a selected group of countries and not all?

Why do some people qualify for visa exempt when others have to pay for VOA?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lkv said:
33 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Well, if it was coming from Thailand ...

All my funds come from US of A where I would apply for an O-A so you'll have to figure that one out for yourself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

In our case, no one told us anything that we wanted to hear. Instead, they offered alternative solutions. 

Sorry, I was trying to follow your chain of posts on going to CW, but can't track this one...

What were the "alternative solutions" that the staff at CW suggested to you, after saying your U.S. income statements would not be accepted?

Also, I couldn't quite follow what you recounted:  are you saying according to Immigration that the transfer of funds into Thailand was going to have to come direct from an income source like Social Security, or it also could come from the applicant transferring their own resources. (In other words, are they saying no to the applicant doing their own 40K or 65K bank transfers into Thailand each month?)

There are lots of sources of legitimate income, at least what has been legitimate income in the past, that the recipients have no ability have direct deposited into Thailand by the paying entity. My government pension, for example, will only pay into a U.S. bank account or mail me a paper check -- no other option available.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

All my funds come from US of A where I would apply for an O-A so you'll have to figure that one out for yourself.

Ok, so you were likely referring to the inconvenience of travelling to the US every two years as opposed to not having to travel while on an extension.

Yes, Thailand is becoming more inconvenient indeed, tell me about it.

Edited by lkv

57 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

They demanded a physical bank statement not some 'I swear I'm honest' nothing from the US Embassy. Not the same. Move on.

But they did not VERIFY it as the Thai Imm are asking. You need to move on, this has all been said before.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Or, conversely, one has to wonder why the 3 embassies decided to stop issuing the letters and the majority of embassies didn't.

Supposedly, because Thai Immigration told them their letters would no longer be accepted, unless they somehow changed their verification practices. That's the drift of what the Embassies have said.

• Like 2

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Supposedly, because Thai Immigration told them their letters would no longer be accepted, unless they somehow changed their verification practices. That's the drift of what the Embassies have said.

But they are still being accepted and embassies that haven't stopped producing the letters have given no indication that, in the future, they will no longer be accepted by TI. Also, why not continue to produce the letters until such time that TI stop accepting them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Everybody on this thread will have the required income but what methods the TI wish to be employed in the future to prove it is the only sticking point which is why we are all here, to speculate, to help and to exchange experiences with IO, you come across as arrogant and aggressive for no apparent reason.

And you seem eager to get personal for no reason besides my having a difference of opinion to you. 

Maybe "everyone" here does have the required income but obviously Thai immigration sees fit to insist on verification because a heck of a lot of people using these extensions DON'T have it.

Now stop being so cantankerous and defensive and accept that others will disagree with you.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

US Social Security, and my funds management company, do not make transfers to foreign bank accounts. My Stateside bank, into which my funds are deposited, does not make transfers to foreign banks. If your money can be tranferred into foreign accounts (Thai bank), you're good to go. Just use the Thai bank statement, showing the monthly deposits into you Thai account, as your documentation. 

I don't believe the only requirement is that the source of the monthly deposits come from a foreign source, not cash or another Thai account.

Sorry, I've gone back and read more of your prior posts, and still come away unclear...

Based on your conversation with the IOs at CW Immigration...

They will or will not accept if you take your Social Security and other income that gets deposited into your U.S. accounts every month, and then you yourself do a monthly transfer of 40K or 65K into a Thai bank account, and then use the Thai bank book to satisfy Immigration?

Or, are they somehow insisting that the SOURCE of the monthly transfer has to come direct from the income provider, like Social Security?