Gates to ICONSIAM megacity now open for the world to be enchanted

webfact

Gates to ICONSIAM megacity now open for the world to be enchanted

By The Nation

f2dd2d40b2e927fa4611bbdab678a803.jpeg

ICONSIAM, the Bt54 billion (US$1.65 billion) megacity project of future living today, has opened as an iconic landmark of Thailand’s eternal prosperity on the Chao Phraya River.

It comprises two of the most glamorous retail complexes ever seen in the region, two of the most luxurious residential towers and the Seven Wonders at ICONSIAM.

A new chapter of “destination development” history has been written with the opening of a project destined to be a great destination where the best of Thailand meets the best of the world. The opening of ICONSIAM also marks the bringing to life of the concept of ‘Creating Shared Value’ and ‘Co-Creation’ on a scale as never before been seen anywhere in the world. The opening of the mega development was celebrated with spectacular shows and performances that symbolised how Thais have united with the world’s greatest talent to create a riverside phenomenon.

Chadatip Chutrakul, an ICONSIAM director, said: “ICONSIAM is a destination born out of a great joint creative effort that has united the hearts of Thai people from many different walks of life.

These people are capable and knowledgeable. They are from local communities around the country - some are from the business sector and others from the public sector.

They include experts in various disciplines from many countries who love Thailand and want to contribute to a new symbol that can represent the vision of an era and be something that makes Thai people feel proud of being Thai, helps preserve and present Thainess for the next generation, while also making visitors from around the world fall in love and be impressed with Thailand.

“ICONSIAM was created out of a strong desire to present all that is great about Thais and Thailand. There is an unprecedented scale of collaboration between Thai artists and experts from all around the world who have come together to create and construct each detail of ICONSIAM. As Thais, we are also proud that the world’s leading fashion and luxury brands trust and see the value of Thainess and have a truly impressive presence at ICONSIAM.

They collaborated with ICONSIAM by thinking outside of the box and also collaborated with Thai artists, allowing them to create masterpieces that will glorify aspects of Thainess within their stores, for example, by using Thai silk or other Thai materials to decorate their shops. It is a phenomenon that has never happened before in the world by these super brands.”

“ICONSIAM is a city that is the centre of a vast array of wonders in art and culture. It offers the best in shopping and entertainment made possible by a collaboration of business organisations both big and small. They come in all sizes and types. A lot of individuals have come together from different professions. They share a desire to build a venue where all that Thais are proud about can be presented as well as be a place where all great things from all corners of the world are on full display.

They come together to build a new icon which will become a mega phenomenon that will unite all stakeholders and spread prosperity to communities, society and the nation. It is a new-world business concept that seeks to create shared value for every stakeholder to grow together in a sustainable fashion. ICONSIAM is that concept turned into reality on a scale that has never existed before anywhere in the world.”

Supoj Chaiwatsirikul, ICONSIAM’s managing director, said: “ICONSIAM has opened the door to a megacity full of ‘superlatives’ and ‘first-ever’ wonders. Many of the world’s ultra-luxury brands have located their flagship stores in the stunning 25,000-square metre super luxury pavilion called ‘ICONLUXE’ which is situated next to the river and has the longest pillarless glass façade in the world. It is built with specially commissioned glass that is pleated around the building to create a nirvana of luxury worthy of the new landmark on the Chao Phraya River.

ICONSIAM houses the world’s best-known luxury brands with flagship stores that are also globally iconic stores. The ‘icons within icon’ concept was created by ICONSIAM to present luxury brands within duplex maisons inside the sensational ICONLUXE. More than 7,000 leading brands of the world and Thailand will have their presence in Thailand, many for the first time and with new concepts and special products exclusively at ICONSIAM.

He said: “To make ICONSIAM a new landmark of Thailand we asked brand owners to present their brand stories and integrate them into their store designs. We wanted ICONSIAM to be the first development to have the most exciting and most complete story-telling around the brands. Many world-famous brands have shown their confidence in ICONSIAM and collaborated to create store elements that are unique to ICONSIAM and at which visitors can enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience.”

About Bt1 billion will be spend to celebrate the opening of ICONSIAM, of which 70 per cent will be allocated to the first three days of the grand opening ceremony starting from today (November 9).

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30358230

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-09
  • Sad 2

Im going to head over there this weekend to see whats up. Guess they have dancers and what not. Looks sort of cloudy today though, so maybe Ill wait till tonight and tomorrow. Its nothing for me to get there from this side of the River

I think anyway today is only for celebrities and not the normal folks.

I am very surprised as today the traffic in front and around of IconSiam is almost non existing. Will see if tomorrow Saturday when they open for the public will stay same?

9 minutes ago, HampiK said:

I think anyway today is only for celebrities and not the normal folks.

I am very surprised as today the traffic in front and around of IconSiam is almost non existing. Will see if tomorrow Saturday when they open for the public will stay same?

Folks are still at work, the weather is threatening maybe? I might buzz over there in a little bit once Im done with chores.

20 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Can you pick me up a Rolex and a $3,000 hand bag for the mrs.god what a different world we live in where my treat is to go makro once a month????

There was a guy selling those in Soi Arab, want a Diamond encrusted one or not?

My treat is going to Wanglang and finding stuff I need, whilst girlwatching at the big malls.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Looking for ICONSIAM on Google, I found the video below.

How do they do that ?

Stupid me, just had to read the video title : 1'500 drones ! :shock1:

Looks like I have to bring the tripod, damn!

Apple will be opening its fist store in Thailand there...

26B348AF-1D2A-460C-8E62-B21D5146D039.jpeg

Curious will they have a courtesy boat from the Thaksin pier?..: What will be the easiest way to get there from BTS stop?...

Edited by sfokevin

2 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Can you pick me up a Rolex and a $3,000 hand bag for the mrs.god what a different world we live in where my treat is to go makro once a month????

... yeah, +1.

But now, knowing we'd be 'enchanted' - what steamin' BS btw. - won't we be missing something at makro's in the future ...?!

4 hours ago, PhilippBKK said:

The Nation continues to set new standards in ridiculous journalism and article writing ????

It's not an "article."  It's a company issued press release masquerading as an "article."

None of The Nation's staff writers can cobble together English sentences that babble like the OP announcement does.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

About Bt1 billion will be spend to celebrate the opening of ICONSIAM, of which 70 per cent will be allocated to the first three days of the grand opening ceremony starting from today (November 9).

Priorities, priorities, folks!!!!

For Bt1 billion in promotional/grand opening celebrations costs, I sure hope they're getting some free Chinese submarines thrown into the bargain!!!!

What could Bt1 billion be spent on in Thailand that would actually benefit its citizens?   Hmm.....

3 hours ago, MaiDong said:

I think I heard fireworks from this shop this evening ????????

Up in smoke, hopefully. 

I heard them too, unfortunately I face the Rama III bridge and not the action ????

actually there were 2 fireworks.. one at IconSiam and another one near or at Wat Arun.

The one near or at Wat Arun also was on Friday evening, even it was a short one.

But at this area there are a lot of fireworks, because there are also a few top hotel on the riverside...

48 minutes ago, HampiK said:

actually there were 2 fireworks.. one at IconSiam and another one near or at Wat Arun.

The one near or at Wat Arun also was on Friday evening, even it was a short one.

But at this area there are a lot of fireworks, because there are also a few top hotel on the riverside...

I know ????P1040792.thumb.JPG.c3975c78a111a8e55e14e865dd20d656.JPG

Anybody been there yet ? What are the prices like ? Cheating with excess price tags on luxury brands that cost even more then in Europe like they do at Siam Paragon ??..... or are there normal brands like Adidas, Levis, G-Star sold at prices cheaper then in Europe ? ....

3 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Anybody been there yet ? What are the prices like ? Cheating with excess price tags on luxury brands that cost even more then in Europe like they do at Siam Paragon ??..... or are there normal brands like Adidas, Levis, G-Star sold at prices cheaper then in Europe ? ....

I was there all day and just got in. Its absolutely gorgeous in design.

the place was packed. Jam packed. Cant move packed. Tokyo subway packed. Prices on the goods that I saw looked the same as the other big malls. Tom Ford fragrance, for example, sold in the Japanese Department store was priced the same at Paragon. I didnt go into places like Hermes or Sephora. The Nike store was packed. Hermes and Vuitton were hoppng as was Sephora. The "food court" was pretty unique in that they have little ponds with the vendors selling sweets out of boats. Prices were comparable, or a little less than Terminal 21. Lots of crafts.

The Japanese Food Court is ridiculous, Im not paying $30 for Wagyu noodle bowls. The beef did look good. The sushi looked fresh. The Japanese supermarket was...Japanese. Perfect produce, perfect arrangements, clean as a whistle and super expensive, more so than any market I have been in. They were having a sale on Wagyu slices that they cooked right there, 850 b for 100 grams, the Hi So ladies were going nuts over it.

The traffic was horrible as the road is not fixed up yet. Easier to walk from Krung Thonburi BTS. The River shuttles were packed.

Overall impression: Its gorgeous, very classy, and has something for everybody including some nice River view Restaurants (priced accordingly), a Champagne bar, insanely gorgeous dessert bars, every type of food you could want from "mall street food" to fancy Thai, steak, pasta, etc. Even a street vendor could eat there, a Moo Stick and rice was 20B. No Mickey Ds or Pizza Hut or such like. There was a line for miles for the MK Restaurant which is priced the same as all the others. I had a mango smoothie, cost 125, but you got half a mango with it and it was bomb so not really that outrageously priced. There is a 7-11 there. Of course the Japanese Ice cream and milk bars and what not. It is definitely a cool place to hang out, its just a big tourist attraction. Im not buying any Cartier or Hermes, but I sure wouldnt mind another mango smoothie. Im sure that they will have shows all the time and dancers and the like. I could even see splurging on one of the Riverview Resetaurants. Oh there is a Jumbo there too which should draw some traffic. The upper floors with the Museums and Cinema etc arent open yet.

The crowd was primarily Thai by the way.

I see it as a benefit to Thonburi. First of all there is an army of cleaners, sweepers, guards, helpers, clerks, garbage dudes and the like. The poor folks in the area can draw a steady paycheck when they arent qualified to do anything more than sweep the floor. I tried asking a cleaning girl (maybe 20s) a question using Google translate and she couldnt read Thai..either she isnt educated or is from Myanmar, but she has a job, sh**ty as it may be, Of more note is the fact that the street vendors all up and down the road were packed too. The Moto guys were hopping and my taxi ride home said he hasnt stopped all day. There are now extra Baht buses too.

There are kinks to work out, stuff isnt open, stuff is roped off, traffic is not set up yet...but its selfie paradise and I think it will do well, even if they only sell one $200,000 Bulgari necklace a month. hell they probably sold a million dollars worth of ice cream cones this weekend.

I took almost 400 pics and about an hour of video. There were some fabulous looking girls too, I got two Line contacts. Its the camera ????

Edited by Nyezhov