BKK to Mandalay to Shan State to Chiang Rai?

Hello visa experts,

This is a two part question. First as an American who wants to spend 15 days in Myanmar do I need a visa? I will be flying into Mandalay from Bangkok.

Second can I enter Thailand from the Shan state up in Mae Sai, I have the Thai Elite 20 year visa. I have used this post before but never when not entering here.

Thank you.

Hello visa experts,

This is a two part question. First as an American who wants to spend 15 days in Myanmar do I need a visa? I will be flying into Mandalay from Bangkok.

Second can I enter Thailand from the Shan state up in Mae Sai, I have the Thai Elite 20 year visa. I have used this post before but never when not entering here.

Thank you.

I'm just back from border run to Myanmar and I needed a visa. Can get online thru embassy it's $50USD for 28 day visa. You cannot get visa on arrival in Myanmar. Beware there is a link on office embassy website that directs you to a travel agency asking $110USD. Both my cards kicked the transaction back declined look under border runs there is the correct link in that area. As for the second part of question I see no reason you would have issues but ask Ubonjoe to make sure

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

I'm just back from border run to Myanmar and I needed a visa. Can get online thru embassy it's $50USD for 28 day visa. You cannot get visa on arrival in Myanmar. Beware there is a link on office embassy website that directs you to a travel agency asking $110USD. Both my cards kicked the transaction back declined look under border runs there is the correct link in that area. As for the second part of question I see no reason you would have issues but ask Ubonjoe to make sure

Here is the correct linkScreenshot_20181109-113514.jpeg

• Thanks 1