Bangkok to Ban Chang motorway a "boon for tourism" - set to open in 2020

rooster59

Bangkok to Ban Chang motorway a "boon for tourism" - set to open in 2020

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPFhjKLp4gsRiHwn6K7NPU5IUUKyJ1.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

The highways chief told Thai Rath that the Route 7 motorway Bangkok to Bang Chang will be open for motorists in 2020.

The road is now 91% complete. 

Anon Leuangboriboon said that the road would reduce journey times, increase safety and be a boon for tourism. 

The cost of the road that is an extension to the existing route is approximately 1.5 billion baht. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-10

9 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Are there any route maps of this new road?

Pretty easy really. Leave BKK heading for Patts on the 'motorway' and there will be a junction going in the Rayong/BanChang direction.

When you get close to BanChang it will bottleneck at the top of the town.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

But by 2020, all the 'daytime is playtime' bars in BC will have long been shuttered.

Talk about a road to nowhere.

There is that along with 'restaurants' that spring up and shut down with monotonous regularity.

Maybe 4 long term jobs that I can think of.

58 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

A year ago, the last time I was in Ban chang, the highway looked pretty close to completion already. What is taking them so long? Collection of backhanders? 

The contract to buy the paint for the white and yellow lines is proving difficult, I expect.  Or perhaps someone has suggested, belatedly,  that road drains might be useful.  :sleep:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Pretty easy really. Leave BKK heading for Patts on the 'motorway' and there will be a junction going in the Rayong/BanChang direction.

When you get close to BanChang it will bottleneck at the top of the town.

I appreciate what you say. I'm just curious about the actual route it takes.

1 hour ago, thecyclist said:

A year ago, the last time I was in Ban chang, the highway looked pretty close to completion already. What is taking them so long? Collection of backhanders? 

a flyover linking the bypass road, is no where near finished, as is the sukhumvit road underpass, nor are any of the access roads. apart from that its all ready to rock

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.7157414,101.0215935,2056m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Like 1

Thread a year ago says 2019

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/985991-pattaya-maptaphut-highway-extension-on-track-for-2019-opening/#comment-11945259

32km an takes 5 years to build it, oh my <deleted> god, those construction companies are so damn slow in these country, every time there are delays on every project...

Time to fine those construction companies heavil that are behind the schedule, so they can get their shit together and get things done on time..

there is a project going on not to far away from where I’m living (Pak Chong) they are building a bypass road, and since April I haven’t seen any progress I see there are some workers there( very few ) but they looks  useless, driving back and forth with the machinery without any plan...

3 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I appreciate what you say. I'm just curious about the actual route it takes.

Best way I can think of to describe it is if you can imagine a dual road with a turn off from the motorway from BKK that means you will not need the 36 to Rayong and then the 331 to BC. 

If you drive north from Sattahip on the 331 just after the turn to Bhudda Mountain you will see the 'dual' above your head crossing the 331. That will have connection from Pattaya feeding on to it around the Ambassador complex going east from Patts.

Where it connects with BC you will have a choice of going into BC 'main' road or the by-pass to Maptaphut or straight to Utapao airport with traffic lights and junctions to slow you down in all options..

8 hours ago, The traveler said:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/985991-pattaya-maptaphut-highway-extension-on-track-for-2019-opening/#comment-11945259

32km an takes 5 years to build it, oh my <deleted> god, those construction companies are so damn slow in these country, every time there are delays on every project...

Time to fine those construction companies heavil that are behind the schedule, so they can get their shit together and get things done on time..

there is a project going on not to far away from where I’m living (Pak Chong) they are building a bypass road, and since April I haven’t seen any progress I see there are some workers there( very few ) but they looks  useless, driving back and forth with the machinery without any plan...

Thank you.  How in the world did Ban Chang enter into this routing in the first place ?

As stated above in the url , I always thought the reason for the whole exercise (including the high speed train) was to connect Lam Chabang Port with Mapthaput industrial Estate .   What are they going to do, have all the heavy trucks use Sukumvit to connect in Ban Chang and then catch the new highway 

Almost as crazy as exactly what is going to happen at Sukumvit in Ban Amphur when they make up their mind how they are going to build an interchange without destroying Oceans"s Marina storage shed 

16 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Thank you.  How in the world did Ban Chang enter into this routing in the first place ?

As stated above in the url , I always thought the reason for the whole exercise (including the high speed train) was to connect Lam Chabang Port with Mapthaput industrial Estate .   What are they going to do, have all the heavy trucks use Sukumvit to connect in Ban Chang and then catch the new highway 

Almost as crazy as exactly what is going to happen at Sukumvit in Ban Amphur when they make up their mind how they are going to build an interchange without destroying Oceans"s Marina storage shed 

traffic for mataphut will use a new flyover over the sukhumvit, and connect with the bypass road to mataphut, no need to use the sukhumvit road.

11 hours ago, cookieqw said:

maybe the one cutting thru the dark side ??

Leave the Darkside out of this, us mere mortals are quite happy living a peaceful life over here, Oh and by the way the street lights now work so you can find your way home (now called the lightside)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

traffic for mataphut will use a new flyover over the sukhumvit, and connect with the bypass road to mataphut, no need to use the sukhumvit road.

The by-pass road through BanChang has traffic lights/crossroads all the way to Maptaphut and is always falling apart where it reaches the industrial estate. It's going to need some major road works to prevent everything jamming up.

Edited by overherebc

In the meantime traffic in Baan Amphur continues to wreak havoc on travel times; the numpties are attempting, after MONTHS of inactivity, to asphalt a huge stretch.  ineffectual police flap their arms about to make drivers go faster or set up bandit-blocks to take advantage of the situation/stranded motorists!

• Like 1

In the meantime traffic in Baan Amphur continues to wreak havoc on travel times; the numpties are attempting, after MONTHS of inactivity, to asphalt a huge stretch.  ineffectual police flap their arms about to make drivers go faster or set up bandit-blocks to take advantage of the situation/stranded motorists!
On Friday this caused a very long traffic jam almost all the way back to the Wat Na-Jomtien traffic lights...took me 30 mins to get from Alangkarn to the Bahn amphur lights.

21 hours ago, The traveler said:

I think you'll find that the 5 years of construction relates to the whole eastern seaboard highway 7 expansion spurs and bypasses and not just this final 32 km. Some of that extensive work has been opened since mid/late 2017, the bulk of it this year and the end bits to Ban Chang on target for 2019.

10 hours ago, mikebell said:

Excuse us but this is the "stupid waste of time and money Ban Chang motorway to nowhere" thread. Please feel free to start your own "stupid waste of time and money Ban Amphur dual-carriageway resurfacing" thread elsewhere at your leisure.