Fake Certificate Before, Real Certificate Now

I have been teaching in Thailand with a fake certificate and ran away back home.Want to get back to Thailand,apologise,confess,pay the price for my mistake,get married,teach again and have a normal life.I want to point out the fact that I have got a real certificate now.QUESTION Can I enter Thailand without being caught atBKK International Airport?Want to solve this because I feel deeply sorry.Need advice and cannot get in touch with lawyers from outside Thailand

Would you like to provide a little more information as to why you departed, when you departed, how you now have a real certificate, how you now have your whole life planned, what your nationality is and such. Right now this is very high on the troll meter.

QUESTION Can I enter Thailand without being caught at BKK International Airport?

Being caught for what?

What on earth did you run away from in the first place that makes it a risky thing to come back in for?

Clearly you are not telling the whole story and writing the way you have makes it sound like your name could actually be John Kerr or Gary Glitter or <insert any name here>

I left the country because I was working ilegally in thailand in a school with a fake bachlors degree. I left right after the coup, end of september because I heard of ilegal teachers being deported and two were sent to jail, while others suffered a pay cut, were allowed to finish the school year, but then had to quit. The real certificate is not a bachlors, it's a TEFL certificate (Teaching English as a Foreign Language), which is valid internationally. I'm a Belgian.

Right now I just want to go back to Thailand, that's the only plan. I'm worried how the Thai government will tackle my previous forgery if they find out. So I'm thinking it's just better to turn myself in, pay whatever fine, but will they let me work again?

Casanundra, I'm sorry if I never asked a question like this before and that I don't have a lot of practice. Clearly you feel more competent. Should I be worried that you might be a Garry Glitter in the making?

I came to the forum to seek advice. If I wanted sarcasm, I'm sure a google search with the apropriate keywords would have given me just what I wanted. All that to say Casanundra, I don't apreciate your sence of humor.

Lopburi3, thank you for helping me refine my question. You definetely seem more knowledgeable and mature than the other guy.

Edited by sierraversace

I left the country because I was working ilegally in thailand in a school with a fake bachlors degree. I left right after the coup, end of september because I heard of ilegal teachers being deported and two were sent to jail, while others suffered a pay cut, were allowed to finish the school year, but then had to quit. The real certificate is not a bachlors, it's a TEFL certificate (Teaching English as a Foreign Language), which is valid internationally. I'm a Belgian.

Right now I just want to go back to Thailand, that's the only plan. I'm worried how the Thai government will tackle my previous forgery if they find out. So I'm thinking it's just better to turn myself in, pay whatever fine, but will they let me work again?

Casanundra, I'm sorry if I never asked a question like this before and that I don't have a lot of practice. Clearly you feel more competent. Should I be worried that you might be a Garry Glitter in the making?

I came to the forum to seek advice. If I wanted sarcasm, I'm sure a google search with the apropriate keywords would have given me just what I wanted. All that to say Casanundra, I don't apreciate your sence of humor.

Lopburi3, thank you for helping me refine my question. You definetely seem more knowledgeable and mature than the other guy.

Please don't tell me you are teaching English.

Sorry, yes I do teach English, but spoken English.

I don't think you should be worried about being caught for you previous wrongdoings.

It's possible when applying for a new work permit, they might see that you had a Bachelors Degree previously and now you do not.

My opinion though is that it is unlikely.

Ash

Sorry i'm not a teacher and i should not reply in this Topic, but why you like to risk anything? I't is not only Thailand on this world. I' my self im stuckt up in business investment, if i'm financially free, like you, i would try to living in another country.

What about your passport, which is copied for almost everything you apply for here? If it shows prior stamps in Thailand, including extended for a work permit, that might raise questions. Don't overlook that if you come back now and apply for a new job, they (the indefinite 'they') may require a real bachelor's degree, and a criminal background check from your country.

Good luck. The thought occurs to me...why not teach in some other country?

They may very well accept your apology and even admire your honesty. That still leaves you with the problem of not having a degree which seems to be the minimum requirement to get a teachers licence now. It is possible that the only work availible for you will be illegal which again could be considered dishonest and possibly get you in trouble with the law.

I think that if you really want to teach in Thailand than at least try and begin the process of obtaining a legitimate degree. I would imagine that there is distance learning degrees in Belgium. If you do manage to get work here then at least you will know that you will eventually meet the minimum requirements. It may also impress any employers that you are serious about wanting to teach.

I wish you all the best.

I came to the forum to seek advice. If I wanted sarcasm, I'm sure a google search with the apropriate keywords would have given me just what I wanted. All that to say Casanundra, I don't apreciate your sence of humor. Lopburi3, thank you for helping me refine my question. You definetely seem more knowledgeable and mature than the other guy.

Gary Glitter in the making, I must tell my wife that one, i'm sure she'll understand.

But yes, you are right, I should have given you credit for being a newbie and a run away Belgian with the title of illegal English teacher status here. Clearly you deserve the benefit of the doubt. So please do forgive my obvious sarcasm and lack of Belgian sense of humour in this matter as I think my position here working at the highest levels of legal education in Thailand has had an obvious affect on my well being and so I must go and have a lie down.

Edited by Casanundra

Good luck. The thought occurs to me...why not teach in some other country?

Possibly because the OP and thousands of his ilk have not the slightest interest in teaching beyond the opportunity that it may afford them to remain in Thailand in circumstances otherwise unavailable.

If the Thai were chronically short of anal hair strimmers then the OP and his cohorts would doubtlessly pitch into that occupation with equal fervour and perhaps with a litttle more skill than has evidently been demonstrated in the classroom.

Possibly because the OP and thousands of his ilk have not the slightest interest in teaching beyond the opportunity that it may afford them to remain in Thailand in circumstances otherwise unavailable.

If the Thai were chronically short of anal hair strimmers then the OP and his cohorts would doubtlessly pitch into that occupation with equal fervour and perhaps with a litttle more skill than has evidently been demonstrated in the classroom.

This about sums it up. He may even enjoy it more than teaching!

I think you are slightly paranoid.

OK, so you presented a fake university diploma to school X several years ago, a copy of which is probably now collecting dust in a file cabinet of school X, along with hundreds of others, or may even have been thrown out already (as you have left the school).

Why on earth do you think that some other schools Y and Z would know about that fake diploma?

All they would know about is the authentic TEFL which you present to them and which may or may not be enough to get a job at school Y and Z.

I think your worries are WAY overblown.

In Myanmar or North Korea, where the respective juntas suspect every resident foreigner of being a spy or agitator and therefore keep files on them, I'd worry, but not in Thailand.

Confessing to your previous crime will probably do you more harm than good.

Because after you confess, there WILL be a paper trail on that crime at the Ministry of Education, while now there isn't.

In a nutshell:

- Don't ask, don't tell.

- Don't go back to school X.

- You'll be fine.

Like Maestro said, you still don't have a BA which is what most people need to get a TL and a WP.

Some schools that have a good relationship in the MOE have been able to get TL's and WP's for teachers without all the required documents in the past, but I wouldn't bet on that happening after the latest crackdowns.

Anyway, why did you run away to Belgium? You could of just quit you job and done a TEFL course here...........Running away and then comming back afew months later won't stop the MOE for looking for you if your name was already on their list of wanted people for using fake doccuments.........

Wow, all this for a $600 to $800 a month job with no future. As seen many times before the rules will

change. When the pay gets decent enough they will start attracting Thais who have studied overseas to teach english and only upper administrators in the education system will be foreigners.

Wonder when the day will come they will not accept applicants off the street anymore.

Most likely they could find decent people whom are interested in sabaticals and retiree's to fill sponsored teaching positions on 1, 2 or 3 year contracts.

For Khun?'s opinions, I don't think that Thai ppl who studied abroad will teach English in schools...more possible in university level that some Thai lecturers teach ENglish or other subjects in English. Well, just so far, i've never seen one except he or she owns that school.

And for sierraversace, as you are still in Belgium, I also agree with some others that you'd better get a degree. You want to do it right, let's do it right. I think getting a degree not only helps you to work in thailand legally but it may also give you a chance to explore yourself what you really want in your life and what you are actually good at so and so. It's long go for a degree so be patient and be possitive!

good luck!

I came to the forum to seek advice. If I wanted sarcasm, I'm sure a google search with the apropriate keywords would have given me just what I wanted. All that to say Casanundra, I don't apreciate your sence of humor. Lopburi3, thank you for helping me refine my question. You definetely seem more knowledgeable and mature than the other guy.

Gary Glitter in the making, I must tell my wife that one, i'm sure she'll understand.

But yes, you are right, I should have given you credit for being a newbie and a run away Belgian with the title of illegal English teacher status here. Clearly you deserve the benefit of the doubt. So please do forgive my obvious sarcasm and lack of Belgian sense of humour in this matter as I think my position here working at the highest levels of legal education in Thailand has had an obvious affect on my well being and so I must go and have a lie down.

I was under the impression that the forum was for seeking sensible answers to questions from the old guys and newbee - seems that there is always some stupid person with nothing to contribute but nonsence replys - better to say nothing at all -- and wow - highest levels of education -- not sure if in fact you do have any education - good luck to the guy from Belguim -- at least he is an honest one -

....Most likely they could find decent people whom are interested....

Please don't use whom if you don't know how to. It's perfectly acceptable to stick to who (even in cases purists would choose whom).

Thank you!

What a positive post! Congratulations must be given to you on your English abilities!

Please teach us more................................

For Khun?'s opinions, I don't think that Thai ppl who studied abroad will teach English in schools...more possible in university level that some Thai lecturers teach ENglish or other subjects in English. Well, just so far, i've never seen one except he or she owns that school.

I used to teach engrish at a temple school and am 1/2 Thai. I studied abroad. There you go. One :-)

Of course, now I must now demonstrate my vast engrish abilities:

'I am go for the studeeee in der oversea, I am him be smart hansum man. Chai Mai?'

There you are. Good as gold.

More importantly, I was of the understanding you needed a degree, so just TOEFL may not be enough. Can you not just go teach elsewhere e.g. Korean or get a job that isn't teaching, selling Belgian, er, waffles or something?

Cassundra; classic post :-) Methinks the farce is strong in this one. :-)

I was under the impression that the forum was for seeking sensible answers to questions from the old guys and newbee - seems that there is always some stupid person with nothing to contribute but nonsence replys - better to say nothing at all -- and wow - highest levels of education -- not sure if in fact you do have any education - good luck to the guy from Belguim -- at least he is an honest one -

Your point is well taken about helping newbies and we are happy here to help those who are obviously clinically sane but you have to admit that the Belgian version of Inspector Cleusau posting the original question was and is a tinsy whinsy laughable with his current position... honest yes, mad as a hatter most certainly, out of touch with reality in Thailand, you betcha!

I'll tell you what i'll do though because I am a nice guy. I am interviewing 50 or so wannabe master students in two weeks time who want to join the international program that I run at one of the most prestigious and well known universities here in Thailand (this could either be Thammasat or Chula but up to you to figure it out) and if any of them upon questioning sound like that rather annoying Belgian detective Hercule Poiroit then i'll let you know. I'm pretty sure as you'll agree that it won't be too hard to narrow it down to which illegal non native speaker of 'onglish' with a brand new 4 week certificate made from Belgian chocolates was teaching them prior to their arrival at my academic office.

If that's alright with you bluey me ole mate.

Edited by Casanundra

Sorry, yes I do teach English, but spoken English.

I guess you mean broken English??? Either way you need a English course for your self before you teach someone else. No wonder you had a fake degree, you couldn't pass the course to get a degree. We need real teachers not fake ones. Have a nice day