What is your method to stay here (changes in the embassy letters)

Type of Visa/Extension method  

355 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 11/16/2018 at 9:22 AM, KittenKong said:

So you pay 500,000B as a one-off fee and you call that a "good deal" when compared to depositing 800,000B and paying just a couple of thousand Baht total per year in fees for a retirement extension or depositing half that, with similar fees, for a marriage extension?

Looks like a terrible deal to me. Both the alternatives require no income proof and no need to leave the country.

I would say that the Thai Elite Visa is possibly suitable for single people under 50 with a lot of money to burn, but of little or no interest to anyone else.
And I cant help thinking that if I was under 50, single and had a lot of money to burn then Thailand would not be where I would choose to burn it.

I feel it's a good deal, since I am only 37 years old and I don't want to get married. I also don't want to work for a Thai company with low pay while I can earn at least 200.000 Baht per month working online. 

Thai Elite seems the most convenient of options for me. No border runs, no hassle. And all-in-all it really isn't that expensive, it averages out on around 2.500 EUR (100.000 Baht) a year. Living in The Netherlands I was already paying at least 600.000 Baht a year in income taxes. 

Sure, once I reach 50, I might consider the retirement visa. 

1 hour ago, wolf81 said:

I feel it's a good deal, since I am only 37 years old and I don't want to get married. I also don't want to work for a Thai company with low pay while I can earn at least 200.000 Baht per month working online. 

Thai Elite seems the most convenient of options for me. No border runs, no hassle. And all-in-all it really isn't that expensive, it averages out on around 2.500 EUR (100.000 Baht) a year. Living in The Netherlands I was already paying at least 600.000 Baht a year in income taxes. 

Sure, once I reach 50, I might consider the retirement visa. 

If you're planning to remain in T/L until retirement, you might be better off with the 20 year Elite for just 1MM bt.  This is much better value than the 5 year Elite, at just 50k per year.

On 11/15/2018 at 11:23 AM, KittenKong said:

It's a bit late but an option 6 should have been included: "I just pay an agent to do it all". I know many people who do this.

Are you sure those agents are not a thing of the past?  They were several around Pattaya and they used to have a relationship with Immigration and the bribe and the price of their delivering it was included in one price to the Farang. Expensive but worth it in saved aggravation.   I don't think Immigration takes bribes from anyone any longer, those days are long gone.  

Now all the "agents" seem to advertise is Western visas for your Thai girlfriend.