Lawyer vows to pursue rape claim against doctor

webfact

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Sounds fishy..... 

Why she has to visit the Doc a second time? 

In our Countries there is also a Nurse assisting. Just in case of such a case. 

Even in Thai hospitals they do it. 

So was it a deliberately rape???? 

How do you have accidental rape?

6 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Sounds fishy..... 

Why she has to visit the Doc a second time? 

In our Countries there is also a Nurse assisting. Just in case of such a case. 

Even in Thai hospitals they do it. 

So was it a deliberately rape???? 

I worked as a volunteer in an STD clinic in the USA and we dealt with sexual assault cases. 

What looks like stupid behavior from the outside may have some sort of a reason or internal logic. 

Why did the woman go back? Maybe it is the only clinic in town. Maybe it is the cheap clinic in town and she is poor. Maybe her friends recommended the doctor. I have no idea but often people have their own logic for doing something that does not seem to make sense. 

I have no opinion about whether or not a rape took place but I think it is sad that the posters here - mostly men I am assuming - have so little sympathy for someone who may have been sexually assaulted. 

Yes Yes Yes..I know, some posters will be in the mindset of - "What about this", "What about that", "What about", "What about"???? - It is a newspaper article.

You do not know and I do not know the alleged rape victims mindset, her status in life, her reasons for going back to the clinic etc.

Be more sympathetic. 

• Like 1

Entrapment?  Any doctor using his position to abuse patients (eg. Larry Nassau of Women’s Gymnastic Assoc fame comes to mind) is pretty scummy but going back after the doc “rubbed his genitals and tried to kiss her” is really unusual and even if she wanted to gather more evidence to incriminate the doctor why allow 15-20 minutes of intercourse?  

The doctor is definitely in the wrong so hopefully she will be his last victim.

Edited by smileydude

3 hours ago, smileydude said:

Entrapment?  Any doctor using his position to abuse patients (eg. Larry Nassau of Women’s Gymnastic Assoc fame comes to mind) is pretty scummy but going back after the doc “rubbed his genitals and tried to kiss her” is really unusual and even if she wanted to gather more evidence to incriminate the doctor why allow 15-20 minutes of intercourse?  

The doctor is definitely in the wrong so hopefully she will be his last victim.

It does seem odd that she would allow someone to violate her..but Thailand is a place where men have higher status than women. Doctors and other professionals have high status in society etc. 

It may be the women was afraid to complain, or afraid to make trouble or afraid of something else. 

We don't know. 

After working with assault victims at the STD clinic where I volunteered I soon realized that something I see as an assault some poor women might see as what she deserved because she had back talked to her man or she wore provocative clothing and deserved to be raped. 

We can never understand what someone is experiencing without knowing all the facts. 

Also the doctor is willing to give 50K to the woman...if I was more cynical I would say that screams I am guilty and I want to pay to make it go away.   

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 1:00 PM, webfact said:

he replied that it was regarded as a sexual arousal technique used to reduce pain in the affected area through the release of a “happiness hormone”,

Really???  What a moron!  More like it released the "Horny Hormone" in the doc!!!  

What's up Doc?......My "Horny Hormone" is....

image.jpeg.2a4722fbefcd69664460459ab66ffea6.jpeg

• Like 1