Tourist Visa Extention

Hi all, just a quick question. Will imergration give me a extention on my tourist visa tomorrow (sat) as it actually ran out today (the 16th) Anybody got any experience of this and could advise me.

Thanks in advance.

I do not have experience on overstays. But since no one has yet to reply you, and you are extending your tv tomorrow, this is what will happen....... simple ..... you will be fine for overstaying your visa. Per day bht 500. Pay your fine at same time of applying for extension.

Like I said, I do not have actual experience, but procedures are as above.

Hi all, just a quick question. Will imergration give me a extention on my tourist visa tomorrow (sat) as it actually ran out today (the 16th) Anybody got any experience of this and could advise me.

Thanks in advance.

I have been in this situation at Pattaya/Jomtien immigration office several times. If you get to the office first thing they will usually waive the overstay fee/stamp ( as you are seen to be making the effort ). Leave it till late and they will charge you the 500 baht and give you an overstay stamp in you PP. This is on top of the extension fee of 1900 baht. Not had any experience of any immigration office other than this one though.

Edited by eggnog

Hiya,

Just an update. Went to immigration(BKK) this morning and received my extention no problem. :o Just 500bt fine for one day overstay but thats ok i'll remember not to let my visa run out next time...

For info Bangkok immigration opening hours Mon - Fri 08:30 - 16:30 Sat 08:30 - 12:00

And not sure if Monday the 19th is a national public holiday either this forum is the only place reporting this info, I check with BCC who seem fairly reliable Thai commercial holidays

Thanks for the help

Regards

• 5 months later...
For info Bangkok immigration opening hours Mon - Fri 08:30 - 16:30 Sat 08:30 - 12:00

Thank your for that information. A lot seems to be out of date on that website, I see.

--

Maestro

So its gonna be open tomorrow morning? 28th Jul? :o

I hope so for your sake as monday and tuesday are holidays.

You dug up a five month old thread to post a question? From Monday being a holiday there may be a possibility they would be open but have not seen anyone post that they are. Of course I also have to assume you are talking about Bangkok?

You dug up a five month old thread to post a question? From Monday being a holiday there may be a possibility they would be open but have not seen anyone post that they are. Of course I also have to assume you are talking about Bangkok?

Well the initial thread was about Bangkok immigration opening on saturday which it seemed there was a little confusion about in the first place? It looked to me like Suan Plu was open on Saturday mornings as standard now, my query was if it would be open tomorrow and uneffected by the holiday - which is why I put tomorrows date after the 7 word sentence. :o

Edited by TopDogger

I'm just curious about this:

My visa was due to expire on Monday 30 July, but I extended a week early. This was fortunate because I didn't realise there was a public holiday on the day my visa expires....but...hypothetically... do they charge an overstay if you happen to be 2 days late because of public holidays, or do they practice leniency in these cases? I'm sure quite a few people get caught out like this.

Normally they will not charge overstay if you show up after a holiday but there really is no reason to do so for normal 30 day extensions as you can go a week early and obtain the same extension (you do not lose any days by doing early).

• 2 weeks later...